RIP Miitomo – Nintendo announces end of service for May
Nintendo has announced that its first mobile app, Miitomo will cease working on May 9th. The application which was Nintendo’s first foray into mobile will essentially not work after this date and the purchasing of coins has already been suspended.
The service will close at 6:00 pm AEDT on May 9th.
Here’s the official message from Nintendo;
We would like to thank you all for enjoying Miitomo!
Miitomo will end its service at 12:00 AM (PDT) on 5/9/2018, and we want to thank you for your support since the Miitomo app’s launch.
The sale of Miitomo coins ended on 1/24/2018.
Until the end of the Miitomo service on 5/9, we’re offering daily login bonuses of Miitomo coins and game tickets so that users can continue to play Miitomo Drop and use other features such as the Miitomo shop.
Please see here for more information.
About the app after the end of service
- If you launch the app after the end of service on 5/9, you’ll see a message informing you that service has ended. You will no longer be able to use any of the app’s features.
- You will no longer be able to see your answers or messages in the app.
- You will no longer be able to use items you’ve obtained in the app, such as clothing items, wallpapers, or posters.
- You can transfer your Mii™ character to your Nintendo Account by linking it to Miitomo. (Its personality and other information will not be carried over.)
- Sidekick Mii characters will be deleted. You can keep Sidekick Mii characters by saving them as a QR Code® before the end of service on 5/9/2018 12:00 AM (PDT). They can then be transferred to Mii Maker on the Nintendo 3DS™ family of systems or the Wii U™ console.
- You will not be able to view Miifotos, including Miifotos you have shared to your social media channels. If you want to save any Miifotos, you must save them to your smart device before 5/9/2018 12:00 AM (PDT).
- Miitomo- themed icons and clothing items used in your Nintendo Account or the Super Mario Run™ game will not display after the service has ended.
Are you sad about Miitomo closing down? Let us know in the comments.