What have you just played?

• Please log in to reply
6093 replies to this topic

Medrad

Medrad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts
Hmm... sounds like I'd be in two minds about if I like or dislike the difficulty scaling there. Sounds good in theory, but if you went to an "easier" dungeon but the enemies were scaled to provide a level of challenge appropriate to your level, do they drop better loot? Or do enemies not drop loot in Oblivion?
Posted Image

Currently counting my sets and it's increasing! (Prev 58)

PlasmaDavid

PlasmaDavid

Send in more planes!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,473 posts
Yeah you search dead bodies. Rarer/scarier monsters usually have more valuable body parts for alchemy. In vanilla I'm pretty sure all loot was scaled, so you'd find really cool stuff on hard to kill common bandits endgame.

Anyway, really getting into Oblivion now, seems like the early game grind has crested and I'm feeling a bit more powerful. Lord Poison mainly summons a zombie to do his bidding, then uses an array of other magiks (and poison!) to do his dirty work. Starting to randomly trawl more dungeons and it's paying off!

"You're like the James of road construction sites." - NinjaCatfish
"I can't pick which game to like less!" - NinjaCatfish
"It's like the pokemon rap for nerds." - NinjaCatfish

"Cease and remove all published material that you are attributing to my name or further legal action will be taken." - NinjaCatfish

"I never even said that last one!" - Ninja"StupidHead"Catfish

Polde

Polde

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,070 posts
Dead Space 1. Not really finding it that scary, but it has its moments. Walking on zero gravity is pretty cool.

Ninja Catfish

Ninja Catfish

Lifetime Moderator

• Mod Squad
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,448 posts
  • Nintendo Network ID (NNID):Catfiish
  • PSN Name:NinjaCatfish
  • Xbox Gamertag:NinjaxCatfish
  • Steam ID:ninjacatfish
You really have to make the right mood to be scared by a game I find. You can play the scariest game ever with the lights on and it'll be nothing.
Turn off the light, chuck on the headphones/surround sound, and suddenly every sound you'll be shitting yourself!
Podcaster & Contributor
icQSE5fgJ0ck8.jpg
2012_Discussion_NinjaCatfish.gif
2012_MostHelpful_NinjaCatfish.gif
2012_MostPolite_NinjaCatfish.gif
[ Twitter | Last.fm ]

Polde

Polde

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,070 posts

Turn off the light, chuck on the headphones/surround sound, and suddenly every sound you'll be shitting yourself!

Yeah kinda don't wanna do that though, I'd want to be able to sleep well for the next few nights :P.

benanen

benanen

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,678 posts
Borrowing a copy of Mario and Sonic and the Olympic Winter Games.

It's a sad state of affairs so far. :( sigh.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Member of the de Blob cult of win | tumblr | Last.fm | Steam

PlasmaDavid

PlasmaDavid

Send in more planes!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,473 posts
Finally unwrapped my copy of Anno 1404 and installed it. Had put it off so long until I really felt like playing it, and had spent more time getting the most out of Annoo 1701.

Needless to say my puny mind has been blown again. It's every I expected, ie 1701 with ten more layers of polish. Whilst I find myself missing the more colorful style of 1701 (1404 is a has a medieval brown hue which works nicely, as opposed to the colorful New World/Caribbean of 1701) the environment scale, water, user interface... everything is just so much better. And the sound is of course incredible. Also it seems they're putting a bit more of a historical basing to it. Really can't wait to sink some more hours into this game. It's like a history lesson, model building session and epic film all rolled into a big epic relaxing vidya game.

Edited by PlasmaDavid, 12 February 2012 - 12:33 PM.

"Cease and remove all published material that you are attributing to my name or further legal action will be taken." - NinjaCatfish

Medrad

Medrad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts

You really have to make the right mood to be scared by a game I find. You can play the scariest game ever with the lights on and it'll be nothing.

Borrowing a copy of Mario and Sonic and the Olympic Winter Games.

Scariest moment right there... hands down... I'm even paranoid just thinking about it...
Posted Image

Darth Robbo

Darth Robbo

• Staff Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
So I was all happy face as I went about killing people and fulfilling assassination contracts in Skyrim. But then there's a massive plot twist and suddenly all this crazy shit is going on and I'm definitely not happy face anymore.

