What have you just played?

• Please log in to reply
6093 replies to this topic

YamiHoshi.nl

YamiHoshi.nl

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 157 posts
Kingdom Hearts 3D, Mario Kart 7, and Star Fox 64 3D.

PlasmaDavid

PlasmaDavid

Send in more planes!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,480 posts
Moar Diablo 2 with Catfish, we're up to Act IV and Catfish used his character re-spec (I did at the start of Act III) and he's doing very well. My werewolf is lagging behind due to a lack of synergies between his werewolf abilities :( We need to grind lots >_>

Have been playing Fex on the 360, such a great little game. For those who don't know, it's a 16 bit style platformer, where you can rotate the levels, which of course changes the perspective and placement of platforms and ladders at. Very mind bending mechanic that's very intuitive to use! Also the game has gorgeously relaxing music.

"You're like the James of road construction sites." - NinjaCatfish
"I can't pick which game to like less!" - NinjaCatfish
"It's like the pokemon rap for nerds." - NinjaCatfish

"Cease and remove all published material that you are attributing to my name or further legal action will be taken." - NinjaCatfish

"I never even said that last one!" - Ninja"StupidHead"Catfish

Medrad

Medrad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,678 posts

Moar Diablo 2 with Catfish, we're up to Act IV and Catfish used his character re-spec (I did at the start of Act III) and he's doing very well. My werewolf is lagging behind due to a lack of synergies between his werewolf abilities :( We need to grind lots >_>

Do you LAN it up or do you BattleNet? I haven't touched D2 in years, and it's probably a good thing too, I managed to sink many hours into it during my uni degree... and many painful wrists/hands later, it was a wild ride. Me barbing it up whilst my mate played assassin... I can't wait for D3, but got told yesterday I would need a new computer alltogether, not just a video card upgrade...
Posted Image

Currently counting my sets and it's increasing! (Prev 58)

Darth Robbo

Darth Robbo

• Staff Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
I'm hoping my SLI rig can handle D3 :P If not, this $2000~ PC is going to feel like a bit of a letdown.

Still not sure on whether I just want to be lazy and indulge in my desire to hit things lots as a barbarian, or try and branch out with different playstyles. I guess I'll just mess around in the tutorial phase with some different characters and do some reading, THEN decide.
Posted Image

Posted Image
3DS Friend Code: 3609 - 1057 - 9044
PC Specs: Intel Core i5 2500K @ 3.3 GHz, 2 x MSi GTX 560 Ti in SLI, 8GB 1600MHz Vengeance.

PlasmaDavid

PlasmaDavid

Send in more planes!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,480 posts
Screw that, pick a class and just jump in and have fun. I might choose Barby or With Doctor.

We're doing it LAN, same room or NOTHING.

"Cease and remove all published material that you are attributing to my name or further legal action will be taken." - NinjaCatfish

James

James

Pop Ate My Heart

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,889 posts

We're doing it LAN, same room or NOTHING.

Posted Image
Community Manager & Review Contributor
Posted Image
Posted Image
[ Twitter | Minus | last.fm ]

PlasmaDavid

PlasmaDavid

Send in more planes!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,480 posts
I'll pay that :lol:

Darth Robbo

Darth Robbo

• Staff Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
Guys it'll be fine, I just need a blankey and I'll be ri-

Spoiler

Posted Image

Posted Image
3DS Friend Code: 3609 - 1057 - 9044
PC Specs: Intel Core i5 2500K @ 3.3 GHz, 2 x MSi GTX 560 Ti in SLI, 8GB 1600MHz Vengeance.

Ninja Catfish

Ninja Catfish

Lifetime Moderator

• Mod Squad
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,448 posts
  • Nintendo Network ID (NNID):Catfiish
  • PSN Name:NinjaCatfish
  • Xbox Gamertag:NinjaxCatfish
  • Steam ID:ninjacatfish
So I've been playing quite a few games over the last few days.
Made a start on Super Mario 3D Land. I'm a few levels into World 2, but I've been told I should try to ration the game out so as to enjoy it most, so I'm gonna put that down until tomorrow. Only a little disappointed that there's no Raccoon Suit, and you can't turn into a statue with the Tanooki Suit (unless you can and I just don't know it yet).

