Photo

Wii Parties

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
636 replies to this topic

WithTheDawn

WithTheDawn

Dictator Perpetuus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,655 posts
And awaaaaaaaaaay I go!

vfa_topic.jpg
The Greatest Topic Vooks Has Ever Seen - RMT Mark 1!
Co-Creator of Shawn co.: Moderately Amusing Vooks Since 2006 ----- Creator of "Plan B"

Venso Howlie

Venso Howlie

hērōs

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,609 posts
Post all about it when you get back?
Posted Image
"An adventure is a dangerous experience that leaves you with an interesting story to tell, if you survive." --Michael Banks

WithTheDawn

WithTheDawn

Dictator Perpetuus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,655 posts
Plan to. I might not be able to do it tonight, but most likely I'll be too pumped to go to bed anyway. Taking camera for the hell of it, might get some shots outside. But yeah, I'll get as good a impressions out of the games I play as I can and post em up.

vfa_topic.jpg
Co-Creator of Shawn co.: Moderately Amusing Vooks Since 2006 ----- Creator of "Plan B"

Major_Stalfos

Major_Stalfos

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts
What i found amazing and a great thing fro nintendo is the fact that the parents who were there for there kids had a lot of fun on the games.
My friends call me Major, my enemies destroy me with well placed bombs.

Phantom Ganon

Phantom Ganon

Online Event Co-ordinator

• Staff Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,337 posts
SoniK, I might see you there (even though I don't know what you look like) since I'm also going to Highpoint this weekend. Looks like the Aussie public are really accepting the Wii, seeing as we get to see the Zelda trailer second. Or maybe I'm just paranoid.
SOLID GOLD SON
Posted Image

Spiritł

Spiritł

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,712 posts
It isn't a trailer for God's sake. It sounds more like one of those gameplay reels you see when you leave your game stand idle.

I'm kinda a big deal!!

Phantom Ganon

Phantom Ganon

• Staff Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,337 posts
Don't spoil the fun, you Gamefaqs squeeler.
SOLID GOLD SON
Posted Image

Spiritł

Spiritł

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,712 posts
LOL. I can't help but stress my superior self at Gamefaqs. It's not my fault I'm a "Legend", blame the Karma.

I'm kinda a big deal!!

Phantom Ganon

Phantom Ganon

• Staff Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,337 posts
The Karma gets to everyones head. Here I have one friend who loves his karma...and down there *points to AIM* is a friend who has been banned 5 times thanks to self suicide.
SOLID GOLD SON
Posted Image

Striker

Striker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts
Looks like everyone had fun, I wanted to enter but I forgot, but still hoped my brother would win it, but he didnt.

Have fun NSW'ers tonight.
And good luck to the S.A and W.A members from here.

borgster101

borgster101

Rebel, Emissary, Chosen

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,770 posts

SoniK, I might see you there (even though I don't know what you look like) since I'm also going to Highpoint this weekend. Looks like the Aussie public are really accepting the Wii, seeing as we get to see the Zelda trailer second. Or maybe I'm just paranoid.

I'll be at Highpoint this Saturday :D

And yeah there wasnt a new Zelda trailer, only the footage after the title screen, though it probably contained never before scenes so it would have been pretty cool to see.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Supremacy

Supremacy

• Lifetime Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,549 posts
I PLAYED THE WIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

Ohh god it was heaps cool. Playing zelda, Wii Sports, Warioware.

This thing is all its hyped up to be although i did expect better graphics though after playing it the graphics thought was blown away.

Heaps fun, though i didnt like getting my ass kicked by WTD in tennis :(
\TR/ The Al-Mighty Khalif Supremacy \TR/
Posted Image -- Aka the Sexiest Username Award
Posted Image
© and sponsored by Sharpie

Join my 1337 fan clubs:
- NGSHASMBC
- NGSHSYBC
- NGSHTSUC

The Light6

The Light6

I Am

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,803 posts
So tell us, does WTD look like his Mii and that pic in the WTD hotseat thread?
Super Smash Bros Disaster: Day of Crisis is so gonna be the game of the year.

