de Blob is coming to the Switch later this year
THQ Nordic has just announced that de Blob is headed to the Nintendo Switch later this year. The remastered game is being developed by BlitWorks, they also handled the game on the Xbox One and PlayStation 4 last year.
Originally developed here in Australia by Blue Tongue Entertainment and released on the Wii almost a decade ago. The game got a sequel in 2011 which was released on every other console at the time, THQ soon closed and the franchise wasn’t seen again until the HD remasters last year.
The evil I.N.K.T. Corporation has declared ‘Color is a Crime!’ and leeched Chroma City of all its beauty and interest. The race to rescue Chroma City has just begun, and only de Blob can save the world from a black-and-white future with his unique abilities to color the world back to life.
- de Blob: Flip, bounce and smash your way past the all-powerful I.N.K.T. Corporation to launch a revolution and save Chroma City from a future without color
- Long Live Color! Join the Color Revolutionaries in the resistance against Comrade Black and his diabolical array of hot plates, electric shocks, and ink turrets
- Free The Citizens: Free your friends from a black and white world by painting the city back to life as you dodge ink cannons, flatten I.N.K.T. tanks and outsmart Inky soldiers
- Multiplayer: Compete to control Chroma City in 4-player split screen in eight different multiplayer modes
- Save your City: Paint Chroma City’s towering skyscrapers, expansive bridges and massive landmarks in your own style using custom colors, patterns and soundtracks