Whoops: Sonic Mania’s Plus update got released early, now pulled
Sonic Mania is getting a huge update soon and a retail release with it included. It’s not out yet, but for a couple of hours a version of it was available on the PlayStation network and people were able to download it. While it didn’t have the new content there was a number of additions and improvements to the game that people have noticed, some big – some not.
Here’s a list of changes people spotted, compiled from this Reddit thread. Keep in mind, some of this might be considered spoilers.
- All zones that lacked transitions now have them
- You can skip all cutscenes
- Skipping cutscenes between acts makes you lose your shield oddly
- Menus got a total overhaul
- You can now change the options on Save Files. Meaning you can use Insta-Shield, Super Peel out and & Knuckles mode in save file.
- The time limit can be disabled through this option
- Multiplayer added a non-stretched mode
- There are new DLC options in the menu
- Metal Sonic boss fight got changed in multiple ways
- Phase 2 was changed to be reduced to 3 hits & for Silver Sonic to shoot bullets out to hit Metal when killed
- The run afterwards is shortened a shitload to reduce time
- Metal Sonic boss third phase got totally redone with a fight with Metal Sonic Kai from Knuckles Chaotix
- New graphics & sound effects were added as well
- Hydrocity Zone Act.2’s transition to the second phase of it’s boss got touched up on (there’s a tube graphic & you get pushed out of water now)
- Super Sonic got new animations including a brand new idle animation
- The ice blocks in Press Garden Act.2 got a graphical change
- The unused animations of characters looking back & forth in ice blocks got added
- Tails Chemical Plant Act.1 intro cutscene got added (it’s a new animation, not the known unused one)