Nindies@Home eShop promotion lands in Australia and New Zealand tomorrow
True to their word Nintendo Australia has come through with a Nindies@Home promotion of their own. We have the same selection that other regions got and our promotion will run over three weeks.
Each week until August 20th there will be three games made available on the eShop to try, if you download and try it you’ll be able to get 15% off the final price when the game is released.
Here’s the schedule straight from Nintendo;
31st July – 6th August
- forma.8 from Mixed Bag: In a distant future, the small exploration probe forma.8 is stranded alone on the surface of an alien planet. Players must explore a huge open world to help the probe acquire 10 different power-ups and recover a powerful energy source deep under the surface. The game includes an area exclusive to the Wii U version.
- Runbow from 13AM Games: Up to nine players can join in the colourful chaos in this Nintendo eShop exclusive. The world transforms before players’ eyes with each swipe of colour, so think fast to stay alive. Go head to head in Run, Arena and King of the Hill, or play as the ColorMaster and manipulate the environment on the Wii U GamePad controller. Players can take on challenges alone or with friends in Runbow’s Adventure Mode. The full game also features guest characters from other Nintendo eShop titles.
- Extreme Exorcism from Ripstone: In this paranormal Wii U platformer, every move players make comes back to haunt them. After each round players survive, a ghost will appear to mimic their every move from the round before. The longer a player survives, the more extreme the game becomes. The game offers 20 ghostbusting weapons, 50 challenges and co-op or deathmatch battles for up to four friends.
7th August – 13th August
- Lovely Planet from tinybuild and QUICKTEQUILA: This first-person shooter gun ballet for Wii U is set in a cutesy abstract world. Players jump and shoot their way through five worlds full of treacherous enemies with your trusty semi-automatic. The game offers a hundred levels to master and five worlds to discover, with multiple secrets hidden deep within each world.
- RIVE from Two Tribes: This metal wrecking, robot hacking Wii U shooter combines old-school gaming values in a new-school execution. With intense 360-degree shooting and platforming action, players learn to alter the behaviour of their robotic enemies by collecting and uploading hacks.
- Typoman from Headup Games: Change Words, Change Worlds! Typoman is a two-dimensional puzzle platformer distinguished by a unique game world. Be the HERO and set out on the journey to become whole and gain the powers you need to defeat the giant, evil demon that rules the world you are trapped in.
14th August – 20th August
- Freedom Planet from GalaxyTrail Games: Players fight their way across the celestial world of Avalice, where cats are green, motorcycles drive up walls and monster girls do most of the butt kicking. This cartoony, combat-based platform Wii U adventure pits a spunky dragonoid and her friends against an alien attack force.
- Mutant Mudds Super Challenge from Renegade Kid: This platformer picks up right where the original Mutant Mudds left off. The game, which is exclusive to Nintendo eShop on both Wii U and Nintendo 3DS, includes 40 new dimension-bending levels and epic boss fights designed for super players.
- Soul Axiom from Wales Interactive: More than 40 unique locations await in this first-person sci-fi Wii U adventure. The game is a psychological thriller with exploration and puzzle elements. Players interact with cryptic logic puzzles, make psychological decisions and explore memories to unlock the secrets of their identity.
No excuse not to try some of these great indie games then!