Mario Tennis Aces scores a point with a new update
Nintendo has released a new update for Mario Tennis Aces that adds a host of fixes to the game, but also introduces Pauline as a playable character.
In order to get Pauline, you need to play at least one match in the March Online Tournament. Pauline is fast, and can accelerate faster than other characters. However, changing direction while accelerating is difficult, and she’s more easily pushed back by returned balls.
But don’t worry if you miss out, she will be available to everyone in April as well.
On top of that, the 3rd co-op challenge has also been added to the game, Shy Guy Train Tussle!
Shy Guy Train Tussle is played in Swing Mode. You’ll work with other players to get back coins stolen by Shy Guy bandits.
A four-player team of friends or players from online is formed, and your goal is to complete the objective together. If each player has a controller, up to four players can play on one Switch console, perfect for those who want to play with the family.
You can acquire three Shy Guys of different colors (blue, green, and yellow) by completing objectives.
Also, if you play a few games in the March Online Tournament, then you can also unlock a special item for your Chain Chomp, a hat. Well, actually it is not a hat for the Chain Chomp, but a new version of the character, complete with hat, though he has no abilities different to the regular model.
More changes have been added as well, including some refinements to existing characters, such as the ones below
|Birdo||Slightly increased the speed of her volley shot.|
|Boom Boom||Slightly decreased the speed of his volley shot.Greatly decreased his ability to aim for the edges of the sideline.Slowed down overall abilities related to movement.Slowed down the distance he can return a ball using a longitudinal Trick Shot.|
|Luma||Made it a little easier to slip when moving.Slightly decreased the top movement speed.|
As well as other smaller changes, like these
- Online Tournament: Fixed problem on screen where you pair up in Doubles Class in which there’s a low probability of P1 and the host being displayed and then the software shuts down.
- Snowfall Mountain: Adjusted behavior of playable character getting greatly pushed back when swinging racket and contacting passengers who appear when there are hazards.
- Inferno Island: Made it so that shots during a rally will not hit a duct when the settings for hazards is turned on.
- Co-op Challenge: Adjusted motion when using Chain Chomp during a Co-op Challenge using Swing Mode.
- Fixed an issue with the animation wherein hitting a drop shot would become the same motion as when hitting a topspin.
- Other adjustments have been made to improve gameplay.