The Escapists 2 tunnels its way onto Switch on January 11th
The Escapists 2 was announced for the Nintendo Switch all the way back in March — before the Switch had even launched — but no release date was given at the time. Since then, we’ve heard very little about the release, but today that changes.
Publisher Team17 has announced that Mouldy Toof’s follow up to the critically-acclaimed The Escapists will be launching on the Switch on the 11th of January in 2018. The Switch version of The Escapists 2 boasts split-screen 2 player single Joy-Con co-op, local and online multiplayer modes with up to four players in both co-operative and competitive modes, and all the features found on other platforms.
The Escapists 2 will be available to preload on the Switch on the 4th of January, and while Australian pricing has yet to be revealed, we do know that the game will be priced at £19.99, $19.99USD, or €19.99 in the UK, US and mainland Europe respectively. It’s a safe bet that the Aussie price will be around the same.
You can read the full description of the game below, or scroll past it to watch the announcement trailer.
The Escapists 2 allows you to bust out of anywhere, with anyone. Team up with another inmate for local two player split screen mode, taking either a Joy-Con™ or Pro Controller each to team up to break out, or work against one another to determine who’s the quickest convict to make an escape!
Risk it all to breakout from the toughest prisons in the world. Explore the biggest prisons yet, with multiple floors, roofs, vents and underground tunnels. You’ll have to live by the prison rules, attending roll call, doing prison jobs and following strict routines; all the while secretly engineering your bid for freedom! Your prison escape antics will take you from the frosty Fort Tundra, a train hurtling through the desert, and even to the final frontier!
The Escapists 2 features:
- 10 unique themed prisons to escape from
- Two player split-screen play, and up to four player co-op and versus online multiplayer
- Drop-in, drop-out online multiplayer experience. Carefully plan and execute an intricate escape from your initial incarceration with your fellow inmates either online or locally, or simply hop into an existing game that’s in progress to help pull off the final touches of the escape!
- Create your con with over 300 customisations to create your perfect prisoner
- A dedicated tutorial for new players to learn the basics of prison life