Niantic announce a special Pokémon GO Community Day events
Niantic has announced a series of monthly Pokémon Go event dubbed “Community Day”. One day each month Niantic will have a special Pokémon available and a bunch of different modifiers for the game encouraging people to go out and catch up with other players.
The first event will have a Pikachu with Surf and they’ll be double XP during the hours as well. It’s only a few hours each month, not the entire day.
What is Pokémon GO Community Day?
Pokémon GO Community Day is an opportunity for Trainers around the world to meet up at their local parks to make new friends and experience what it means to be a part of this special community.
Once a month, we’ll host a Pokémon GO Community Day event starring a special Pokémon, which will appear frequently around the world for just a few hours. When caught during the event, this special Pokémon will know an exclusive move. Other bonuses will be in effect during the event, such as increased XP or Stardust, and Lure Modules activated during the event will last for three hours.
The times for the first community day for Australia are as follows, the event lasts three hours.
- Perth, Saturday, 20 Jan 2018 at 11:00 am AWST
- Adelaide, Saturday, 20 Jan 2018 at 1:30 pm ACDT
- Darwin, Saturday, 20 Jan 2018 at 12:30 pm ACST
- Brisbane, Saturday, 20 Jan 2018 at 1:00 pm AEST
- Sydney, Saturday, 20 Jan 2018 at 2:00 pm AEDT
- Melbourne, Saturday, 20 Jan 2018 at 2:00 pm AEDT
- Hobart, Saturday, 20 Jan 2018 at 2:00 pm AEDT