I return to gaming

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

Lutomes

Lutomes

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 207 posts
Hi forum peeps. I'm an old member from a galaxy far away.

After picking up some Zelda props/collectables at Supanova on the weekend i've decided to make an effort into playing games instead of just hording them in my bookcase. I've still been keeping up to date via the Vooks rss feed/twitter, and also enjoying the podcasts. Thumbs up to those involved.

Hoping to get to know people again, and join some of the wifi nights.

About me: I'm an Accountant, my first console was an Atari XE (which had Mario Bros, no not Super Mario Bros - it was more an arcade style game). While I cut my teeth on Sega consoles growing up, I still played all the Nes & Snes games I could get my hands on at friends.
It's not my imaginary friends that are a problem, it's the imaginary enemies.

Phantom Ganon

Phantom Ganon

Online Event Co-ordinator

• Staff Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,320 posts
I remember you from the early Wii days. Sort of. Perhaps an influx of members old and new for the incoming Wii U?

Anyways, welcome back, and yes, join in on the wi-fi fun. I'll hold another one soon.
SOLID GOLD SON
Posted Image

benanen

benanen

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,682 posts
Welcome back! I think I remember you too... Though maybe I just saw your name as the author of a thread...

Looking forward to seeing you around the forum and maybe the Wi-Fi nights.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Member of the de Blob cult of win | tumblr | Last.fm | Steam

playa271

playa271

• Staff Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,825 posts
welcome back :)
NnzUelS.gif
sig.gif

Lutomes

Lutomes

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 207 posts

I remember you from the early Wii days. Sort of. Perhaps an influx of members old and new for the incoming Wii U?

The Wii U is probably a good reason to be here too. I'm not necessarily getting one at launch... But I said that about the 3DS too but ended up with a pre order.

The realisation that I had spent more time playing with Mario kart RC cars than I had actually playing MK7 made me decide to get back onto it.

I've spent the morning so far knocking off 50cc. I might open up Skyward Sword this afternoon.

flamecondor

flamecondor

Awesome Member

• Mod Squad
  • PipPipPip
  • 495 posts
Holy crap Lutomes is back
Posted Image

Lutomes

Lutomes

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 207 posts
Hey flamecondor, noticing a few familiar names around. :)

Also does anyone have any advice for getting a Wii account transferred to a new Wii? My launch console isn't working properly (coming up with some flash memory error) so I bought a new one to play games on. But all my old Wii Ware stuff is on the old one. When I called them about a year ago they said they could do it. But now when I called they wanted to repair it (at my cost). Any suggestions. There are probably 50+ VLC/WiiWare titles on it so I don't want to just loose them.

I'm also looking for advice on my game list (http://pastebin.com/w13EKHdf & possibly a few missing that I've lent out). Is there anything that stands out as missing from my collection, there will already be stuff out of print and hard to find. But once the WiiU comes out and stores clear their inventory it will be harder again. Also that's a potential chance to get a few other games to round out the library before I hit up ebay. Looking over it myself I can think of Kirby's Epic Yarn & Xenoblade Chronicles. However I know I'm never going to finish Xenoblade, but having a red controller would be cool. :P

After that I think I have to join the backlog challenge thread.

Edited by Lutomes, 28 April 2012 - 11:13 AM.

Takora

Takora

• Lifetime Member
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts
Goddamn, it's Lutomes! I remeber using Scanation all those years ago, back in the pre-Vooks days. Nice to see you back around.

Lucrei

Lucrei

• Staff Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 738 posts
I think you're before my time, but a pleasure to welcome you back all the same.

Our community is (or at least, feels) stronger than ever, so it's certainly a great time to return to Vooks.

You've basically got all the games I own for Wii, at least at a glance. Epic Yarn is definitely reccomended. If you're interested in Xenoblades, don't forget The Last Story and Pandora's Tower, too. Also,e! I've head the Wii verion of A Boy and his Blob is very well done!

