Switch sales at 36.87 million units, Mario Maker 2 sells 2.42m
It’s the first Nintendo financial earnings release of the fiscal year, and you know what that means? Nintendo is doomed… just kidding. They had a pretty strong showing in their first quarter.
Nintendo has now shipped a total of 36.87 million Switch units. That’s up from 34.47 million in the last reported period, meaning that 2.2 million units were sold between the start of April and the end of June this year. That’s a 13.2% increase in sales on a year-on-year basis.
3DS sales continue to decline, selling only 200,000 units over the fiscal quarter. It represents a 44.9% year-on-year decrease in hardware units sold, in combination with a 49.7% year-on-year decrease in software sales. It’s safe to say the 3DS is well and truly on its way out.
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe remains the highest selling Switch game, with an insane 17.89 million units shipped to date, while Super Mario Maker 2 enters the million-seller list with 2.42 million units — an incredible feat for a game that was only on sale for three days within the quarter.
We’re still trawling through the financial documents for anything interesting, but you can see the full outline of units sold below.
– Switch Hardware lifetime to date: 36.87 million
– 3DS Hardware lifetime to date: 75.28 million
Switch Million Sellers
– 1-2 Switch – 3.01m (up from 2.97m last qtr)
– ARMS – Unknown
– Captain Toad Treasure Tracker – Unknown (1.18m last qtr)
– Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze – Unknown (2.25m last qtr)
– Kirby Star Allies – Unknown (2.56m last qtr)
– Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – 17.89m (up from 16.69m last qtr)
– Mario Tennis Aces – 2.75m (up from 2.64m last qtr)
– Nintendo Labo Variety Kit – Unknown (1.09m last qtr)
– Octopath Traveler – Unknown (1.17m last qtr)
– Pokemon Let’s Go Pikachu/Eevee – 10.98m (up from 10.63m last qtr)
– Splatoon 2 – 9.02m (up from 8.7m last qtr)
– Super Mario Odyssey – 14.94m (up from 14.44m last qtr)
– Super Mario Party – 6.99m (up from 6.40m last qtr)
– Super Smash Bros. Ultimate –14.73m (up from 13.81m last qtr)
– The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild – 13.61m (up from 12.77m last qtr)
– Xenoblade Chronicles 2 – Unknown
– New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe – 4.10m (up from 3.31m last qtr)
– Yoshi’s Crafted World – Unknown (1.11m last qtr)
– Super Mario Maker 2 – 2.42m
3DS Million Sellers
– Mario Kart 7 – 18.38m (up from 18.26m last qtr)
– Pokemon X/Y – 16.40 (up from 16.39m last qtr)
– Pokemon Sun/Moon – 16.16m (up from 16.15m last qtr)
– Pokemon Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire – 14.21m (up from 14.19m last qtr)
– New Super Mario Bros. 2 – 13.21m (up from 13.16m last qtr)
– Super Mario 3D Land – 12.55m (up from 12.50m last qtr)
– Animal Crossing: New Leaf – 12.29m (up from 12.21m last qtr)
– Super Smash Bros. for 3DS – 9.52m (up from 9.49m last qtr)
– Pokemon Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon – 8.47m (up from 8.37m last qtr)
– Tomodachi Life – 6.48m (up from 6.45m last qtr)