RiME gets massive patch on Switch, graphical improvements, fixes and more
Grey Box promised it was working on it, and now it’s here. RiME has received a massive update on the Nintendo Switch.
This patch focuses on boosting the game’s resolution, visual fidelity, and performance – especially in handheld mode. Something we pointed out in our review last year.
A full changelog is below;
RiME Switch 1.0.2 Patch Notes
- Increased visual fidelity, bloom and post-processing
- Sharpened image resolution
- Opening Cinematics visually improved
- Fixed possible stage exploits that would enable players to skip parts of the stages
- Increased texture quality in specific areas
- Increased view distance
- Fixed an issue with foliage density, shadows, and render distances
- Updated texture mipmaps for the Fox
- Improved global mipmaps
- Improved shadow distance and quality
- Fixed instances of foliage pops
- Stabilized FPS
- Optimized the Boys cape and hair physics
- Rebuilt streaming volumes
- Fixed an issue that allowed you to see outside of the map in later stages.
- Updated lighting to prevent bleed through
- Updated the quality of trees in earlier stages where they would display poorly.