• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

Ganmaku

Ganmaku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts
Who's got their eyes on what exactly?

I have to say it looks as though the Poohbisoft camp will be getting my hard earned dollars on launch day and I may just have to stop calling them by that name. ZombiU could be a really great way to get amongst the new controller and AC whatever it's called looks too be quite brutal.

Or do I start Mass Effect on the last title in the trilogy?

Oddly NSMB U has me nonplussed, but we'll see and I've never played a Pikmin game before so I'm not overly geeked for that either.

Fingaz X'd that Skyrim is announced in the second wave Iwata promised us!!!!!!!!!

Thoughts?
z e l d a f l a v o u r e d z e b r a t o w e l d a n c e

flamecondor

flamecondor

Awesome Member

• Mod Squad
  • PipPipPip
  • 497 posts
Well at this stage I'm looking at getting Zombi U, Lego Cities Undercover, Pikmin 3, NIntendo Land, New Super Mario Bros U & Darksiders 2.

Zombi U looks like a fun little FPS game and I like the premise of what happens if you die in game. Lego Cities Undercover I was in love with after the first trailer. It looks like lots of fun to play and just to be able to mess around in a large Lego City should be great. Pikmin 3, well its Pikmin so its not really a hard choice to be honest.

The last 3 I'm on the fence about kind of. Nintendo Land actually looks to be alot of fun. I'm hoping it will be a pack in title with the system but we'll see. From what I've seen of the Zelda level I think I'm going to enjoy at the very least that. New Super Mario Bros U, well the New Super Mario series hasn't wowed me yet, we'll see how I'm feeling for another one after New Super Mario Bros 2. As for Darksiders 2, I'll get it at launch if I haven't already caved in a got it for 360 or something. But I would rather have it on WiiU as thats going to be my main system going forward.

I'm kinda hoping some of these slip date abit just cause 6 games at launch is alot, I like to really keep it at only 2 to 4 titles at launch so we'll see.
Posted Image

Ganmaku

Ganmaku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts
My money is on Nintendo Land being packed in too.

Arkham Asylum might be also be hard too pass up from what I've heard. I should probably add that I dont own any HD systems and have barely played one so I'm absloutely fine with some of these older ports.

Edited by Ganmaku, 24 July 2012 - 12:00 PM.

flamecondor

flamecondor

Awesome Member

• Mod Squad
  • PipPipPip
  • 497 posts

My money is on Nintendo Land being packed in too.

Arkham Asylum might be also be hard too pass up from what I've heard. I should probably add that I dont own any HD systems and have barely played one so I'm absloutely fine with some of these older ports.

If I didn't have Arkham City on the 360 I would mark that down as a def buy for me, but I'm really on the fence about that one to be honest.
Posted Image

Jabjabs

Jabjabs

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 173 posts
Personally I have been going through Pikmin on the Wii release and am totally hooked all over again. It has been about 8 years since I last played it and had totally forgotten about how amazing it really is.

Am very hyped for #3 now especially with the possibilities for Nintendo to show off the game pad in an awesome new way.

Phantom Ganon

Phantom Ganon

Online Event Co-ordinator

• Staff Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,320 posts

Personally I have been going through Pikmin on the Wii release and am totally hooked all over again. It has been about 8 years since I last played it and had totally forgotten about how amazing it really is.

Am very hyped for #3 now especially with the possibilities for Nintendo to show off the game pad in an awesome new way.

You might be a bit dissapointed to know that Pikmin 3's primary control scheme is the Wiimote and Nunchuk. You can use the Pad of course, but it has been said the MoteChuk is the way the game was designed. Probably due to the fact that Pikmin 3 was a Wii game.
SOLID GOLD SON
Posted Image

Jabjabs

Jabjabs

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 173 posts
Oh yes I am aware of the control differences but that doesn't really bother me at all, the magic is in the gameplay on this one. It could be done entirely on a clunky keyboard and it's charm would still come through abite a lil more clicky.

That said I will try both control methods on release, let's just hope it's balanced out unlike when Sony made move compatible games and they handled very strangely on move because they weren't designed with it in mind.

Ain Soph Aur

Ain Soph Aur

• Staff Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 417 posts
I'm interested in Batman, Pikmin 3, and ZombiU at the moment.

Still not sure if I will buy at launch, as the above titles - while appealing - don't quite have the appeal as, say, Mario 64 did when the N64 launched.
Posted Image

diaglyph

diaglyph

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 561 posts
Hmm not sure really. Most likely Pikmin, Nintendoland (still hoping it will be bundled), maybe New Super Mario Bros U.
The others don't interest me, particularly the FPS type games - I have zero interest in FPS games.
Posted Image

Nintendo 3DS: 0903-2758-0800

Miiverse: diaglyph

Getting an education was a bit like a communicable sexual disease.
It made you unsuitable for a lot of jobs and then you had the urge to pass it on.
-- Hogfather, Terry Pratchett

Ganmaku

Ganmaku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts
I generally agree with your sentiment^^^ regarding FPS's, however I am quite partial to zombie apocalypses.

diaglyph

diaglyph

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 561 posts
I will admit, I was kinda surprised by Zombie U and how well it seems to play with the gamepad etc
Don't know if I'd get it myself. Hoping there'll be demos in the Wii U eShop ;)
Posted Image

It made you unsuitable for a lot of jobs and then you had the urge to pass it on.

