Photo

PokÚdex 3D to be discontinued (in Japan)

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

YamiHoshi.nl

YamiHoshi.nl

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 157 posts
Although all the other Nintendo's don't have any information about this, it seems like the Japanese 3DS owners can no longer download Pokédex 3D from the eShop, starting June 18th, 2012.
Pokédex 3D Pro should take its place on July 14th, 2012.
We've asked my local Nintendo PR, but they didn't know anything about this.

But this is exactly, what I found in the Latest News section on the eShop:
Posted Image

What do you think about that?
Should the Pokédex 3D continue to be 'sold', as a 'no-budget' version?
Or is it worth to let the Pro version replace the free one?

playa271

playa271

• Staff Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,821 posts
I'm not sure if I'm getting this. But are you saying (or nintendo) that the Pro version will come at a cost? (considering i didn't see a cost) I logically would assume the Pro version was just a significant upgrade to the standard one, therefore its discontinuation. Otherwise, if the opposite is true, the standard one should still be sold as the budget version.
NnzUelS.gif
sig.gif

YamiHoshi.nl

YamiHoshi.nl

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 157 posts
Reading the Title alone, confirms discontinuing.

playa271

playa271

• Staff Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,821 posts
I understand the discontinuing part; I'm curious to know whether there's a cost involved with the pro version.
NnzUelS.gif
sig.gif

Phantom Ganon

Phantom Ganon

Online Event Co-ordinator

• Staff Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,320 posts
Pretty sure Pro will not be free.
SOLID GOLD SON
Posted Image

diaglyph

diaglyph

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 561 posts
It will cost:
http://www.nintendo....d=2035&pageID=6

Pokédex 3D Pro will be available for purchase via download from the Nintendo eShop for Nintendo 3DS.

(highlight done by me)

My guess - it will be $15 when it comes out (inline with all the other Nintendo released apps)

They're also releasing that AR game where you can capture pokemon, also for purchase. And I reckon it will be $15 too.
Posted Image

Nintendo 3DS: 0903-2758-0800

Miiverse: diaglyph

Getting an education was a bit like a communicable sexual disease.
It made you unsuitable for a lot of jobs and then you had the urge to pass it on.
-- Hogfather, Terry Pratchett

YamiHoshi.nl

YamiHoshi.nl

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 157 posts
How much it will cost in Europe or Australia, I don't know.
I know it'll cost ¥ 1500 in Japan.
But as far as I know, every Japanese price in the eShop, have been lazily converted to Euro's, but not vice versa.
For example: If something costs ¥ 500 in the Japanese eShop, it costs € 5,- in the European eShop.

Here comes the trick: Credit Cards are converted correctly, so when I have € 20,-, I charge ¥ 1000, I'll have € 9,68 left.

pchan

pchan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,276 posts
Well, it's probably a bit late newswise, and those that downloaded it previously wouldn't even notice it, but the free pokedex (non pro) has been culled from the Australian store.

Fair enough, I'm not miffed by that. I am however slightly inconvenienced by the fact that the current firmware puts a placeholder pokedex icon on the homescreen that would normally link the user to a free download - that as mentioned above no longer exists. Even going into the data management menu doesn't seem to yield results re: removing it. It simply doesn't exist according to the console.

I'm not about to fork out additional money to buy the pro pokedex again to see if it gets removed after doing so, but seeing as the headers are different, and the pro and free pokedex can coexist on the same system, I think it's a safe bet to say that unless Nintendo release a relevant patch, we're stuck with a null icon.

(Note: I transferred data from an ambassador 3DS to a Zelda CE 3DS to a 3DS XL, formatted, then transferred the data from a DSi XL to my Zelda 3DS system, as I lost 4 Swords in the transfer process. This may have affected the results)
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users