Nintendo details Super Smash Bros. Invitational event
Nintendo of America has released more details about the upcoming Super Smash Bros. Invitational to be held during E3 week in Los Angeles. Luckily for us though Nintendo are planning to stream the entire thing as well.
Sixteen of the worlds best Super Smash Bros. players will be welcomes to the Nokia Theatre L.A. Live in Los Angeles to not only see the tournament but also indulge in a celebration of all things Super Smash Bros.
The event will be entirely streamed on both Twitch’s E3 channel and Nintendo’s Twitch channel so the whole world can watch. If you’re in Los Angeles that week you can head on down to watch it live. Nintendo is suggesting that you dress up as you favourite Super Smash Bros. character, if you do and you’re selected you might even get sit up the front. If you are in LA that week or live in America we’ve included the details below.
Here’s the times you’ll want to be up to watch the stream. It’s not the best time for Aussies.
- Los Angeles (U.S.A. – California) Tuesday, 10 June 2014 at 9:30:00 AM PDT UTC-7 hours
- Perth (Australia – Western Australia) Wednesday, 11 June 2014 at 12:30:00 AM AWST UTC+8 hours
- Melbourne (Australia – Victoria) Wednesday, 11 June 2014 at 2:30:00 AM AEST UTC+10 hours
- Adelaide (Australia – South Australia) Wednesday, 11 June 2014 at 2:00:00 AM ACST UTC+9:30 hours
- Darwin (Australia – Northern Territory) Wednesday, 11 June 2014 at 2:00:00 AM ACST UTC+9:30 hours
- Auckland (New Zealand) Wednesday, 11 June 2014 at 4:30:00 AM NZST UTC+12 hours
- Tokyo (Japan) Wednesday, 11 June 2014 at 1:30:00 AM JST UTC+9 hours
- London (United Kingdom – England) Tuesday, 10 June 2014 at 5:30:00 PM BST UTC+1 hour
- Berlin (Germany – Berlin) Tuesday, 10 June 2014 at 6:30:00 PM CEST UTC+2 hours
- Corresponding UTC (GMT) Tuesday, 10 June 2014 at 16:30:00
[quote]REDMOND, Wash.–(BUSINESS WIRE)– Nintendo invites fans in the Los Angeles area to attend and observe the first-ever public tournament of its new Super Smash Bros. for Wii U.
On Tuesday, June 10, Nintendo will welcome 16 previously selected highly skilled Super Smash Bros. players to NOKIA Theatre L.A. LIVE in Los Angeles to celebrate Super Smash Bros. fan culture and find out who will emerge victorious on the big stage. The Super Smash Bros. Invitational will entertain thousands of spectators in person, and will also be live-streamed on both Twitch’s E3 channel and Nintendo’s Twitch channel to let countless others around the world be among the first to see the new game in action.
As a special treat for the biggest fans, attendees who dress up as their favorite Super Smash Bros. characters may be selected for priority seating right in front of the stage on which the tournament will occur. The event will be photographed and filmed, so the best costumes might appear on Twitch or Nintendo’s YouTube channel, where the event can also be viewed.
Here are the details for Tuesday, June 10: 9:30 a.m.: Wristband distribution begins at NOKIA Plaza at L.A. LIVE, 777 Chick Hearn Court in Los Angeles.
A wristband is required for entry, and 3,000 wristbands are available to Nintendo fans on a first-come, first-served basis, while supplies last. Fans are requested to not line up prior to Tuesday morning. Once a wristband is obtained, fans can leave the plaza area and then return later that day, closer to the start of the event. The order that wristbands are obtained in the morning does not impact the order of entry into the venue in the afternoon. 2:30 p.m.: Doors open 4 p.m.:
Super Smash Bros. Invitational begins Super Smash Bros. for Wii U is scheduled to launch during the winter of 2014, while the Nintendo 3DS version is targeted for this summer.
For more information about the Super Smash Bros. Invitational, visit http://e3.nintendo.com/#2014/tournament.