Mario Kart 8 Deluxe update adds video capture support
Earlier today, the Switch firmware was updated to 4.0.0, a huge update that added video capture support for selected games. Amongst those games was Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, but you’ll have to install another update first.
Version 1.3.0 of Mario Kart 8 Deluxe adds, of course, video capture support, as well as a few bug fixes. You can read the full change log below:
- Video capture compatibility added. Hold the Capture Button to capture up to 30 seconds of the previous footage.
- The system must be updated to Ver 4.0.0 or higher to use this feature.
- Now more difficult to float down using the glider when Smart Steering is ON.
- Blue Shells no longer hit the second place player when the first place player hasn’t yet crossed the finish line.
- Extended the invulnerability period after spinning out or crashing.
- Changes made to Online Play prior to Ver.1.2.1 now apply to Wireless Play and LAN Play as well:
- When further back in a race, will receive better items to help catch up to other players.
- No more than one Piranha Plant will appear at a time.
- Updating to Ver 1.3.0 will prevent users from Wireless Play or LAN Play with users on Ver.1.2.1 or lower.