• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

Ganmaku

Ganmaku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts
!!!!!INFLAMMATORY THREAD TITLE!!!!!

Seriously though, what promising games are on the horizon, excluding 1st party titles?

Personally, besides Bravely Default I struggle to recall any, maybe the new Castlevania? I was extremely hyped about Inafune’s King of Pirates but there's been a disturbing lack of news regarding it since it was announced last year. And don’t get me started on Western Monster Hunter, FFS Capcom!?!?!?

Why are 3rd party developers so slow to get behind this thing with gusto? Obviously the current install base doesn’t warrant their interest, right? But surely they can see the promise hidden within this marvelous Japanese clam shell technological device???

Am I right or am I right?

Discuss :)
z e l d a f l a v o u r e d z e b r a t o w e l d a n c e

indevelopment

indevelopment

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,341 posts
Agreed. I've just bought my first retail game since Christmas and Pokemon Conquest isn't even a 3DS title.

There's been some life on the eStore but in a retail sense there's been nothing of interest (and no real news on the upcoming titles i'm interested in). We do have another Mario though in the next month to look forward to (but that's his 4th named title so far...)
Member of the de Blob cult of win - vale thq

pokémons!

still playing animal crossing lets go to the city 5328 1955 3248 Town: Sputnik User: G

Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

benanen

benanen

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,672 posts
Surely you jest.

Posted Image

I'm sure I have the support of Vook.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Member of the de Blob cult of win | tumblr | Last.fm | Steam

diaglyph

diaglyph

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 561 posts
Devil Survivor Overclocked is still being worked on, but hopefully won't be too much longer! Can't wait to get that game :)
But I kinda see what you mean. I'm mostly looking forward to: Paper Mario, Luigi's Mansion, Fire Emblem (next year).
Not 100% sold on the Mario Bros 1000000 gold coins game just yet! If it had Yoshi I'd be more likely to pick it up LOL
Other 3rd party games - nothing really interesting this year!! The ones that I am interested in look like they'll be out next year.
Posted Image

Nintendo 3DS: 0903-2758-0800

Miiverse: diaglyph

Getting an education was a bit like a communicable sexual disease.
It made you unsuitable for a lot of jobs and then you had the urge to pass it on.
-- Hogfather, Terry Pratchett

wepoo

wepoo

• Members
  • 4 posts
Aren't we all just playing bomberman blitz online?
3Ds Friend Code: 2406-5145-5648

diaglyph

diaglyph

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 561 posts

Aren't we all just playing bomberman blitz online?

??? :confused: ???
Posted Image

It made you unsuitable for a lot of jobs and then you had the urge to pass it on.

VOOK

VOOK

Nintendo's pass through anything

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,558 posts
  • Nintendo Network ID (NNID):VOOK64
  • PSN Name:VOOK
  • Xbox Gamertag:VOOK
Farming Simulator 2012 is the bomb.

There's a good thread on NeoGAF with upcoming games, a LOT of them are JP only at the moment. Third parties in the west don't like to announce anything.

Posted Image

flamecondor

flamecondor

Awesome Member

• Mod Squad
  • PipPipPip
  • 488 posts
Professor Layton 4
Adventure Time Hey Ice King Why'd you steal our Garbage
Dragon Quest Rocket Slime 2
Dragon Quest Monsters
Monster Hunter 4
Castlevania Lords of Shadow Mirror of Fate
Epic Mickey Power of Illusion
Fantasy Life
Etrian Odessy 4
Bravely Default Flying Fairy
Code of Princess
Rune Factory 4
Scribblenauts Unlimited

Oh and of course the first party stuff
Paper Mario Sticker Star
Luigis Mansion Dark Moon
Fire Emblem

I think I'm right for 3DS games in the near future
Posted Image

diaglyph

diaglyph

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 561 posts
Etrian Odyssey, Bravely Default, to me, seem like a 2013 release.
The other stuff I'm not really interested in.

I just want Paper Mario and Luigi's Mansion NOW!!!
Posted Image

luminalace

luminalace

• Members
  • 12 posts
I agree with the OP completely though I think things will be better next year! 2 Xmas' should do the trick!

However Western developed games like Epic Mickey Power of Illusion and Castlevania LoS: Mirror of Fate (yes I know Konami a Japanese company publishes it) need to sell!

At the very least, Western devs should atleast be releasing more contenton the eShop!

playa271

playa271

• Staff Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,804 posts
I agree also, but coming from someone with a backlog of DS games to go back to, it's a good thing that it doesn't bother me, let alone even notice the lack of titles. I'm actually quite fortunate for the breathing space atm (even for my wallet :P)
NnzUelS.gif
sig.gif

Ganmaku

Ganmaku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts
Actually this games looks quite brilliant. Let's hope it gets localized.. CAPCOMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!

z e l d a f l a v o u r e d z e b r a t o w e l d a n c e

diaglyph

diaglyph

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 561 posts
Yea the Lost Planet spin off looks good!
But I don't think it's the game for me :(
It's a type of shooter.
Posted Image

trin

trin

.trinest™

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,288 posts
3DS was never alive to begin with. It has been on a respirator and the few times a good game has come out (probably only once or twice as a genuine good solid title) it has only been enough for it to show a flicker of life. Don't get me wrong, this thing is dead. 2012 I thought would be the year the 3DS was saved, but many of the games are now 2013 titles. So once again pffvffv. In short my 3DS is collecting dust.

diaglyph

diaglyph

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 561 posts
After finishing Heroes of Ruin, I've gone back to playing Radiant Historia. Granted its not a 3DS game, but it will help tide me over until Mario 2 and the XL. I can also continue to play Theatrhythm whenever the mood strikes.
At the moment though, I don't really have the money for a lot of games, so I'm glad there aren't a lot of games coming out.
Now from our point of view, people who bought a 3DS from the beginning etc yea it may look bleak etc. But for a new person coming to a 3DS, there are plenty of games to get into.
Don't forget that there is now Kingdom Hearts and that game is quite popular with a lot of people (I'm still on the fence about the game, as I generally don't like real time combat).

IMHO I don't think it's that bleak or doom and gloom for the 3DS. It has started selling well, which is a good thing. I hope this means more games :)
I'm hoping there'll be more games that offer similar features to Heroes of Ruin, I think the voice chat alone is a nifty feature.
Posted Image

Jabjabs

Jabjabs

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 169 posts
I had always felt that handheld devices tend to jump between the few big titles and then big droughts in between. The machine isn't dead it's just in a current drought ready to bounce back at some point. Vita is on life support but 3DS is definetly doing much better than that.

ambercrystal

ambercrystal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
I hadn't played mine for a while, but then I got Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance. Now, I won't put the damn thing down, which is getting in the way of uni work, I can tell you.
Nintendo 3DS Friend Code- 1977-0183-8793
Name- Becky

The Prophet

The Prophet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,052 posts
I haven't played my 3DS in probably over a month despite getting Pokemon Conquest, Solatorobo and Sonic Generations. I guess assignments come first.
Posted Image

Dude, the chick's a MILF.

pchan

pchan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,276 posts
Oh Conquest. I could be wrong here, but perhaps these (read Pokemon DS games) games are coming out on DS because they're considered old titles in Japan. Either that, or the DS is still going strong in Japan, and they're showing support.

Could also be a tactical move to generate more hype after the 3DS XL comes - like a rebirth.

Likewise, Kingdom Hearts is what's currently living in my machine, with the occasional swap over to Theatrhythm.

@JabJabs - I love your comment re: Vita on life support. I almost forgot it existed!
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users