E3 2018: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate features every fighter in Smash history
Super Smash Bros Ultimate is the Super Smash Bros game coming to the Switch. It’s out December 7th and it’s called Ultimate for a reason.
Ultimate features every single fighter from the history of Super Smash Bros. Snake is back (and voiced by David Hayter), Ice Climbers are back, everyone from the N64 to the Wii U are here. All of the characters have received a facelift as well, Mario has Cappy and his Wedding outfit, Link and Zelda both have their look from Breath of the Wild and there is also now the female Pikachu – Masahiro Sakurai went through a LOT of character updates in the 25-minute video.
Not only is everyone back but a ton of stages from previous games are returning and have been updated with new graphics. GameCube Controller support is back, and there is a new re-issue of the controllers with a slightly different design. Every single amiibo will also work in the game.
Not content with every character ever, Masahiro Sakurai also introduced Ridley from Metroid – apparently, he’s not too big.
We’ll have more on Super Smash Bros. Ultimate when we get hands-on with it later this week.
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate will be out December 7th.
Legendary game worlds and fighters collide in the ultimate showdown—a new entry in the Super Smash Bros. series for the Nintendo Switch system! New fighters, like Inkling from the Splatoon series and Ridley from the Metroid series, make their Super Smash Bros. series debut alongside every Super Smash Bros. fighter in the series…EVER! Faster combat, new items, new attacks, new defensive options, and more will keep the battle raging whether you’re at home or on the go.
- A new game in the Super Smash Bros. series releases in Dec. 7, 2018
- New fighters, new stages, AND every fighter ever featured in the series…EVER!
- Inkling from the Splatoon series join the roster
- Ridley from the Metroid series also joins the fight
- Returning fighters include Wolf, Ice Climbers, Pokémon Trainer and more
- Elevate the Super Smash Bros. experience to new heights with faster combat, new attacks, new items, and new defensive options
- Hold a 4-player free-for-all, or kick it up to 8-player battles*
- All current Super Smash Bros. series amiibo™ figures are supported