Medrad

Medrad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,674 posts
Hmm... as much as I like the idea of ZombieU... watching the gameplay trailer... doesn't thrill me. Maybe when it comes to these sorts of games I'm more of a "Give me the gun and let me at them" sorta person. Shows the great possibilities of the controller but yeah... "adult" gimmick I think. Saying that, it'll probably be on purchase list when I get the console.

New Mario Bros. U is a definite must, the game just looks so much better but sticks to the great formula that NSMBWii had.

One game that normally I pass on but am VERY interested in is Rayman Legends! It looks great, the challenge is there, and there seems to be some element of co-op (I could be mistaken). Perfect mix of visuals, gameplay and replayability.

Tank!(x3) will be a possibility if it's an improvement over the arcade version. I expect online multiplayer as a minimum... simple design, simple game, difficult to achieve perfection.

Lego City undercover actually really intrigues me. I love the Lego games and this looks like a great combination of Cop hero and exploration. My only concern is that if this game was really a WiiU worthy title? Couldn't it have been done for the Wii?\

Pikmin looks like the most beautiful game out of the lot though... I never completed it on the GC but loved the visuals... HD is perfect for such a game.

Project P-100... a Pikmin style knock-off? Possibly.

There's so many possible games I would purchase. I think I'll have to wait to see what bundles are available and what really gets me excited closer to release.
Posted Image

Currently counting my sets and it's increasing! (Prev 58)

trin

trin

.trinest™

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,288 posts
Title wise I'm looking forward to ZombiU, Pikmin 3, Lego City and if I'm bored I might pick up P-100 or that mini game Nintendo has. In realitity hardly any of these titles will be launch in Australia and I'll walk away with Rabbids and a game I regret like with the 3DS.

Edited by trin, 04 August 2012 - 09:15 PM.

Ganmaku

Ganmaku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts
AC3

I've never really played a HD title, never explored cutting edge environments and as a longtime fan of the Tenchu series I feel I can't go wrong here.

trin

trin

.trinest™

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,288 posts
Apparently theres more Launch Window suprises or some bullshit like that.

Jabjabs

Jabjabs

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 173 posts
That probably just means a eShop release of Pacman. :D

Tmecha

Tmecha

• Members
  • 3 posts
just pre ordered the WiiU but not to sure on what games to get :(

trin

trin

.trinest™

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,288 posts
I'd say Rayman but its now Q1 :(,

Ganmaku

Ganmaku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts
Never been a Rayman fan. Appaling character design in my opinion.

But I picked up Origins for $20 at Target on the weekend and its actually a great deal of fun. After playing NSMB 2, the art direction is magnificent! And thankfull you dont even have to play as Rayman you can chose to be this Globox fellow.

Phantom Ganon

Phantom Ganon

Online Event Co-ordinator

• Staff Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,320 posts
OK, so here's what I'm thinking for launch.

NSMBU (because 2D Mario)
FIFA 13 (because I'm a soccer nut and it would be kinda nice being able to improve against my friends who have the game on PS3, though I still hate EA)
ZombiU/Assassin's Creed III (ZombiU if it lives up to the hype, Assassin's Creed if it does not)

Three games should be enogh for the first few months for me. I can always rent other games that I want to try out too (like Batman, LEGO City, Scribblenauts).
SOLID GOLD SON
Posted Image

Lucrei

Lucrei

• Staff Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 738 posts
As I'm getting the Premium Pack, Nintendo Land is obviously there.

ZombiU is looking like my only definite at this stage, however I'm leaning towards NSMBU (not sold yet though). Darksiders II is another option I'm considering, having enjoyed the original. I'm also a little tempted by Ninja Gaiden 3, although I think I'd prefer to play it's predecessors first. Not particularly interested in anything else at present.

Also to the people dismissing ZombiU as just another FPS, I'd say you should take another a look. From what's been shown it seems to be leaning heavily on survival horror i.e. if you take on more than two or three enemies you WILL die. It just happens to be from a first person perspective; it's not your typical FPS. I wouldn't be interested in it that much if it was.

Medrad

Medrad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,674 posts
I'm getting ZombiU.... not really a fan of survival horror games, never really hooked onto one, but after a few reviews of ZombiU, the whole "You only have 1 life" sort of challenge before you become a zombie, yet get to blow your old zombie up for the equipment gain... seems awesome. As for shooter, it's hardly a shooter. It's more the survival/puzzler, and supposedly the zombies have great AI... so if you hide behind something thinking you'll be safe... they come straight over you and BLERRGGGHHHH.... you're dead! (or is that undead?)
Posted Image

diaglyph

diaglyph

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 561 posts
I'm still not sure which game I'll be getting, but I'm thinking maybe Trine 2.
I'm getting the premium edition, so I'll be getting Nintendoland already.
Posted Image

Lucrei

Lucrei

• Staff Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 738 posts

I'm getting ZombiU.... not really a fan of survival horror games, never really hooked onto one, but after a few reviews of ZombiU, the whole "You only have 1 life" sort of challenge before you become a zombie, yet get to blow your old zombie up for the equipment gain... seems awesome. As for shooter, it's hardly a shooter. It's more the survival/puzzler, and supposedly the zombies have great AI... so if you hide behind something thinking you'll be safe... they come straight over you and BLERRGGGHHHH.... you're dead! (or is that undead?)

Reviews? I wasn't aware any were out yet?

Medrad

Medrad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,674 posts

Reviews? I wasn't aware any were out yet?

Well, a few "hands on" reviews at display events. I might've read them in UK magazines I purchased whilst I was over there. It seems that there are a few people who've written on their experiences with the game so far.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users