• Please log in to reply
2242 replies to this topic

Cat-Gonk

Cat-Gonk

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 966 posts

Erm.. no.

Internode is an ISP, so you pay for that. But all the game servers/forums/file servers are completely free to the public.

Ah okay, I'd heard some rumour about Internoob's game servers being made only available for paying members..must not have gone ahead or something.
unstoppable

Cat-Gonk

Cat-Gonk

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 966 posts
installing now, time to frag :D
unstoppable

PlasmaDavid

PlasmaDavid

Send in more planes!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,464 posts
I'd defrag first. I defrag my PC at least weekly now to keep everything running tip top, seeing as TF2 ran craply when I installed it first. Then system format to get it working well.

"You're like the James of road construction sites." - NinjaCatfish
"I can't pick which game to like less!" - NinjaCatfish
"It's like the pokemon rap for nerds." - NinjaCatfish

"Cease and remove all published material that you are attributing to my name or further legal action will be taken." - NinjaCatfish

"I never even said that last one!" - Ninja"StupidHead"Catfish

Ninja Catfish

Ninja Catfish

Lifetime Moderator

• Mod Squad
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,433 posts
  • Nintendo Network ID (NNID):Catfiish
  • PSN Name:NinjaCatfish
  • Xbox Gamertag:NinjaxCatfish
  • Steam ID:ninjacatfish
That's one thing I've found out about which is making Vista look nicer. Automatic background defragging (or something like that). I imagine it does it after a period of inactivity or something, but it stops your PC slowing down like an XP.
Podcaster & Contributor
icQSE5fgJ0ck8.jpg
2012_Discussion_NinjaCatfish.gif
2012_MostHelpful_NinjaCatfish.gif
2012_MostPolite_NinjaCatfish.gif
[ Twitter | Last.fm ]

Obscurus

Obscurus

Devourer of All Living Things

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,023 posts
I love this game. I LOVE this game.

Im better as either sniper/ scout, but I've hardly gotten started playing.

Even met Cat-Gonk in game, he was a Spy and I was trying out demoman for the round, and the bastard Dominated me. Never got him back. >_>
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image And 2007
Posted Image

Ninja Catfish

Ninja Catfish

Lifetime Moderator

• Mod Squad
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,433 posts
I'll meet you in game tomorrow night?

Plasma's capped though which fails.
Podcaster & Contributor
icQSE5fgJ0ck8.jpg
[ Twitter | Last.fm ]

PlasmaDavid

PlasmaDavid

Send in more planes!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,464 posts
WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY? *kills self in cap related angst*

"Cease and remove all published material that you are attributing to my name or further legal action will be taken." - NinjaCatfish

Cat-Gonk

Cat-Gonk

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 966 posts
Thanks for the invite Ninja! That's funny, I got capped last night as well..one of my idiot housemates maxed out the connection.

Obscurus: I was actually in a few other maps with you but you mustn't have been reading your chat channel until I stuck the knife in a few times to get your attention :D

The Spy is so amazing when everyone's distracted! Though he takes friendly fire damage, in the heat of a massive firefight no-one's going to know if it was them or the "enemy" hitting you. There was this great moment where I got behind enemy lines and knifed a medic, then knifed the engineer waiting in line infront of him, then almost knifed someone else before a heavy got me.

You use the cloak to get into position to take advantage of your disguise..people can see you pretty easily if you cloak infront of them. My trick was to stealth to an alcove, uncloak, and then face the enemy pretending I was firing my weapon. It's a lot harder to do in TF2 since you lose your disguise if you actually pull the trigger, whereas in ET you could fire silenced rounds and maintain a disguise. The trick is to act like you're one of them. Once I even ushered an enemy Demoman (possibly Obscurus) onto a medkit, but his HP went down to zero instead of up to full for some reason..

Also, I managed to infiltrate again and got healed (!) by an enemy medic. Since he was always going to be standing behind me I weighed up my options..and knifed the bastard sniper standing next to a sentry gun and a heavy. I didn't live long. It was worth it.

Favourite classes so far are Demoman, Pyro and Spy, but they're all really good. The classes I've played the least are the Engineer (zz boring), Scout (I play him to cap points, but that's about it) and Sniper (I'm not very good at the Sniper as I'm not used to huge reload time + non OHKO rounds, but him having a SMG really helps), but they're all great fun really.

HOLY HELL THIS GAME IS AWESOME
unstoppable

Obscurus

Obscurus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,023 posts

I'll meet you in game tomorrow night?

Plasma's capped though which fails.

Cant, I have my graduation party to attend. :) But soon, for sure.

Im REALLY loving the sniper. I was playing some map where I was getting raped (Capture Points... something), so I went sniper, and just picked every single person in the area off. Something like three heavys and two medics, some scouts... it was glorious. Got my first domination doing it. :)

Its so much fun playing spy, but Im soo awful at it. Somehow EVERYONE knows its me, and so I die. >_>

Scout is freeking awesome. Run up, BAM, fck off. :D

And Im getting the hang of Demoman, but I hate playing him, due to being defenceless with 1on1 combat. And if you see a spy, you cant touch him at a distance.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image And 2007
Posted Image

Cat-Gonk

Cat-Gonk

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 966 posts

And Im getting the hang of Demoman, but I hate playing him, due to being defenceless with 1on1 combat. And if you see a spy, you cant touch him at a distance.

The Demoman's good 1v1 if you treat your grenade launcher as a four-round shotgun.

Two grenades should be enough to kill anything, and they fire really fast, but once you run out of ammo you have to go shoot-reload-shoot-reload which will normally result in you dying. There's always the sticky bomb launcher but that's almost as slow, though it's a lot easier to use in a melee.

