Vookcast 187: Is Nintendo Isolating Harder than the Rest of Us?
On this week’s Vookcast, Angelo is joined by Ollie and Luke to discuss Paper Mario: The Origami King’s surprise announcement, new additions to the NES and SNES Switch apps, how many sales Animal Crossing: New Horizons has made so far, and Star Wars Episode I: Racer’s delay… on the day of release.
We also turn our attention towards Nintendo’s awkward silence over this isolation period, and whether the company’s made the most of appealing to so many people staying home. As usual, we also bring you our eShop sale recommendations for the week, along with what’s coming out in the next couple of weeks (hint: an underwater city, an interplanetary treasure hunt, as well as an alien invasion – all in the same day!).
Are you excited for a new Paper Mario? Were you looking forward to picking up Episode I: Racer? Has Nintendo kept you satisfied while being stuck at home for the last couple of months? Be part of the conversation and join the turnip bonanza over in the Vooks Discord!
Subscribe to us on your favourite listening platform. Also, please share and review – it really helps us out!
- Nintendo Switch Sales Jump to 55.77M, Animal Crossing Moves a Massive 13.41M Since Launch
- Star Wars Episode I: Racer was Due Out Today, Now it’s Been Delayed
- PGA Tour 2K21 is Driving onto Switch this August
- Paper Mario: The Origami King Coming to Switch on July 17th
- Four More Titles Coming to the NES & SNES Nintendo Switch Online Service on May 20
- Animal Crossing Amiibo Cards Now Available for Pre-Order in Japan – Here’s How to Import Them (Animal Crossing World)
- A New Official Animal Crossing: New Horizons Manga Series Begins Next Month (Animal Crossing World)
- Weekly Aussie eShop Downloads & Deals (Week 20) Fun to a Knife Fight
Follow us on Twitter:
This week’s music is from 1995’s Panel de Pon/Tetris Attack for the Super Nintendo