Nintendo reveals it’s E3 2016 plans and it’s nothing but Zelda
Nintendo has confirmed it’s plans for E3 2016 and like they said it would be, it’s nothing but Zelda for the Wii U. There’s no hints at anything else – the booth, the Treehouse Live and well everything is Zelda.
Nintendo says it will ‘transform’ its E3 booth to ‘immerse fans in the world of the newest game in The Legend of Zelda franchise’. The game is said to be playable at the show for the first time ever and will the only game playable in Nintendo’s booth with ‘extended demos’.
So what about for everyone else at home?
Well on Tuesday 14th of June local LA time Nintendo of America President and COO Reggie Fils-Aime will introduce Nintendo Treehouse: Live. It will be dedicated to an entire day of live stream gameplay of The Legend of Zelda.
An entire day.
Series Producer Eiji Aonuma has said that this new instalment in The Legend of Zelda franchise will be a clean break from the convention of previous games, removing boundaries that forced players to follow a set path and introducing new gameplay that has not been experience in previous games in the series.
And that’s it, that’s the whole press release. No Digital Event, no Direct, no nothing.
Nintendo Treehouse Live: The Legend of Zelda Edition Worldwide Times
- Perth – Wednesday, June 15th 2016 – 12 am
- Adelaide, Darwin – Wednesday, June 15th 2016 – 1:30am
- Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane – Wednesday, June 15th 2016 – 2:00am
- Auckland – Wednesday, June 15th 2016 – 4:00am
- London – Tuesday, June 14th 2015 – 5:00pm
- Berlin – Tuesday, June 14th 2015 – 6:00pm
- Tokyo – Wednesday, June 15th 2016 – 1:00am
- Los Angeles – Tuesday, June 14th 2015 – 9:00am
- New York – Tuesday, June 14th 2015 -Noon