Massive ‘Grand Prix’ update for Super Bomberman R arrives
Teased all the way back in September, the Grand Prix update for Super Bomberman R has now finally arrived.
This update adds a ton of new content including a new world in the story, new characters, and a whole new game mode.
Here are the full details from Konami, the update to the game is completely free.
- New World 7 Story and bosses
- Nine New Characters
- New Unlockable Pets that will keep you company
- New Playable Multiplayer Maps
- A Whole New Game Mode for 3v3 play in the Grand Prix!
- Fresh Arena style Maps
Grand Prix mode is a team versus mode that pits two teams of up to 3 players each to battle it out in different arena stages using new characters with special abilities. The Grand Prix mode includes several matches:
- “Crystal” Match – two teams compete to earn points by collecting crystals. Watch out for bombs! If you’re blown away you lose half of your crystals. The team with the most points at the end of the round wins.
- “Basic Bomber” Match — two teams compete against each other using standard Bomberman rules. Each team begins with a set number of lives. To win, take out your opponents to earn the most points before the time runs out.