Tricky Towers is coming to Switch next month
Put on your wizard hat and get ready to stack some blocks — Tricky Towers is coming to Switch.
Dutch developers WeirdBeard announced that their spell-slinging, block-stacking, physics-based puzzle game Tricky Towers is coming to Switch on the 11th of October. Tricky Towers originally launched on PC and PS4 in August 2016, releasing to generally positive reviews on both platforms. In it, you and up to four friends are tasked with building the highest tower possible using tetronimo-like blocks, while trying not to topple the whole tower in the process. As the name suggests, it’s rather tricky.
The Switch version of the game, ported by BlitWorks, features over 50 single-player trials, local and online multiplayer with up to four players, and both free and paid DLC, all of which will be available at launch. It’ll set you back $22.50 in Australia, but it does have a preorder discount that brings the price down to $18.00, provided you buy before it launches. It’s available to preload now.
You can read the full PR below, or scroll past it to watch the launch trailer.
Grab your wizard’s robe and spell book, time to use your engineering skills and build some Tricky Towers!
Stack your bricks and use your spells to create the tallest stable tower, for what self-respecting wizard wouldn’t want to show off their skills by literally towering over their peers! But be wary of jealous rivals, who will try and push your tower down with nefarious dark spells to ensure their dominance. Block these spells to protect your tower… oh and be sure to return the favor with your own devious magics.
Match your tower wizardry against 3 others in local multiplayer, or challenge wizards around the world in an online battle of magics and engineering mayhem. Try your skills in various tricky wizard trails and set a high score on the leaderboards.
So be sure to bring your wizard’s safety hat and start stacking and tumbling!
- Conjure up your wizard’s tower; cleverly stack your summoned blocks and use over 17 different spells to build the trickiest tower!
- Undermine your rivals; use dark spells to hamper or even push over your competitors’ towers, but beware – they can use these spells on you as well!
- Match your wizardry online; play with up to 4 players locally or online in one of the 3 game modes available – survival, race and puzzle.
- Take up tricky wizard trials; these challenges require a sharp mind and shrewd magical engineering!
- Become the archwizard; climb up the leaderboard and see how you rank among your peers.
- Win the Wizardry cup: Participate in local and online tournaments and become the next Harry Potter!