Nintendo’s FY 18/19 results are in, Switch surpasses the N64 in sales
‘Tis the financial reporting season, and Nintendo has today posted its fiscal results for the 2018/2019 financial year — and it’s looking pretty good.
The big numbers first, Nintendo has now shipped a massive 34.47 million Switch units. Nintendo revised its outlook on Switch sales down from 20 million to 17 million in January, and they were pretty close to the money, shipping a total of 16.5 million units during the fiscal year, up from 15.05 million units last fiscal year. The last reported figure from Nintendo was 32.27 million Switch units sold.
The Nintendo Switch has now officially overtaken the Nintendo 64 in total sales, and is expected to surpass the PlayStation 4 in Japan sometime in the next two weeks.
New titles to top the million-seller list now includes Yoshi’s Crafted World, which has shipped 1.11 million units in the three days it was on sale during the reporting period, and New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe, which has shipped 3.31 million units to date. The highest-selling Switch game to date remains Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, coming in at a staggering 16.69 million units shipped, up from 15.02 million last quarter.
3DS sales are slowing to a halt, with 2.55 million units selling in the past year, a 62.9% year-on-year decrease.
Both Mario Kart Tour and Dr. Mario World got a passing mention too, with both still expected to release sometime this year.
Nintendo will hold its usual press and investor briefing tomorrow, followed by the usual Q&A, so stick by for anything interesting from that.
– Switch Hardware lifetime to date: 34.47 million
– 3DS Hardware lifetime to date: 75.08 million
Switch Million Sellers
– 1-2 Switch – 2.97m (2.86m last qtr)
– ARMS – Unknown
– Captain Toad Treasure Tracker – 1.18m (up from 1.05m last qtr)
– Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze – 2.25m (up from 2.08m last qtr)
– Kirby Star Allies – 2.56m (up from 2.42m last qtr)
– Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – 16.69m (up from 15.02m last qtr)
– Mario Tennis Aces – 2.64m (up from 2.53m last qtr)
– Nintendo Labo Variety Kit – 1.09m (up from 1.06m last qtr)
– Octopath Traveler – 1.17m (up from 1.06m last qtr)
– Pokemon Let’s Go Pikachu/Eevee – 10.63m (up from 10m last qtr)
– Splatoon 2 – 8.7m (up from 8.27m last qtr)
– Super Mario Odyssey – 14.44m (up from 13.76m last qtr)
– Super Mario Party – 6.40m (up from 5.30m last qtr)
– Super Smash Bros. Ultimate – 13.81m (up from 12.08m last qtr)
– The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild – 12.77m (up from 11.68m last qtr)
– Xenoblade Chronicles 2 – Unknown
– New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe – 3.31m
– Yoshi’s Crafted World – 1.11m
3DS Million Sellers
– Mario Kart 7 – 18.26m (up from 18.11m last qtr)
– Pokemon X/Y – 16.39m (up from 16.37m last qtr)
– Pokemon Sun/Moon – 16.15m (up from 16.14m last qtr)
– Pokemon Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire – 14.19m (up from 14.17m last qtr)
– New Super Mario Bros. 2 – 13.16m (up from 13.08m last qtr)
– Super Mario 3D Land – 12.50m (up from 12.41m last qtr)
– Animal Crossing: New Leaf – 12.21m (up from 12.10m last qtr)
– Super Smash Bros. for 3DS – 9.49m (up from 9.45m last qtr)
– Pokemon Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon – 8.37m (up from 8.28m last qtr)
– Tomodachi Life – 6.45m (up from 6.40m last qtr)