Dead Cthulhu dreams eternal in sunken R'lyeh, until the stars are once again right, then the Old Ones shall once again walk where man now rules.

Last.fm

Bill_LP

Bill_LP

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 385 posts
Hahaha a little bit...

The hair and the glasses >_>

(its supremacy btw >_>)
Posted Image

VOOK

VOOK

Nintendo's pass through anything

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,558 posts
So Bill how did that Photo go LOL

Posted Image

WithTheDawn

WithTheDawn

Dictator Perpetuus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,655 posts
Got there about an hour early, expecting a whole group of nerdy guys playing DS. Nudda. Went up to where it was and there was already a doo on for the retails, so I went back downstairs and waited. Supremacy and Bill_LP turned up pretty soon, we talked for a bit. Mainly about Vook and how much, er, we like him. Couple of other guys showed up, but kept away. We assumed they were from AN. Supremacy kept trying to mug the retailer people that left as well >_>.

Another dude turned up as well, cooler guy who flew in from Wagga just for this. From AN he says, but hasn't been on there as much recently. Talked a bit with him as well, then released there was no one else here. Seems everyone who didn't get their as early was being held back earlier on. Yay for us, we mossied on up before everyone else and were the first people in. Quickly snabbed a shot of the place, as did Bill, and a dude quickly came over and made him delete it. I snuck away and got some party pies and he didnt seem to notice. Anyway, everyone was there, very cool. We talked to the main Nintendo dude person who was on the channel 7 news thing for a bit, he was cool.

Zelda: Twilight Princess: Ah yes, the one everyone wants to know about I'm sure. I raced over to one of two Wii systems set up with TP on them, and was the second person to give it a whirl. There were two parts, and we got to play through the same area most of you have probably seen from e3 earlier this year, as well as having a go at some fishing. I'm not going to lie about this game - the controls are tricky. I only had about 15 minutes total with this game, and I'm sure you get the hang of it after more time playing it. Sword action was quite easy though, and makes a lot more sense than pressing a button. For everyone complaining about getting tired because of having to swing the sword all the time - don't. Not only is the Wiimote very light, a simple flick of the wrist is all that is needed for you to swing your sword, and its not as though you will be fighting enemies all the time - there was a lot more of a focus on puzzles in the demo we played.

At the same time, the game is far from a walkover. Being the hardcore Zelda gamer I am, I managed to evade death, but the game is pretty ruthless when it comes to loosing hearts, if what we played it any indication, and you have to be pretty quick. Using the bow also felt fairly uncomfortable to being with, but I think its more because you have a natural tendency to use the joystick to aim rather than actually aim with the wiimote.

Didn't get as much time with fishing, but it seems to be quite involved. Literally throwing back the wiimote to cast the line, and actually rotating the nunchuck to pull it back in. The fishing actually seemed a lot more natural than the dungeon section.

The new Zelda trailer: I can't exactly give you massive details on this, I was too awestruck watching it! It started off much like the opening screen of Ocarina of Time, Link riding Epona across Hyrule field. Many audible "awwwws" were heard. Hyrule field is MASSIVE if this is anything to go by. A whole heap of images flashed by, including Link back before he dones the green, a lot of fighting scenes, some very nasty, dark and mysterious dude and...Zelda! Yes, Zelda, proper Zelda, all in white and pink is indeed seen quite briefly! And there was much commotion when it happened! As I said before, we were told this should be released online quite soon, so look forward to it, its an awesome trailer!

Wii Sports: As soon as I played TP I headed right over to Wii Sports. There were two different games, Bowling and Tennis set up at different places. Allow me to emphasis just how seriously kickass both of these games were. You could really feel the difference between a game like TP that was originally for the Cube, and games like these that are made purely for the Wiimote. Bowling is simple enough, you swing your arm back, tap one of the buttons and letterrip down the alley. There is a trick to this though, as if you bowl at an angle, your delivery wont be straight. Most people had a tendency to curve to the left as a result. I managed to get one strike though, and I was mighty please.

