Xenoblade Chronicles 2 update ver. 1.1.1 coming next week
Xenoblade Chronicles 2 has only been out a couple of weeks but the team at Monolith already have a patch for the game on the way. It contains a bunch of small updates, mostly to the mini-map. There are also some changes for those who have purchased the expansion pass. The patch will be released on December 22nd.
The ‘release notes’ below come in the form a blog post by game director Tetsuya Takahashi posted on Nintendo’s site.
- An easy mode will be added to Tiger! Tiger!
- When you press the X button, the Skip Travel screen will open the map to your current location. We hope this will make it easier to spot Skip Travel locations and Salvage Points on the map.
- An additional 1:1 zoom on the mini map will be displayed by pressing the L Stick. This will allow improved visibility of your surroundings and make it easier to check quest locations.
We will further improve the convenience of the mini map as we add more quests and additional elements for second playthroughs next year for all players (not just those who purchased the Expansion Pass!) We appreciate your continued patience.
- In your second playthrough, you will be able to have “those” Blades join your party! You can also dispatch Blades like Pyra and Dromarch as a Merc Group, and unlock the “LV 4 Special” of a certain Blade.
- We will distribute the following useful items to those who purchased the Expansion Pass:
- – Driver Essentials Set: 10 x Rare Core Crystal, 1 x Legendary Core Crystal, 3 x Overdrive Protocol
- – Upgrade Parts for Poppi: 30,000 ether
- – Pyra’s Favorite Things: 5 x Jenerossi Tea
- – Nia’s Favourite Things: 5 x Ardainian Bear Carving