Fortnite gets Avengers Endgame themed event
To coincide with the release of Avengers: Endgame, Fortnite once again has a cross-over event and this time it’s even more involved.
The latest update to the game contains a new mode called Endgame. You’ll play against Thanos and his army of Chitauri. Iron Man’s Repulsors, Thor’s Stormbreaker and Captain America’s Shield will also be in the game and found in the games on the map.
The mode is only running for a limited time, get to it before it turns to dust.
LIMITED TIME MODE: ENDGAME
Thanos and his Chitauri invade the Battle Royale island, in search of the six Infinity Stones.
– Endgame features a team of heroes fighting to stop Thanos and his Chitauri from claiming all six Infinity Stones.
– Both teams respawn when eliminated until the other side completes their objective.
– On one side is the Hero team. Heroes respawn when eliminated until the enemy team has found all six Infinity Stones.
– Heroes start with a treasure map that leads directly to a Mythic Avengers item.
– Other Avengers items can be found in Chests throughout the map.
– The goal for the Hero team is to destroy the Chitauri army and defeat Thanos.
– Team Thanos is comprised of Chitauri Invaders and Thanos himself.
– Chitauri Invaders start with a powerful laser rifle, an anti-structure grenade attack, and a jetpack that lets them briefly leap high into the air.
– The first Chitauri to recover an Infinity stone will be transformed into Thanos.
– Thanos has a powerful punch, a destructive beam attack, and the ability to jump high into the air and then smash anything in his way when he comes back down.
– Each time an Infinity Stone is claimed, Thanos’ abilities grow more powerful and the Chitauri gain health.
– Reality Stone (Red) = Heath & Shields doubled (1000->2000)
– Soul Stone (Orange) = Siphon activated (grants Thanos shields only)
– Mind Stone (Yellow) = Jump height doubled
– Space Stone (Blue) = Ground Pound AOE size tripled, damage x6
– Time Stone (Green) = Big knockback added to each hit, damage x3
– Power Stone (Purple) = Laser damage x6
– If Thanos is eliminated from the match, another Chitauri will become him after a short wait (unless Thanos is the last one standing).
– If Thanos & the Chitauri find all six Infinity Stones, Heroes will no longer be able to respawn.
– The goal for Thanos and his army is to find the stones and then eliminate the remaining heroes.