Legend of Kay Anniversary headed to the Switch
The game that never dies is making its way to Switch. That’s right, it’s Legend of Kay.
THQ Nordic announced last night that Legend of Kay Anniversary is coming to the Nintendo Switch. First released in 2005 on the PS2, Legend of Kay has been ported to more platforms than you can poke a stick at, including the Nintendo DS, PC, Mac, Playstation 4 and even the Wii U. The Anniversary edition features a tonne of improvements over the original game, including HD textures, fully reworked sound, and just more detail and polish overall.
THQ Nordic have been strong supporters of the Switch thus far, with titles like This is the Police and Sine Mora EX already on the console; a small collection of games such as Battle Chasers: Nightwar, This is the Police 2, Pillars of Eternity II, and now Legend of Kay Anniversary all announced to be coming soon. It’s always nice to see such robust support from a developer, and we look forward to what THQ Nordic has to bring to the Switch in the future.
We’ll be sure to keep you updated when we have more info, but in the meantime, you can view the description and trailer for Legend of Kay Anniversary below.
“Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power.” – Lao Tzu
Legend of Kay – Anniversary is a thoroughly remastered version of the original game: high-resolution textures; new, more detailed character models; modern rendering techniques and crystal-clear surround sound give this great classic a new shine.
- Experience the unique blend of Martial Arts-combat, action adventure, Jump ‘n’ Run and puzzle solving
- Meet, befriend or fight loads of quirky animal characters like Gorillas, Rats, Foxes, Hares, Pandas and Frogs
- Learn to master various weapons and special skills to defeat hordes of well-armed enemies
- Confront huge bosses to test your Martial Arts skills
- Discover and secure the treasures of the demons’ underworld
- Explore a world inspired by the threats and beauties of ancient China, by foot, well, paw, or on the back of a wild boar, a wolf or even a dragon
- High-resolution textures; new, more detailed character models; modern rendering techniques and crystal-clear surround sound
- 25 different levels with over 15 enemy types and epic boss battles
- 3 different primary weapons (sword/hammer/claws) with distinct combat styles
- Various mini-games such as wild boar racing, dragon flying and wolf riding