Also, here are some games I've got in my collection that may be worth your time:

Wii Sports Resort - It's actually quite fun with friends/family
Boom Blox Bash Party - excellent multiplayer game
Mario Strikers Charged Football - again, a really fun game to play with friends
Ivy the Kiwi - interesting puzzle/platformer from the creator of Sonic
Rune Factory: Frontier - spin-off of the Harvest Moon series, which involves dungeon crawling
Batman The Brave and the Bold - a great co-op beat 'em up

Lutomes

Lutomes

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 207 posts
I'm actually hoping to get rune factory 4 when it comes out in Eng.

What hours might be expected to finish Xenoblade, pandora or last story? Ive been eying them off, but I'm reluctant to get rpgs when ive already got games unplayed. Having said that it would be just as bad to have these missing from a collection...

On the mention of scanation, how I miss the N64/GBA days. When not only did i have time to play games, i had time to work on hobby projects too. I've still got most of the old scans, lol. Every now and then I want to sit down and scan my entire wii/nds collection. But it will take a long time. I think last time I got a dozen wii manuals scanned before i gave up.

benanen

benanen

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,682 posts
You might like to get a copy of A Shadow's Tale too. A great platformer with an unique architectural visual aesthetic.

Oh, and Muramasa: The Demon Blade is another platformer/sidescrolling fighter with stunning a hand-drawn style.

Neither were released locally though.

Edited by benanen, 28 April 2012 - 07:39 PM.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Member of the de Blob cult of win | tumblr | Last.fm | Steam

Ninja Catfish

Ninja Catfish

Lifetime Moderator

• Mod Squad
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,448 posts
  • Nintendo Network ID (NNID):Catfiish
  • PSN Name:NinjaCatfish
  • Xbox Gamertag:NinjaxCatfish
  • Steam ID:ninjacatfish

Goddamn, it's Lutomes! I remeber using Scanation all those years ago, back in the pre-Vooks days. Nice to see you back around.

Wow, that's bringing the memories back. Scanation, Nintendation forums, so long ago!

Welcome back dude!
Podcaster & Contributor
icQSE5fgJ0ck8.jpg
2012_Discussion_NinjaCatfish.gif
2012_MostHelpful_NinjaCatfish.gif
2012_MostPolite_NinjaCatfish.gif
[ Twitter | Last.fm ]

Phantom Ganon

Phantom Ganon

• Staff Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,320 posts

What hours might be expected to finish Xenoblade, pandora or last story? Ive been eying them off, but I'm reluctant to get rpgs when ive already got games unplayed. Having said that it would be just as bad to have these missing from a collection...

Can't speak for the other two games but Xenoblade I've heard 80-100 hours to complete. I've done 52 hours and I don't think I'm close to the ending yet. I would definitely recommend Xenoblade though as long as Wii graphics don't bother you too much. It really is a joy to play.
SOLID GOLD SON
Posted Image

Lutomes

Lutomes

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Can't speak for the other two games but Xenoblade I've heard 80-100 hours to complete. I've done 52 hours and I don't think I'm close to the ending yet. I would definitely recommend Xenoblade though as long as Wii graphics don't bother you too much. It really is a joy to play.

Pfft as if Wii graphics are a problem. I've played everything from text adventures upwards, honestly the worst from memory (for their time) were the Mega Drive RPGs. Snes rpgs left them in the dust, but they were still some great games.

Having said that, Xenoblade at 80 hours is more time that I've got. I know it's standard for JRPGs, but I like the ones where you can finish the story in 20-30 hours but there are another 50 hours in optional exploring & sidequests etc.

I'm still eyeing of the $75 copy with controller though at MightyApe...

Phantom Ganon

Phantom Ganon

• Staff Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,320 posts
To be fair, my 52 hour stat, I've been screwing around a lot. Trying to do the "main" side quest and making sure I keep up to date with that. It's good in the sense, you rarely feel you have to grind. Though I hear that changes at the end. :P

Still want to try out the other two, but I can't justify buying them when I haven't finished this one. James' impressions make me want to buy Pandora's Tower more than Last Story though, even though I would've leaned towards Last Story after Xenoblade beforehand.
SOLID GOLD SON
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users