Even more impressive than Bowling was the Tennis. This game was actually the one I had the most fun with. Set up as a 1v1 match, it is incredibly simple - just swing your wiimote like a tennis raquet. Very simple, quite obvious, but massive fun.

Excite Truck: Fast and hectic. Zooming around at breakneck speeds, trying to avoid trees and boosting even faster through mid-air. Crashing is just a part of the game with this one, and it is a whole lotta fun to play.

Warioware: Nothing special. A whole heap of small minigames that get you to do very basic tasks with the wiimote. Nifty in a gimmicky way, but looks like it would get old quickly enough.

Near the end they gave away two shirts to a couple of chicks. Rigged I say. Anyway, was an awesome time, loved it, can't wait to buy wii and make sweet sweet love to it.

vfa_topic.jpg

The Light6

The Light6

I Am

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,803 posts
Sounds great, can't wait for that trailer. And this is why I want the cube TP as you said Wii's TP is a bit tricky except for the fishing (which I asume pwn'd). Just 37 days left now....
Super Smash Bros Disaster: Day of Crisis is so gonna be the game of the year.

Dead Cthulhu dreams eternal in sunken R'lyeh, until the stars are once again right, then the Old Ones shall once again walk where man now rules.

Last.fm

Sllik

Sllik

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 355 posts
Green with envy man.. Thanks for the write up though :thumbsup:

So how about that photo you score though?
Posted Image
-Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee-

Syth_Blade22

Syth_Blade22

• Members
  • 2 posts
Awesome post WTD, glad to hear they let you have a fair amount of time on Zelda.

I'm stoked that Nintendo Australia are doing this... maybe they can sell more then how ever many gamecubes (100,000 i heard... who knows)!

But good luck to those in WA and SA ! hope you get the call.

mandiller

mandiller

• Staff Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 816 posts
Great write up WTD :)

Wii Party tonight woot! Now it's my turn :P I'll be catching the train to Brisbane sometime in the afternoon and I'll go meet up with my brother before heading over to the Party. Wii time :D

Juzzy

Juzzy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts

Great write up WTD :)

Wii Party tonight woot! Now it's my turn :P I'll be catching the train to Brisbane sometime in the afternoon and I'll go meet up with my brother before heading over to the Party. Wii time :D

Hi Opium,

It might be advantageous to think of some questions for the reps regarding online play and VC titles that are slated for release with and after the Wii console.

Most likely they won't let anything out we don't already know, but maybe you could offer yourself as a slave or something in return for prescious information? We don't really mind!

One thing I would like to know, is whether there is planned development for a sports game that is on the more "sim" side than the bundled Wii-Sports. Wii Sports has given a brief example of what can be done, hopefully a publisher can run with the idea and turn it into a full functional game of either one of the sports demonstrated.

Cheers :)

mandiller

mandiller

• Staff Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 816 posts
I very much doubt Nintendo Australia would know the answer to the last question, and they wouldn't tell me if they did know :P

What do you want to know about online play? We already know a few things. One 'friend code' per system and the first online title will be Pokemon Battle Revolution. As for VC games we have a list of what we will be getting thanks to the OFLC :)

I will try and ask the rep a few questions though. I'll bring my dictophone along as well so I can record it if he lets me.

*edit* And off I go. Cya guys! :D

B4zzA

B4zzA

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 231 posts
Hoping and waiting for that phone call from Nintendo that im invited to the WA one. Hope i do win :)

waiting....

saramakos

saramakos

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 177 posts
NOT before me! Oh wait, my entry was crap.... *sigh*.... as you were!

B4zzA

B4zzA

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 231 posts
Hahah lol :P Good luck to you anyway, as i have read in this thread, it didnt need to be over creative to win, but that might be because Victorians are so bitter :P

ooh lol sorry, jk