Lifetime Moderator

• Mod Squad
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,448 posts
  • Nintendo Network ID (NNID):Catfiish
  • PSN Name:NinjaCatfish
  • Xbox Gamertag:NinjaxCatfish
  • Steam ID:ninjacatfish
Have to say, rather jealous of the Samus statue and Valkyria Chronicles art book!
Podcaster & Contributor
icQSE5fgJ0ck8.jpg
2012_Discussion_NinjaCatfish.gif
2012_MostHelpful_NinjaCatfish.gif
2012_MostPolite_NinjaCatfish.gif
[ Twitter | Last.fm ]

indevelopment

indevelopment

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,341 posts
Futurama season 6, $20 JB HiFi
Member of the de Blob cult of win - vale thq

pokémons!

still playing animal crossing lets go to the city 5328 1955 3248 Town: Sputnik User: G

Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

Ninja Catfish

Ninja Catfish

Lifetime Moderator

• Mod Squad
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,448 posts
Posted Image
Both are NTSC games that work on my PAL console, though unfortunately the music is sloooow thanks to the PAL NES CPU being slower than the NTSC console to account for our slower refresh rate TVs at the time.
Batman is still fantastic though, I remember loving it as a kid and it still holds up.
Podcaster & Contributor
icQSE5fgJ0ck8.jpg
[ Twitter | Last.fm ]

Darth Robbo

Darth Robbo

• Staff Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
Grabbed Civil War, Infinite Crisis Omnibus and a new wallet today at Empire Toys in Perth. The Omnibus cost $150 and is MASSIVE at 1400 pages. Oh yeah, have Batman: Knightquest just in from the post as well as Knightfall coming soon.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image
3DS Friend Code: 3609 - 1057 - 9044
PC Specs: Intel Core i5 2500K @ 3.3 GHz, 2 x MSi GTX 560 Ti in SLI, 8GB 1600MHz Vengeance.

karnophage

karnophage

Goddamn sexual Tyrannosaurus

• Mod Squad
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,546 posts
That Omnibus looks to huge to even read.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Ninja Catfish

Ninja Catfish

Lifetime Moderator

• Mod Squad
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,448 posts
I had a feel for the weight, the things a bloody tome! Good luck reading it man :P

Posted Image
The last 2 pieces I need for my ultimate charging station/shrine, also NSMB2 because NSMB2.

Spoiler

Podcaster & Contributor
icQSE5fgJ0ck8.jpg
[ Twitter | Last.fm ]

flamecondor

flamecondor

Awesome Member

• Mod Squad
  • PipPipPip
  • 490 posts
Posted Image
Some Dr Who DVDs the Girlfriend bought for me
The Krotons
The Dalek Invasion of Earth
The Greatest Show in the Galaxy

X-Men Anime
Darksiders 2 for $69 from JB

Also got these two in the mail last week

Posted Image

Blue and Black Voltron Lions, with them my collection is looking oh so much more epic

Posted Image

I love that I'm basically rebuying my childhood, one action figure at a time :D
Posted Image

Medrad

Medrad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts
Your Voltrons are so clean and shiny! Mine are all worn, dirty, scratched, faded, etc... loved and played with as a kid... Still hate the vehicle force.

I notice your NTSC adapter for your SNES there... haven't seen one of those in ages! Your SNES is also very shiny, unfaded... mine is strangely yellowed on the top... just like old beige PC's
Posted Image

Currently counting my sets and it's increasing! (Prev 58)

flamecondor

flamecondor

Awesome Member

• Mod Squad
  • PipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Your Voltrons are so clean and shiny! Mine are all worn, dirty, scratched, faded, etc... loved and played with as a kid... Still hate the vehicle force.