Posted Image

Except that it's still really good gameplay/story-telling, only I feel like a terrible person and I'm sure going through these motions has scarred me permanently. >_>
Posted Image

Posted Image
3DS Friend Code: 3609 - 1057 - 9044
PC Specs: Intel Core i5 2500K @ 3.3 GHz, 2 x MSi GTX 560 Ti in SLI, 8GB 1600MHz Vengeance.

GoodOrEvil

GoodOrEvil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 571 posts
  • Location:Adelaide Street, Australia (The Red House On The Left)
Cave Story +. Got it in the Humble Indie Bundle 4, finally started to play it. Very fun little game, very reminiscent of Super Metroid.
3DS Friend Code: 1650-1811-1744

Ninja Catfish

Ninja Catfish

Lifetime Moderator

• Mod Squad
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,448 posts
This is not quite a 'just played', more of 'a few weeks ago I took some screenshots and forgot to share them'.
War in the North is damn gorgeous at times. I've taken these images (minus the bird dialog) and turned them into wallpapers they're so nice.
No extra filters or effects, just the game on max settings.
Spoiler

Podcaster & Contributor
icQSE5fgJ0ck8.jpg
[ Twitter | Last.fm ]

Lucrei

Lucrei

• Staff Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 738 posts
I've been playing SPLATTERHOUSE (2010).

I picked it up at my local cashies for $19. I bought it mainly because it has the original three arcade games playable off the disk, which are cult classics. Although the HVGN (Happy Video Game Nerd) did do a review on it, and it seemed pretty decent.

I can say that it is quite decent. Not the greatest game ever, but it is fun. In both its aesthetics and it's gameplay. The art style obviously very gorey, but it doesn't seem bland. The voice acting is pretty top notch. The gameplay is really entertaining, as it's just a huge slaughter-fest. Ripping off enemies arms and using them as weapons is so much fun. Or slicing monsters up with your chainsaw or smacking them with your lead pipe. Or using your own dismembered arm. Oh yeah, that's another thing. Your character gets really messed up. Which is great, because he visibly gets damaged. For example his rib cage shows, or he loses an arm. You can fix all this by syphoning blood from enemies around you though. You can also store the blood to purchase upgrades. It's quite a fun little mechanics.

Critics absolutely panned this one. I'm not sure why. Yes it has pretty long loading screens, and yes, some of the animations aren't perfect, and neither is the frame rate at time. However I can't help but feel they forgot about the most important factor... is the game fun? The answer is a resounding yes.

YamiHoshi.nl

YamiHoshi.nl

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 157 posts
In the last 2 hours:
Pokémon Pearl (DS), WipEout 2048 (Vita), and Mario Kart 7 (3DS).

Ninja Catfish

Ninja Catfish

Lifetime Moderator

• Mod Squad
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,448 posts
Imported a Vita? Nice!
Podcaster & Contributor
icQSE5fgJ0ck8.jpg
[ Twitter | Last.fm ]

YamiHoshi.nl

YamiHoshi.nl

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 157 posts
Yes, I've imported a 3DS before the launch, so I thought to do the same with the Vita.

PlasmaDavid

PlasmaDavid

Send in more planes!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,473 posts
More Anno 1404. Being the damned lapdog of a Wormtongue character at the moment in sinleplayer, as preparations for the crusade takes place. Really great to see 1404 has a bit more of a historical basing in the singleplayer, as opposed to 1701. Being involved with a crusade, there is of course heavy (for a game) Christian references, which is refreshing to see. And considering Kingdom of Heaven (film about one of the crusades with Orlando Bloom) is a favorite film of mine it's a pretty great setting for my tastes.

Medrad

Medrad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts

...considering Kingdom of Heaven (film about one of the crusades with Orlando Bloom) is a favorite film of mine it's a pretty great setting for my tastes.

I think this film was understated. I went and saw it at the movies, it showed a different side to the public image of crusades upon the holy land. It showed a time when a Christian king was revered highly amongst all people, where he welcomed and allowed the people to worship as they were meant to, accepted people in all their ailments as worthy and allowed them to live peacefully with their own religious kind.