Made some more progress in Mass Effect 3 which has been pretty consistently fantastic. Just made a decision with such far reaching consequences I didn't anticipate that I felt genuine regret. So want to finish this game so I can have a free-for-all conversation with people about it.

Have started playing Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World: The Game since I had all those MS points to spend and the retro looks, bangin' music, Scott Pilgrim-ness and homage to Street Gangs-ness of the game made me give in and buy it. Liking it so far. Quite challenging, but not impossible once you realise you can replay earlier levels to get experience, or as you learn to use moves effectively. Buying items that give you extra stats helps immensely as well.
Podcaster & Contributor
icQSE5fgJ0ck8.jpg
2012_Discussion_NinjaCatfish.gif
2012_MostHelpful_NinjaCatfish.gif
2012_MostPolite_NinjaCatfish.gif
[ Twitter | Last.fm ]

James

James

Pop Ate My Heart

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,889 posts
I've been spending a pretty intense session with [PROTOTYPE2]. I really enjoyed the first one and remember it came out at the same time as inFAMOUS however I remember enjoying the first [PROTOTYPE] instead. It was just one of those games that was absolutely deliciously gorey, somewhat well put together and just plain fun.

The second game did admitedly come and go pretty quickly (it came out last week) so many of you probably missed it or didn't care about it, but having spent so much time with it, it's really fun. So many franchises this year have really fallen flat in an attempt to streamline the features and presumably appeal to a larger audience. [PROTOTYPE2], however, does an amazing job at streamlining the game's mechanics without simplifying them.

Really, really happy with how this one turned out. Shame it won't get the attention it deserves :(
Posted Image
Posted Image

Takora

Takora

• Lifetime Member
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts
Lately if I play anything at all it's League of Legends. Having a good time with friends vs bots at the moment, will eventually move on to PvP games after I learn all the terminology and gel with some champions. Currently doing alright with Ashe, but I'm liking the look of a lot of other champions. Too bad they cost so much IP to get!

PlasmaDavid

PlasmaDavid

Send in more planes!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,480 posts
Finished the campaign in Anno 1404. Pretty tame story escallation, thou I was pleasantly surprised by the Baldwin IV style sijck-emperor, should have seen that coming in a crusades themed game! Now to stfart the real meat of the game, continuous mode! Ie an open map with a few ai characters to compete with, instead of campaign goals, story and limitaktions.

Also I effing hate typing on this iDumb.

Edited by PlasmaDavid, 14 May 2012 - 06:14 PM.

Ninja Catfish

Ninja Catfish

Lifetime Moderator

• Mod Squad
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,448 posts
Played some more ME3 tonight. Still kinda coming to terms with a decision I made last session. Want to talk about it, but also spoilers.

Also played some TF2. I have and often wear (in game) some earbuds I got for having Steam on launch of OS X Steam, and some Sam and Max items for pre-ordering Sam and Max Season 3 back in the day.
As a result, I get asked almost every game to trade them away. There is no way I can get these items again, and I kinda like them a lot, so there's no way in hell I'm trading them away.
People are offering me crazy stuff (8 unusual items) but it gets pretty annoying when people don't take no for an answer :|
Podcaster & Contributor
icQSE5fgJ0ck8.jpg
[ Twitter | Last.fm ]

Medrad

Medrad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,678 posts
I played the install game for Diablo 3!!! I played... AND I WON!!!

Was running late for work so didn't get to see the intro cinematics.
Posted Image

Currently counting my sets and it's increasing! (Prev 58)

PlasmaDavid

PlasmaDavid

Send in more planes!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,480 posts
World of Tanks.

Played it back when it came out, and a lot has and hasn't changed. Pretty great freemium game though, as well as a timesink due to "just one more battle". Try it out if you haven't.

borgster101

borgster101

Rebel, Emissary, Chosen

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,769 posts
Finished Infamous 2 (overall pretty good game), and made some more progress in Xenobade!

