Aussie game Screencheat gets an exclusive remaster on Switch next week
Aussie indie devs have been some of the biggest supporters of the Switch since it launched, and today another indie is throwing their hat in the ring with a new, enhanced version of a multiplayer game, exclusively for Switch.
Melbourne developers Samurai Punk today announced that Screencheat: Unplugged is coming exclusively to the Nintendo Switch next Thursday, on the 29th of November. Initially released on PC back in 2014, Screencheat is a unique first-person couch co-op multiplayer game in which all the players are invisible. In order to track down your opponents you must screencheat, by looking at your opponents’ perspectives to figure out where they are and take them down.
Screencheat: Unplugged comes with a host of new features exclusive to the Switch, including a complete visual overhaul, with brighter, more colourful maps, an all new soundtrack, a revamped UI, and full support for all Switch controller setups — single Joy-Con, dual Joy-Con, and Pro Controller. Screencheat: Unplugged will be available on the Switch eShop for $17.99 AUD, but if you preorder the game before launch, you’ll get a tidy 25% discount, bringing the price down to $13.49.
You can check out the game’s full description and trailer below.
Screencheat is the award-winning, split-screen shooter where everyone is invisible so you have to “screencheat” (verb: to look at your opponent’s screens), enhanced exclusively for Nintendo Switch™! Inspired by the great split-screen shooters of yesteryear, Screencheat: Unplugged is a fresh take on the classic couch multiplayer you know and love!
Master a wide variety of weapons and engage in fast and frantic combat with up to four players locally or with bots, then challenge yourself in the tricky time trials mode. With colourful maps, unique modes and a huge number of customisation options including wacky mutators, Screencheat: Unplugged is the ultimate party FPS.
Play How You Want
Gather your friends and play together using single Joy-Con™, dual Joy-Con™ or a Pro Controller! Screencheat features a host of intuitive control schemes no matter what you’re playing with. Choose a control scheme, then customise it to suit your play style.Advertisement
- Ten unique and crazy weapons
- Ranging from the dependable Blunderbuss to the heroic Hobby Horse to the completely crazy Chefolet; a car engine that fires ricocheting energy balls, all are designed to deliver deadly satisfaction. Each weapon comes with its own unique mechanics, encouraging wildly different play styles.
- Eleven retro-inspired maps
- In the spirit of the best arena shooters, you’ll spend time traversing 11 maps via air vents and trampolines until you’ve acquired your target and fragged them accordingly. Each map is designed with colour-coded areas as well as plentiful landmarks that allow you to quickly locate other players without being able to actually see them.
- Nine nostalgic game modes
- From traditional favourites such as Deathmatch, Capture the Fun where players compete to hold a pinata for the longest, to the completely unique Murder Mystery that challenges you to find and frag your specific target with a specific weapon.
- Customise and mutate
- We’ve got heaps of customisation options so you can play the game however you want! Choose which weapons are allowed, adjust player attributes, victory conditions, penalties and more. To really mix it up stack on some Mutators such as hyper mode, low gravity, flappy jump or the iconic Australian Edition.
Fully Remastered and Enhanced
- Complete visual overhaul
- Brighter, more colourful and readable maps including level design tweaks
- Highly-detailed redesigned and reanimated weapon models
- Remastered character models plus brand new characters added to the mix
- Brand new jazzy, electro soundtrack and updated sound effects
- Revamped UI making it easier to get into games and customise to your hearts’ content
- Full Nintendo Switch controller support (single / dual Joy-Con or Pro Controller)
- Loads of new kill messages!