Holiday event in Pokémon Go announced, new Pokemon coming
Niantic has announced the next big event for Pokémon Go, it’s, of course, winter slash ‘holiday’ themed. It’s a multi-week event kicking off next week and running all the way into January. There will also be new Pokémon added to the game, new evolutions of existing Pokémon and additions like Croagunk, and Chingling. Delibird will also appear and there will be a chance it can be shiny as well.
Here’s a roundup of when, and what is happening – in Australian times – over a coming couple of weeks.
- December 19th – December 23rd – Double candy for catching and transferring Pokémon
- December 23rd – December 27th – Double catch stardust
- December 27th – December 31th – Double catch XP
- December 31st – to January 3rd – Half distance incubators
At 8 am AEDT on the days above the rewards will change/end.
- Delibird is returning and is now a chance for a shiny encounter (Delibird clothes in the shop as well)
- Pikachu with a festive hat returns, so you have more Pikachu in your box you don’t want to delete but really probably could
- Increased spawns of Ice-type Pokemon include Jynx, Sneasel, Swinub, Snorunt, Spheal and newbie Snover.
- Smoochum, Azurill, and Munchlax will appear in 7 km eggs
- One free single-use incubator per-day until January 2nd. (from Pokestops)