I'm now up to the
Spoiler
... seems like I'm getting close to the end?
Posted Image
Posted Image

Ninja Catfish

Ninja Catfish

Lifetime Moderator

• Mod Squad
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,448 posts
Gave Sonic 4: Episode 2 a go this afternoon. Pretty decent fun. The music is kinda forgettable, the levels are nice and fast with multiple paths just like Sonic of old.
The addition of Tails to fly/submarine on command is pretty neat, no need to convince your younger sibling to play Tails to get you to secret locations :P
Podcaster & Contributor
icQSE5fgJ0ck8.jpg
[ Twitter | Last.fm ]

GoodOrEvil

GoodOrEvil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 571 posts
  • Location:Adelaide Street, Australia (The Red House On The Left)
Pokemon Blue. Replaced the battery in it before starting, to avoid heartbreak. I played this game pretty much constantly as a kid, but never actually finished it (or got much further than four badges), so it's time to fix that!

Just beat the fourth gym and am in the tower in Lavender Town now. Team is currently Mew, Wartortle, Vulpix, Jolteon, Fearow and Sandshrew (he knows Cut, that's all he's used for).
3DS Friend Code: 1650-1811-1744

PlasmaDavid

PlasmaDavid

Send in more planes!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,480 posts
Oh the tyrany of the Cut pokemon, or HM whore in general :(

Also Mew? HAAAAAAAAAAAAX!

If they want to get me into Pokemon again it'll be a Ruby/Saphire remake thanks. Best games of them all IMO.

Played Counter Strike GO with Catfish last night. Final round of the map and Catfish manages to kill both the better-than-us players (with my Steam chatting him their locations) and win us the map! Was pretty cool. Liking CSGO a lot, but there's still lots of issues, specificly crosshairs not actually representing where your boolits are going.

Also finally got Toy Soldiers on PC and made a start on crushing everyones high scores. ENKC started the game on Hard I see, because he's cool. The game isn't as good as the 360 version, changes in camera and controls, amongst other things, make it easier and.... just not as good. Still a great game though!

Might give it a crack with the 360 controller hooked up.

Edited by PlasmaDavid, 22 May 2012 - 03:35 PM.

YamiHoshi.nl

YamiHoshi.nl

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 157 posts
Kingdom Hearts 3D on my 3DS, Pokémon Black Version on my DS, and Rayman Origins on my PS Vita.

James

James

Pop Ate My Heart

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,889 posts
How is KH 3D?
Posted Image
Posted Image

YamiHoshi.nl

YamiHoshi.nl

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 157 posts
It has very nice animations, good music, varying Gameplay, but it took me some hours, to figure out how to save. (Note, I'm a first-timer in Kingdom Hearts.)

Phantom Ganon

Phantom Ganon

Online Event Co-ordinator

• Staff Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,320 posts
Picked up Apollo Justice recently for cheap and played through the first chapter. What a highly enjoyable affair this is turning out to be. Some ridiculous stuff happening in that first trial. Love the minimal voice acting. "Hold it!" and "Objection!" have such a punch to them.

So it has me interested to buy the other ones further down the line. From what I understand there are three games starring Pheonix Wright which take place previous to this one (the original, Justice for All and Trials and Tribulations). I could just download the crummy Wiiware release, but I think these are games I want to play on my handheld. Hopefully Nintendo announce DS games for download one day, although it'll be something else entirely if Capcom decide to place it on our eShop.
SOLID GOLD SON
Posted Image

PlasmaDavid

PlasmaDavid

Send in more planes!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,480 posts
Catfish and I played some CSGO in A GOOD GAME SERVER, WITH BAJO! Was pretty great.

Then we teamed up in Dawn of War II Last STand mode. Such a great co-op mode with a heap of potential, hope they expand on it with DoWIII....

borgster101

borgster101

Rebel, Emissary, Chosen

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,769 posts

Picked up Apollo Justice recently for cheap and played through the first chapter. What a highly enjoyable affair this is turning out to be. Some ridiculous stuff happening in that first trial. Love the minimal voice acting. "Hold it!" and "Objection!" have such a punch to them.

So it has me interested to buy the other ones further down the line. From what I understand there are three games starring Pheonix Wright which take place previous to this one (the original, Justice for All and Trials and Tribulations). I could just download the crummy Wiiware release, but I think these are games I want to play on my handheld. Hopefully Nintendo announce DS games for download one day, although it'll be something else entirely if Capcom decide to place it on our eShop.

They are all awesome, and you should buy all of them! :D
Posted Image
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users