Switch sales at 41.67 million units and Link’s Awakening has a strong start
It’s that time of year again — a spooky Halloween edition of Nintendo quarterly financials!
Nintendo has now shipped a total of 41.67 million Switch units, including Switch Lite units. That’s up from 36.87 million in the last reported period — that’s a pretty big jump. The Switch Lite itself has shipped 1.95 million units, which is pretty impressive, given it was only available for 10 days in this reporting period.
3DS sales… well look, the 3DS is pretty much dead now, let’s be honest. We could tell you it’s doing poorly, or that it only sold 370,000 units this quarter, but deep in your heart, you knew it was over anyway. It’s shipped 75.45 million units to date, and that’s a number that’s not likely to budge very much in the future.
He’s dead, Jim.
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, of course, is still the best-selling Switch title, with 19.01 million units shipped to date, up from 17.89 million last time we checked in with Nintendo’s money-printing machines. And hey, The Legend of Zelda: Link’s Awakening shipped 3.13 million units in its first 10 days on sale, which is nothing short of incredible.
We’re still trawling through the financial documents for anything interesting, but you can see the full outline of units sold below.
– Switch Hardware lifetime to date: 41.67 million
– 3DS Hardware lifetime to date: 75.45 million
Switch Million Sellers
We’ve cleaned this section up a bit, omitting any games for which sales have slowed far enough for Nintendo to stop updating their numbers for it.
– Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – 19.01m (up from 17.89m last qtr)
– Pokemon Let’s Go Pikachu/Eevee – 11.28m (up from 10.98m last qtr)
– Splatoon 2 – 9.28m (up from 9.02m last qtr)
– Super Mario Odyssey – 15.38m (up from 14.94m last qtr)
– Super Mario Party – 7.59m (up from 6.99m last qtr)
– Super Smash Bros. Ultimate – 15.71m (up from 14.73m last qtr)
– The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild – 14.54m (up from 13.61m last qtr)
– New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe – 4.59m (up from 4.10m last qtr)
– Super Mario Maker 2 – 3.93m (up from 2.42 last qtr)
– The Legend of Zelda: Link’s Awakening – 3.13m
– Fire Emblem: Three Houses – 2.29m
3DS Million Sellers
– Mario Kart 7 – 18.47m (up from 18.38m last qtr)
– Pokemon X/Y – 16.42 (up from 16.40m last qtr)
– Pokemon Sun/Moon – 16.17m (up from 16.16m last qtr)
– Pokemon Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire – 14.23m (up from 14.21m last qtr)
– New Super Mario Bros. 2 – 13.27m (up from 13.21m last qtr)
– Super Mario 3D Land – 12.60m (up from 12.55m last qtr)
– Animal Crossing: New Leaf – 12.36m (up from 12.29m last qtr)
– Super Smash Bros. for 3DS – 9.54m (up from 9.52m last qtr)
– Pokemon Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon – 8.57m (up from 8.47m last qtr)
– Tomodachi Life – 6.48m (up from 6.45m last qtr)