I notice your NTSC adapter for your SNES there... haven't seen one of those in ages! Your SNES is also very shiny, unfaded... mine is strangely yellowed on the top... just like old beige PC's

Vehicle Voltron is best Voltron :D

Most of them are shiny and new, but my Yellow Lion has seen better days. Still kinda trying to track down a replacement one that looks nicer. But now I'm buying them, I just want to buy more of them, man they made alot of Lion Voltron figures back in the day :P

And lol at my converter, I actually have 2, a Pro Action Reply MK 2 and that one. But certain games will only work on certain converters so I need to have both which is a pain. Although I've seen a site int he UK that can mod your SNES so it can play NTSC and PAL games as well as having a switch to be able to play them in 60hz instead of 60hz so I'm thinking of doing that as a way to get around needing the converters as they can be a little fussy at times.
Posted Image

PlasmaDavid

PlasmaDavid

Send in more planes!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,473 posts
Kind of confused why such.... bad toys have you wanting them so much. Not that that as in YOU"RE DUMB FOR ENJOYING *insert cartoon here*, moreso those models are of extremely basic quality and appearance. As opposed to, say the Gundam that Takora bought, which is detailed and cool. Or modern anime figs in general. Then again I don't understand why people want to own a heap of old grey console plastic, when you can emulate stuff just fine/better. Must be an 80s thing...

Edited by PlasmaDavid, 22 August 2012 - 06:19 PM.

"You're like the James of road construction sites." - NinjaCatfish
"I can't pick which game to like less!" - NinjaCatfish
"It's like the pokemon rap for nerds." - NinjaCatfish

"Cease and remove all published material that you are attributing to my name or further legal action will be taken." - NinjaCatfish

"I never even said that last one!" - Ninja"StupidHead"Catfish

karnophage

karnophage

Goddamn sexual Tyrannosaurus

• Mod Squad
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,546 posts
That's the thing Plas, they have that old school appeal.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

flamecondor

flamecondor

Awesome Member

• Mod Squad
  • PipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Kind of confused why such.... bad toys have you wanting them so much. Not that that as in YOU"RE DUMB FOR ENJOYING *insert cartoon here*, moreso those models are of extremely basic quality and appearance. As opposed to, say the Gundam that Takora bought, which is detailed and cool. Or modern anime figs in general. Then again I don't understand why people want to own a heap of old grey console plastic, when you can emulate stuff just fine/better. Must be an 80s thing...

That Lion Voltron set I used to own as a kid, if I recall correctly I got the Yellow Lion on my 5th birthday (it is the 5th Lion so I got it when I was 5) and I had always always wanted a Vehicle Force Voltron, so pretty much both for nostalgia reasons I guess. I am getting the new Voltron stuff thats coming out atm, the Matty Collector range and thats going to look epic once I have it all.

But yeah prob is an 80's thing, most people form my generation will tell you these things where awesome back in the day. You also have to remember, Voltron, Gen 1 Transformers & Robotech were out introduction into Mecha. We didn't have Gundam, or Evangellion or any of that back then.
Posted Image

pchan

pchan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,276 posts
Thing about Voltron and Transformers are that they were originally toys. And with a whole heap of die cast metal to add to the quality mix. Gundams are more.. Replicas that need to be constructed and painted. I guess it's like comparing warhammer to transformers.
That said, Macross still looks badass today - and they were meant to be played with too!
http://i291.photobuc...OHN7-13-111.jpg

(also, your Voltron looks totally different to mine! http://www.fairfaxun...me=Voltron1.jpg)

On with the thread. I know it's probably more in spirit to post photos of your stuff but.. well it's too hard to move!
Anyway, after seeing a pic of Ninja Catfish's slick computer build, i felt as thought my box needed a facelift. So I got a somewhat ugly, but airflowwy case.
Thermaltake Level 10 GT (yes, the lesser non $800 version) - $200.
http://www.warcom.co...d263a5dc136.jpg

Also, got a 3DS XL. $249, plus some $30 off deal for getting NSMB2 at the same time.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Ninja Catfish

Ninja Catfish

Lifetime Moderator

• Mod Squad
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,448 posts

Some people just value old things. I like my old consoles and prefer to play games on them over emulating them. The legality of the situation helps, but honestly, it just feels better to be playing an original rather than a dump of the ROM I downloaded from some website, in an emulator with a primary school student grade GUI. Some people just like to have things I guess.

