Switch topples over 17 million sold, Super Mario Odyssey sells 10 million
Nintendo has announced both its Q4 and financial year 2017 results today and things are looking good, it was a slow quarter, but it usually is. Regardless of that, profits were up around 500%.
The Nintendo Switch is now at a total of 17.79 million units sold, that’s up from 14.86 from the last reported period at the end of December 2017. Nintendo has not changed its forecast for the forthcoming year, which is 20 million units. The Nintendo 3DS sold 6.4m units last financial year and Nintendo says they’ll be working on selling ‘evergreen’ titles to keep that going.
All of Nintendo’s first-party software on the Switch has seen big jumps. Kirby Star Allies which has only been out a month also appears on the million sellers list with 1.26 million copies now sold. Digital sales are also up 87% year on year.
If you were wondering, Pokemon for Switch is still listed as 2018 or later.
- Nintendo Switch – 17.79m (up from 14.86m last qtr)
- Nintendo 3DS – 72.53m (up from 71.99m last qtr)
Switch Million Sellers
- Super Mario Odyssey – 10.41m (up from 9.07m last qtr)
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – 9.22m (up from 7.33m last qtr)
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild – 8.48m (up from 6.70m last qtr)
- Splatoon 2 – 6.02m (up from 4.91m last qtr)
- 1-2 Switch – 2.29m (up from 1.88m last qtr)
- ARMS – 1.85m (up from 1.61m last qtr)
- Xenoblade Chronicles 2 – 1.31m (up from 1.06m last qtr)
- Kirby Star Allies – 1.26m (new)
3DS Million Sellers
- Mario Kart 7 – 17.04m
- Pokemon X/Y – 16.29m
- Pokemon Sun/Moon – 16.10m
- Pokemon Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire – 14.06m
- New Super Mario Bros. 2 – 12.61m
- Super Mario 3D Land – 11.96m
- Animal Crossing: New Leaf – 11.69m
- Super Smash Bros. for 3DS – 9.24m
- Pokemon Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon – 7.51m
- Tomodachi Life – 6.20m