I'll be playing this late tonight if my internet connection gets fixed, which hopefully it will be.
unstoppable

borgster101

borgster101

Rebel, Emissary, Chosen

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,769 posts
I need to get back into this game, but exams at the moment, so no time to play much games, but I'll be back :D
Posted Image
Posted Image

PlasmaDavid

PlasmaDavid

Send in more planes!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,464 posts
I'm capped, and still a little bit off it since overplaying it. But I'll be back being a badass soldier soon enough :D

I heard VOOK got it, even though he slander'd me for playing TF2, CSS and HL2 :P

Edited by PlasmaDavid, 27 October 2007 - 01:41 AM.

Obscurus

Obscurus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,023 posts

The Demoman's good 1v1 if you treat your grenade launcher as a four-round shotgun.

Great tip. Works awesomely, I didnt know they exploaded on impact of others.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image And 2007
Posted Image

Cat-Gonk

Cat-Gonk

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 966 posts
Played a bit of 3v3 / 3v4 at a LAN at my place this weekend:

- Don't play 2Fort in small games, the scout can't be caught and there's less chance of him being intercepted on the way back
- The Heavy is worthless without a Medic behind him, and even then you have to watch for spies and snipers more so than any other class.
- Can you get rid of Demoman sticky bombs at all?
- The Medic's bonesaw is really strong!
unstoppable

PlasmaDavid

PlasmaDavid

Send in more planes!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,464 posts
Pfft, games are WORTHLESS with less than 10 people....

Fire explosives at enemy sticky mines to move em.

Obscurus

Obscurus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,023 posts
I dont like the 2fort map anyway.

When more maps coming for this? ( I know there making more, but when they coming out? Dates? )
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image And 2007
Posted Image

PlasmaDavid

PlasmaDavid

Send in more planes!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,464 posts
2fort is pretty good IMO. A nice mix of things.

Just wait till I'm uncapped, THEN the good times will roll once more!

Cubeoid

Cubeoid

Child of Bodom

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,581 posts

Played a bit of 3v3 / 3v4 at a LAN at my place this weekend:

- Don't play 2Fort in small games, the scout can't be caught and there's less chance of him being intercepted on the way back

Yeah the scouts can get in and out damn quick at the very start of that map for an easy score if the other team isn't awake.

I bought The Orange Box for the 360 and I've been playing TF2 a fair bit. I certainly found that a number of games do lag but I manged to get into some 5v5 and 6v6 games last night that ran perfectly. Playing as the Engineer is fun and if you have two of them on your team in 2Fort then you can make a rather strong defense by simply blocking the coridoors to the intelligence room with turrets and dispensers.

Spies are fun to play as but it's just as fun to kill the bastards too. I was defending the intelligence a fair bit as an Engineer. If you shoot all of your team-mates that come into the base, more often than not you end up killing some unlucky Spy. How dare they try to tamper with my sentry guns. :P

Edited by Cubeoid, 29 October 2007 - 04:24 PM.

Dancing space potatoes? You bet!
Bodom Master Cubeoid of the ORRDer
Posted Image

PlasmaDavid

PlasmaDavid

Send in more planes!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,464 posts
You got it on 260 :lol:

Seriously, anyone who plays TF2 on the 360 is a tard. Yes maybe you can't run it on your PC, but really the game is NOTHING.

6v6? Sure, TF2 can be good 6v6. Totally. :hehe:

Cubeoid

Cubeoid

Child of Bodom

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,581 posts
No my PC can't run it so why the hell wouldn't I play it when it comes packaged with The Orange Box? It's not like people are buying the 360 version of Orange Box for TF2 alone.

More likely anyone who makes your idiotic argument is a tard.
Posted Image

PlasmaDavid

PlasmaDavid

Send in more planes!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,464 posts
Oh sure, HL2 and Portal are worth it, but wow it must suck playing 6v6 on the 360 :)

Cubeoid

Cubeoid

Child of Bodom

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,581 posts
As one part of the whole package it is certainly worth playing and I'm not buying a new PC for it or any other games.

Is it as good as the PC version? No.

Does it suck? Hell no.
Posted Image

Ninja Catfish

Ninja Catfish

Lifetime Moderator

• Mod Squad
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,433 posts
Waste of time playing TF2 on 360. 6v6... seriously.

But enough of that. Fair enough you'll want to play the HL episodes and Portal though.
Podcaster & Contributor
icQSE5fgJ0ck8.jpg
[ Twitter | Last.fm ]

Obscurus

Obscurus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,023 posts

Waste of time playing TF2 on 360. 6v6... seriously.

But enough of that. Fair enough you'll want to play the HL episodes and Portal though.

I compleatly agree with this movement, LOL.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image And 2007
Posted Image

Cat-Gonk

Cat-Gonk

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 966 posts
Building sentries offensively is great fun :D

As far as defence on 2Fort goes, if you don't think there's a competant Demoman on the other team then put one sentry right outside the spawn point. While this sounds retarded, a sentry in this spot is quick to build since you can duck back into resupply for metal, and it covers both entrances to the intel room.

The "courtyard" on 2Fort (the uncovered area near the spawn, where one entrance to the intel room is) can be protected well with sentries because shooting up at a 45 angle at a sentry with a Soldier is difficult..though again prone to being grenaded. However, the Demoman is a somewhat vulnerable class when getting into position.

If you want to go Spy on 2Fort, disguise yourself as an Engineer while getting into position as there are always real ones in the intel room and the chances of you being noticed are slim.

2fort is so the new final destination (well, the new Battlefield..FD is cheap because projectiles are way way way too good :/ ), the new de_dust..or perhaps it's the "old" ubiquitous map since it's been around for quite some time?
unstoppable

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users