Switch sales now at 22.86 million, Breath of the Wild hits over 10 million on Switch
Nintendo has announced its 6 month financial results and it looks like things are remaining steady in the calm before the Holiday-season storm.
Nintendo has now sold through a huge 22.86 million Switch units, which means that the Switch has officially surpassed the lifetime sales numbers of the GameCube.
That’s up from 19.67 million from the last reported period, which was at the end of June 2018, an increase of over 3 million units this quarter.
Nintendo has not changed its forecast for the coming year, it still expects to sell 20 million Switch consoles in the fiscal year 2018-2019 period.
There are no new million sellers on this quarter’s report, but The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild has finally sold over 10 million copies, joining Super Mario Odyssey and Mario Kart 8 Deluxe in the exclusive 7-figures club. Splatoon 2 also had a pretty significant increase in sales, selling almost an extra million this quarter, bringing the total copies sold to 7.47 million.
There was no new information about Labo sales, nor any about Nintendo’s Mario Kart Tour mobile game, which is still scheduled to release during this fiscal year.
- Switch Hardware lifetime to date: 22.86 million
- 3DS Hardware lifetime to date: 73.53 million
Switch Million Sellers
- Super Mario Odyssey – 12.17m (up from 11.17m last qtr)
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – 11.71m (up from 10.35m last qtr)
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild – 10.28m (up from 9.32m last qtr)
- Splatoon 2 – 7.47m (up from 6.76m last qtr)
- 1-2 Switch – 2.64m (up from 2.45m last qtr)
- ARMS – 2.10m (up from 2.01m last qtr)
- Xenoblade Chronicles 2 – 1.53m (up from 1.42m last qtr)
- Kirby Star Allies – 2.10m (up from 1.89m last qtr)
- Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze – 1.67m (up from 1.4m last qtr)
- Mario Tennis Aces – 2.16m (up from 1.38m last qtr)
3DS Million Sellers
- Mario Kart 7 – 17.52m (up from 17.21m last qtr)
- Pokemon X/Y – 16.34m (up from 16.31m last qtr)
- Pokemon Sun/Moon – 16.13m (up from 16.12m last qtr)
- Pokemon Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire – 14.13m (up from 14.10m last qtr)
- New Super Mario Bros. 2 – 12.82m (up from 12.70m last qtr)
- Super Mario 3D Land – 12.22m (up from 12.12m last qtr)
- Animal Crossing: New Leaf – 11.94m (up from 11.78m last qtr)
- Super Smash Bros. for 3DS – 9.35m (up from 9.30m last qtr)
- Pokemon Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon – 7.96m (up from 7.72m last qtr)
- Tomodachi Life – 6.30m (up from 6.25m last qtr)