E3 2012: Tanks! Tanks! Tanks! has Tanks, lots of Tanks
One of the odder titles revealed at Nintendo’s E3 press conference has to be this one from Namco Bandai. Tanks! Tanks! Tanks! is… well you know what it is, it says so in the title, but I’ll humour you anyway.
Tanks! Tanks! Tanks! is a multiplayer focused battle party game that just happens to feature tanks blowing the crap out of each other. The game supports up to 4 players local with both co-op and versus modes. It’s not all multiplayer though as there is a story mission mode if you prefer to play along. We’re sure we’ll see this in more Wii U games but you can also stick your face above your tank so you know who you’re destroying with your gigantic cannon.
- Co-Op and Versus Modes – Play with or against your family and friends in cooperative or competitive modes.
- Over the Top Multiplayer – Battle giant monsters, shoot powerful weapons and destroy buildings with up to 4 players.
- Kong Mode – Put your picture on the face of Kong and become the enemy. Use the new controller to control Kong and battle your friends!
- Story Mission Mode – Not in a mood to play with others? Fight against giant enemies exclusive for story mission mode and level up your tanks! You can also unlock new tanks by clearing specific missions.
- Say Cheese! – Take a picture with the Wii U camera and dress up your avatar with helmets, masks, and more!