E3 2018: New Octopath Traveler demo available tomorrow
We’re just about a month out from Octopath Traveler’s release, and Square Enix has thrown together a little something to help you decide if you’re picking it up — or to start a little early.
The new Octopath Traveler demo will allow you to try out a number of different classes while you play through an early part of the game, and once the full game releases, your progress and choices in the demo will carry over. Octopath Traveler is scheduled to launch on the 13th of July.
Check out the description and trailer below.
Choose your fate. Eight stories await.
Eight travelers. Eight adventures. Eight roles to play in a new world brought to life by Square Enix. And now, you can enjoy all of them in the new demo available on Nintendo eShop. Step into the shoes and live the stories of each of the eight travelers and freely explore the world of Orsterra. Then, carry your choices and adventure into the main game with save data transfer.
Use each character’s special abilities in and out of battle. Break through enemy defenses by discovering and targeting weaknesses. Store Boost Points with each turn and then spend them at strategic times to strengthen abilities, chain attacks, or provide aid. Choose the path you wish to walk and discover what lies beyond the horizon.
- Explore multiple, distinct RPG adventures in a world created by Square Enix
- Choose from eight characters, each with their own personal story
- New demo available now on Nintendo eShop that offers save data transfer to main game
- Deep, strategic turn-based combat with a layered battle system
- Visuals inspired by retro RPGs, brought to life with modern touches and a rousing, dynamic musical score