Mario Strikers: Battle League Football’s first free update detailed, yes – it has Daisy
The first wave of DLC for Mario Strikers: Battle League Football has been revealed and adds two new characters – Daisy and Shy Guy.
Daisy joins the game as character with a technique rating, Shy Guy is an all-around nice guy (and his stats are the same too). There’s also a new gear set that is based on Knights and a new stadium Desert Ruin.
The free Wave 1 update drops on Friday morning, July 22nd. Nintendo says two more updates are coming to the game in 2022 as well with more characters, gear and stadiums.
Note: Video below is from Nintendo of America, as for some reason the Nintendo UK video (with the name used in Australia) was pulled from YouTube.
Update 22/7: The first wave of content is here alongside a new patch, here’s the change notes.
Ver. 1.1.0 (Released July 21, 2022)
- Added “Daisy” as a playable character.
- Added “Shy Guy” as a playable character.
- Added the “Desert Ruin” stadium.
- Added the “Knight” gear set.
- Increased how many items can be displayed in the Notifications ticker in Strikers Club.
- When choosing “Random” on the Character Selection screen, the geared version of the Character will be selected (if one exists).
- Reduced the probability of scoring on a weak shot from far away.
- Reduced the probability of Stars appearing when you are losing by a 1 or 2 point difference.
- Revised the CPU behavior and opposing team composition in Cup Battles.
- Added visible trail to the ball when it’s not in active possession, making it easier to see.
- Made player numbers easier to see when playing online.
- Fixed an issue when playing as Waluigi and using a hyper strike in which the ball could hit a goal post and not go in.
- Made several other adjustments to game balance and fixed several other issues to improve the gameplay experience.