VOOK

Nintendo's pass through anything

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,558 posts
  • Nintendo Network ID (NNID):VOOK64
  • PSN Name:VOOK
  • Xbox Gamertag:VOOK
Weve got Kid Icarus Uprising and its stand, heres what we think.

Our review copy of Kid Icarus Uprising arrived yesterday and as you know it comes bundled with the newest accessory from Nintendo the Nintendo 3DS stand. The stand comes with the game for free and if youre going to be playing the game for a long period of time youll want this stand. Enough text though, you came for a video and here it is.

View Article on Homepage

Posted Image

NinjaDead

NinjaDead

Cyberdyne Systems Model 101

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,664 posts
I don't see why people should hate the stand. It's free and it's Nintendo giving you another way to play games.

Posted Image

Perth's Pokémon Community
ForumsFacebook

Medrad

Medrad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,634 posts
I must admit, playing the demo unit at the last Connection Tour, I appreciated the fact that the 3DS was held in place by the display desk... I could imagine holding it in one hand, operating one set of buttons, then using the stylus with the other, would end up in a lot of wrist fatigue and pain....

Stand will be great.
Posted Image

Currently counting my sets and it's increasing! (Prev 58)

Ganmaku

Ganmaku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 686 posts
As I'm left handed i thought I'd try out the circle pad pro and stylus combination as its really the only option for us lefties - It's actually quite comfortable, more so than with the system by itself but the stand will no doubt come in handy for extended play sessions.
z e l d a f l a v o u r e d z e b r a t o w e l d a n c e

Toadsiliwraith

Toadsiliwraith

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 398 posts
Cheers for the video, Vook. It seems the stand is solid enough to do its job and is pretty non-intrusive, although it's disappointing (but not unexpected) that it's not physically compatible with the Circle Pad Pro. Looking forward to the review next week. :)

I don't see why people should hate the stand. It's free and it's Nintendo giving you another way to play games.

From what I've read around the place, people don't necessarily hate the stand per se, but rather they hate the fact that it's a band-aid solution to poor/uncomfortable controls that should have been addressed during development time. Furthermore, there's also the point that the game doesn't appear to lend itself very well to portable play sessions as a result, despite the fact that this software is on a portable gaming device, so there could be some bleed-in frustration coming from that aspect towards the stand as well.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Original Xenoblade fanart used in signature by 0こめ0

Ganmaku

Ganmaku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 686 posts

it's disappointing (but not unexpected) that it's not physically compatible with the Circle Pad Pro.

What???

::watches video in entirety::

You have to be kidding me???

So basically I might as well stick this stand in my arse because thats about all its going to be good for. Would it really have been that hard to make it work with the CCP? Am i doomed to a future of hand cramps and neglect because I am left handed?

I'm not feeling the Nintendo love today, this combined with the lacklustre eshop update has me wanting a kiss from Nintendo; because i like to be kissed when I'm getting screwed.

Edited by Ganmaku, 23 March 2012 - 04:07 PM.

z e l d a f l a v o u r e d z e b r a t o w e l d a n c e

Lucrei

Lucrei

• Staff Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 735 posts

What???

::watches video in entirety::

You have to be kidding me???

So basically I might as well stick this stand in my arse because thats about all its going to be good for. Would it really have been that hard to make it work with the CCP? Am i doomed to a future of hand cramps and neglect because I am left handed?

I'm not feeling the Nintendo love today, this combined with the lacklustre eshop update has me wanting a kiss from Nintendo; because i like to be kissed when I'm getting screwed.

Exactly why I'm waiting for a re-design with built in secondary circle pad before I buy anything 3DS related. I'm quite glad I made the right call. It's been very difficult to resist.

Phantom Ganon

Phantom Ganon

Online Event Co-ordinator

• Staff Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,320 posts

Exactly why I'm waiting for a re-design with built in secondary circle pad before I buy anything 3DS related. I'm quite glad I made the right call. It's been very difficult to resist.

I still doubt that the redesign will have a second analog stick or that one is coming any time soon. Especially considering it's not a compulsory part of the control scheme. Don't forget, the CCP also adds two shoulder buttons to the inputs, so a redesign would have to incorperate two extra shoulder buttons as well.

I might be wrong though.
SOLID GOLD SON
Posted Image

Lucrei

Lucrei

• Staff Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 735 posts

I still doubt that the redesign will have a second analog stick or that one is coming any time soon. Especially considering it's not a compulsory part of the control scheme. Don't forget, the CCP also adds two shoulder buttons to the inputs, so a redesign would have to incorperate two extra shoulder buttons as well.

I might be wrong though.

Given the HUGE amount of fallout for Nintendo not including one to begin with from the media and consumers alike, that doesn't seem very probable.

Phantom Ganon

Phantom Ganon

Online Event Co-ordinator

• Staff Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,320 posts

Given the HUGE amount of fallout for Nintendo not including one to begin with from the media and consumers alike, that doesn't seem very probable.

Still think I'll stick to my guns until it all comes back to bite me. For one thing, how could they add the two extra shoulder buttons? They'd have to increase the size of the 3DS. 3DS XL? I do like the fact that mine fits comfortably in my pocket though.
SOLID GOLD SON
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users