Sadly this was brought to an abrupt end when power and politics all came into play...

Anyway, I played Minecraft (yet again) for many hours... have a building underground, a tower protected by water so it won't blow up... and one of the admins kindly points out to the other people playing that my walls aren't secure around the edges... gees, thanks for that people.
Posted Image

PlasmaDavid

PlasmaDavid

Send in more planes!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,473 posts

I think this film was understated. I went and saw it at the movies, it showed a different side to the public image of crusades upon the holy land. It showed a time when a Christian king was revered highly amongst all people, where he welcomed and allowed the people to worship as they were meant to, accepted people in all their ailments as worthy and allowed them to live peacefully with their own religious kind.

Sadly this was brought to an abrupt end when power and politics all came into play...

Anyway, I played Minecraft (yet again) for many hours... have a building underground, a tower protected by water so it won't blow up... and one of the admins kindly points out to the other people playing that my walls aren't secure around the edges... gees, thanks for that people.

Exactly my sentiments (about the film).

You're playing on a server without much player protection/lots of griefing? I'm excited about the upcoming 1.2 features.

Medrad

Medrad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts
I'm playing on a server with enough player protection (factions mostly) which sorta protects your claimed land, but nothing against TNT cannons or creeper traps... that's why I've build one giant tower under a mountain, down to bedrock, with basically no walls, just water flowing from the roof. Technically it's impossible to enter and raid since TNT or creeper blasts can't penetrate water. It's encased in the mountain decently enough to withstand a number of external blasts, and no sign of entrance from the surface (read; filled entrance tunnel with dirt from within a small hole between hills). No torches, snow settles on the dirt... it's great.

Great design, took a lot of mats to do, and you can grow trees underground! Pretty much self-sufficient, just no livestock to produce meat/leather/feathers. I have that on a small, undefined paddock across a river from my land. Breed the cows/pigs/chickens, slaughter periodically for XP/mats... it's a win/win. Just hope nobody has blown that one up too.
Posted Image

PlasmaDavid

PlasmaDavid

Send in more planes!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,473 posts
"mats"? I've never played on a server properly, waited for full launch and now don't have true internet. Sad, because Internode had a great community.

Medrad

Medrad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts
"Mats" = materials... sticks and stone for picks/shovels... torches... etc etc. Server games are fun, working with others to mine/build/defend... it can be a great community, but as with all things, there are those who aim to make things miserable rather than fun... they are the ones who I'd love to turn to a raging raider for... teach them a lesson, and that happens too when people get jack of it.
Posted Image

PlasmaDavid

PlasmaDavid

Send in more planes!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,473 posts
I see.

Played Dawn nof War II Retrubution The Last Stand with Catfish. Probably the best use of the 40k franchise by THQ, and it's only a side game with only two maps.

pchan

pchan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,276 posts
Latest console gaming binge was Alan Wake. It's luigi's mansion with axe wielding hicks, and shotguns!
Portably, I've somehow put res evil revelations down (in its massive boat) and impulsively bought a dsi ll (was meant for my mum - i fell in love with it instead and kept it) and have been playing spirit tracks. Never finished it. *blushes*
Other than that, decided to install DC universe. Made a leprechaun character named Lucky Dip. You'll probably see me emoting flirtatiously to the massive buff male characters, and talking about potato famines in the chat box.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

PlasmaDavid

PlasmaDavid

Send in more planes!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,473 posts
P. CHAN.

:D

Playing MORE Anno 1404. Have sort of given up on singleplayer for now, have started a generic scenario. It's good getting a trickle of new features/buildings as you go in each singleplayer scenario, but the fact you start out with a default settlement in each level instead of what you built up last level is a bit annoying. It's good though, because as well as "generic continuous play" there's "scenarios" where you have set winning conditions of various difficulties, but it's still essentially an open ended game.

Polde

Polde

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,070 posts
Anyone played the ME3 demo?

I played a bit yesterday and it was pretty cool how(from the looks of it) picked right off from the events of ME2. Played all of 1 section, then started another section and played until a certain point when I had to get off from playing(shortly returned later and found out my dad accidently turned the 360 off...)

So yeah gonna have another go sometime later

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users