VOOK

Nintendo's pass through anything

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,558 posts
  • Nintendo Network ID (NNID):VOOK64
  • PSN Name:VOOK
  • Xbox Gamertag:VOOK
Game store ordered to remove all pre orders on imaginary games, or is it something more?

Last week EB it was widely reported that EB Games (slash Gamestop) were taking pre-orders for Donkey Kong 3D. So far, that’s a game that hasn’t been announced by Nintendo. We’ve now learned that this week EB Games have ordered all stores to ’destroy’ the slicks used for not only Donkey Kong 3D but also the imaginary Kirby 3D and Luigi’s Mansion 2 for Wii. We’re unable to confirm whether this is just EB Games head office reacting to the news or that Nintendo got involved.

Gone.

There well may be a Donkey Kong game coming to the Nintendo 3DS in the future but it certainly not this one. There also will be a Kirby game coming to the 3DS at some point but Luigi’s Mansion 2 probably not coming to the Wii at this late in the consoles life.

If you want to pre-order a Donkey Kong game on the Nintendo 3DS, you’ll have to wait for Nintendo to announce one first.

View Article on Homepage

Posted Image

Polde

Polde

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,070 posts
Thats pretty low of EB if no games were/have been announced, wonder how they were going to defend themselves once customers looked online and found that it doesn't exist.

playa271

playa271

• Staff Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,825 posts
Leave it up to dodgy EB to do this; it's just plain false advertisement. I'm glad something got done in the end.
NnzUelS.gif
sig.gif

Medrad

Medrad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,668 posts
I walk into EB stores every so often... I am always leaving sad... the stores just don't seem to have that style they once did. I blame it on mass-sales of 2nd hand stock, poor delivery of visual keys... I see the signs... "Buy cheap crap from us at %% off!" but that doesn't excite me over some of the other large spaces other stores have for other games.

It's a cave, a cramped, evil cave that has fools' gold all over it... and bones of former games littered amongst the scum clinging to the floor...

Sorry, been a bad day at work.
Posted Image

Currently counting my sets and it's increasing! (Prev 58)

diaglyph

diaglyph

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 561 posts
I guess they didn't tell EB at MacArthur as they still have boxes on shelves along with smash bros 3DS
Posted Image

Nintendo 3DS: 0903-2758-0800

Miiverse: diaglyph

Getting an education was a bit like a communicable sexual disease.
It made you unsuitable for a lot of jobs and then you had the urge to pass it on.
-- Hogfather, Terry Pratchett

Phantom Ganon

Phantom Ganon

Online Event Co-ordinator

• Staff Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,320 posts

I guess they didn't tell EB at MacArthur as they still have boxes on shelves along with smash bros 3DS

At least they know Smash bros 3DS is coming, however far away it may be at this point in time.
SOLID GOLD SON
Posted Image

trin

trin

.trinest™

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,288 posts

It's a cave, a cramped, evil cave that has fools' gold all over it... and bones of former games littered amongst the scum clinging to the floor...

I've never seen an EB bar ones in huge shopping malls (even then) which are not the smallest size shop front ever possible.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users