The Switch has officially outsold the Wii U
It’s that time of the year again when Nintendo releases its quarterly financial reports, and boy is it a big one this time.
In the reports, Nintendo detailed that the life-to-date hardware sales of the Nintendo Switch are at 14.86 million units. That means, yes, it’s officially outsold the Wii U, which settled on 13.56 million units when its life was cut short. Switch software sales are currently sitting at 52.5 million units, roughly double that of the life-to-date software sales data presented last quarterly report, and about halfway to the Wii U’s lifetime software sales.
Top selling software titles for the Switch are as follows:
- Super Mario Odyssey – 9.07 million units
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – 7.33 million units
- Splatoon 2 – 4.91 million units
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild – 6.70 million units
- ARMS – 1.61 million units
- Xenoblade Chronicles 2 – 1.06 million units
We’re still scouring through the financial report, but we’ll be sure to let you know of anything else we find.