Posted Image
Project Zero is another to add to the list of 'games I bought because James said they were good on the podcast', found that JB have it for $44 and got EB to price match it.
Podcaster & Contributor
icQSE5fgJ0ck8.jpg
[ Twitter | Last.fm ]

OrionPax

OrionPax

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 134 posts
If I had the means to, I would totally collect some 80's Transformers. Not for nostalgia though, as I wasn't around in the 80's. To me, old toys have a certain charm that the new toys lack.

Anyways, grabbed Just Cause 2 off steam. 'Splosions everywhere!
Posted Image

Supah Ted

Supah Ted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 546 posts
G1 transformer toys are incredible.

WTF IS THAT XMEN ANIME I NEVER EVEN HEARD OF IT????!!!

I got a bunch of mass effect 3 toys and statues of marvel women
Posted Image

Ninja Catfish

Ninja Catfish

Lifetime Moderator

• Mod Squad
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,448 posts
If you mean the Xmen Blu Ray in my pic, it's not an anime. Just a BluRay set of the first 3 films.
Podcaster & Contributor
icQSE5fgJ0ck8.jpg
[ Twitter | Last.fm ]

Supah Ted

Supah Ted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 546 posts
Nah in condors pic. I looked it up on apple tv and it's there so all good.
Looked for that Isaac box at eb but no luck. Such a awesome game.
Posted Image

Darth Robbo

Darth Robbo

• Staff Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
Posted Image

$200 at the local Retravision on clearance, for the girlfriend. Obviously very underpowered with a single core Atom processor at 1.66 GHz and only a gig of memory, but a good little worker just for her small needs. Somewhere to store her photos, save her documents, that sort of thing. Git Ubuntu 11.04 up and running happily after solving a bootloader issue, so we're all happy!

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image
PC Specs: Intel Core i5 2500K @ 3.3 GHz, 2 x MSi GTX 560 Ti in SLI, 8GB 1600MHz Vengeance.

Lucrei

Lucrei

• Staff Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 738 posts

Project Zero is another to add to the list of 'games I bought because James said they were good on the podcast', found that JB have it for $44 and got EB to price match it.

I love having JB Gift Cards. Time to swoop that up!

My other recent purchases:
New Super Mario Bros. 2 (3DS, $55, Target)
Ys 7 (PSP, $24, PlayAsia)
Ys: The Oath in Felghana (PSP, $30, PlayAsia)

Supah Ted

Supah Ted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 546 posts
Robbo, have you heard of comixology? Saves a butt load of money and space. I recently dropped my standing order at the local and get them on my iPad now. Huge hardcovers like that may look nice but are a dog to read. I have the earth x one and it's literally painful. Even 12 issue hardcovers are incredibly heavy.
Posted Image

Ninja Catfish

Ninja Catfish

Lifetime Moderator

• Mod Squad
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,448 posts
Posted Image
Should be a good read!
Podcaster & Contributor
icQSE5fgJ0ck8.jpg
[ Twitter | Last.fm ]

Darth Robbo

Darth Robbo

• Staff Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts

Robbo, have you heard of comixology? Saves a butt load of money and space. I recently dropped my standing order at the local and get them on my iPad now. Huge hardcovers like that may look nice but are a dog to read. I have the earth x one and it's literally painful. Even 12 issue hardcovers are incredibly heavy.

I am actually a heavy Comixology user, the iPad app is really fantastic. I was getting a lot of reading out of it, but the fact is, I was getting a bit down about the fact that I'm not filling a shelf. Rather materialistic I know, but I want to have a collection to display by the time I'm 30 and have a collection/games room. Something about having a physical copy and really 'owning' the product resonates with me.

Just a bit of a collector I guess.
Posted Image

Posted Image

flamecondor

flamecondor

Awesome Member

• Mod Squad
  • PipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted Image
Should be a good read!

Nice, I'm kinda behind on my GameSpites, last one I got was the SNES one I think. Will get all the ones I'm missing soonish me thinks.

Posted Image
New Loot for me
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles The Crystal Bearers & Final Fantasy The 4 Heroes of Light guide books.
Xenoblade & The Last Story Soundtracks
Avengers Blu Ray/DVD Combo
Transformers Fall of Cybertron for 360
US 3DS XL
Posted Image

James

James

Pop Ate My Heart

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,889 posts
Can never have too much of 4 Heroes of Light. Posted Image