Photo

Is the C-Stick cheating?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
10 replies to this topic

Poll: Is using the C-Stick cheating? (16 member(s) have cast votes)

Is using the C-Stick cheating?

1. Yes (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. No (16 votes [100.00%])

Percentage of vote: 100.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

Chopper

Chopper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,297 posts
Whenever I play SSBM over my friend's house, he reckons that using the c-stick to do smash attacks is cheating. Personally, I hate having to press A and across at the same time, and I much prefer the c-stick. But the only time I play SSBM is when I'm at my friend's house, becuase I don't own a Cube. I know its a stupid poll, but what do you think?
Posted Image

PlasmaDavid

PlasmaDavid

Send in more planes!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,464 posts
Well if you don't know how to dash you're pretty screwed anyway, and it's still in the game. I said no because it's in the game and is made to be played like that if you want. That's like saying pressing X or Y instead of tapping to jump is cheating.

"You're like the James of road construction sites." - NinjaCatfish
"I can't pick which game to like less!" - NinjaCatfish
"It's like the pokemon rap for nerds." - NinjaCatfish

"Cease and remove all published material that you are attributing to my name or further legal action will be taken." - NinjaCatfish

"I never even said that last one!" - Ninja"StupidHead"Catfish

UltraGekko

UltraGekko

• Lifetime Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,668 posts
No I don't think it's cheating but if you play single player the game doesn't let you use quick smash.

I don't use it myself actually. A good smasher can probably execute an uncharged normal smash as quickly as the c-stick.
Posted Image

Nighthawk

Nighthawk

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,960 posts
Not cheating, as it's in the game, and accessable without a 'cheat' code. If anything, it could be 'cheap' but not cheating. That being said, I don't use the c-stick, as I can just as easily pull off slamming the joystick sideways and hitting A. For me, it'd be much more inefficient to reach down and flick the c-stick.
Contemplative shark is contemplative
Nighthawk, manipulating people since '85
BA in BS

Fierce_deity490

Fierce_deity490

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 217 posts
No way, because its not as good as the 'normal' smash. You can charge normal ones, and I charge alot. So, I see it as a disadvantage.
Zelda 2009?

It begins again.

Kirby102

Kirby102

• Staff Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 978 posts
Meh, C-stick usage isn't noted as cheating... it's just another method of smashing.
Both methods (A button and C-Stick) both can charge the smash attacks (by holding A after using the C-Stick), so it should be even.

In 1p mode, the C-stick is used for Camera zooming...? lol, why was it implemented anyway... :P But seeing how you don't have a Cube, that's probably why you prefer to use the C-Stick, whereas Cube-owners ignore don't use the C-Stick from 1p mode. :ermm:
Posted Image

Ninja Catfish

Ninja Catfish

Lifetime Moderator

• Mod Squad
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,433 posts
C-Stick can't be considered cheating simply because it only allows for the weakest Smash attacks. In order to use it you need to physically think about it and that requires more effort than the natural direction+A combo. And plus you can charge the normal smash attack for more damage and allow it to be unleashed at a more opportune time.
Podcaster & Contributor
icQSE5fgJ0ck8.jpg
2012_Discussion_NinjaCatfish.gif
2012_MostHelpful_NinjaCatfish.gif
2012_MostPolite_NinjaCatfish.gif
[ Twitter | Last.fm ]

James

James

Pop Ate My Heart

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,887 posts
I'm pretty sure the direction+A function will inflict more damage than a C-Stick smash attack.
Community Manager & Review Contributor
Posted Image
Posted Image
[ Twitter | Minus | last.fm ]

Bish

Bish

• Members
  • 0 posts
A whopping 100% no so far.

It' definitely not cheating. It's just another option to use. People can use the directional A combo just as quickly. Simple, it's there if for some reason you want to use it.

Kaboth

Kaboth

Neo-Bonapartist

• Lifetime Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,469 posts
Its programmed in the game so its not cheating. I have trouble doing the A combo to perform a smash attack also so I don't blame you for using the c-stick isntead.

(Chibi) ^-^ (Nation)

(Chibi) ^-^ (Nation)

Pokemon? pfft how lame....

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,559 posts
It's not cheating and its harder to do anyway. Plus with me and shiek we rely on run in, hit, run out.