10 replies to this topic

Phantom Ganon

Phantom Ganon

Online Event Co-ordinator

• Staff Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,320 posts
So what do you guys think?

I played the Cooking Mama demo first and it does make me glad for one thing. The fact that there are games that don't force the 3D effect anymore, because it limited the types of games that could be made. You can still turn on the 3D effect in Cooking Mama but it doesn't do much at all. The gameplay is standard Cooking Mama fare otherwise, and the DS one had the perfectionist in me having multiple goes at a lot of the dishes. For those who don't know Cooking Mama, I'd probably describe it as a more mellow version of WarioWare. Still probably not enough for a buy for me, but I imagine this will be great for the right audiences.

I'm too tired to put up my impressions for Revelations tonight, but let me just say I loved it. Shame the game won't sell terribly well due to its price, but I'm going to enjoy it. Without the Circle Pad Pro.
SOLID GOLD SON
Posted Image

trin

trin

.trinest™

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,287 posts
I don't play with 3D on anymore.

But like you I did Cooking Mama first before Resi.

Polde

Polde

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,063 posts
Have yet to play Cooking Mama, but I did play RE. Was pretty good, I'm pretty tired so I didn't try it with 3D much but it had its moments I guess(although its been awhile since I played a 3DS game). The demo wasn't that scary at all but had the vibe of try to survive on your own. Nice addition was the scanner to look for items, although that may take out the 'conserve every bullet' type of thing.

Also the game can be played in 3rd person rather than 1st. Just go into the options and you can change it. I don't know why Capcom made 1st person as the default, as it seems bizarre but good to know you can change it.

trin

trin

.trinest™

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,287 posts
It is in 3rd person as default? Or do you mean the shooting section?

Polde

Polde

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,063 posts
Sorry walking around, your in 3rd person. But when getting a gun out the screen switches to a 1st person perspective rather than 3rd person.

Dash135

Dash135

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
Resident Evil isn't really my type of game, but I may still get the demo and try it. It is free after all. I played the Cooking Mama demo and it was pretty much what I expected. I did like the cel-shadedness and it looks better than the DS version(s) I think. Gameplay is still the same, but I'm with Phantom Ganon, I had to try the recipe again just to get 100. I'm abit disappointed that there were only one recipe to try out but what can you expect from a free demo? It's still fun and enjoyable minigame type gameplay, but I don't think I'll buy it yet unless it's really cheap or something. I'm fine with my other games for now (I have got quite a few recently).

diaglyph

diaglyph

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 561 posts
Like I said the StreetPass thread (about Resi's streetpass) after playing the Resi demo, I will not get the game as it just reminds me how craptacular I am at Resi Evil games in general, so there's no point in me getting it. But I do hope it attracts resi fans to get a 3DS to get the game :) I will say that I find the graphics and sound of the game outstanding! Very detailed graphics and the demo played very smoothly.

I played the Cooking Mama demo briefly - cute and kinda fun, but I can see it boring me after a while - not really the game for me. And yeah, nice use of the 3D.
Posted Image

Nintendo 3DS: 0903-2758-0800

Miiverse: diaglyph

Getting an education was a bit like a communicable sexual disease.
It made you unsuitable for a lot of jobs and then you had the urge to pass it on.
-- Hogfather, Terry Pratchett

Phantom Ganon

Phantom Ganon

Online Event Co-ordinator

• Staff Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,320 posts
One negative point I noticed about RE, the animations can be extremely jumpy at times. But I do like the Supply Scanner, I think I'm going to be relying on it to make sure I don't completely run out of ammo.
SOLID GOLD SON
Posted Image

VOOK

VOOK

Nintendo's pass through anything

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,558 posts
  • Nintendo Network ID (NNID):VOOK64
  • PSN Name:VOOK
  • Xbox Gamertag:VOOK
Resident Evil can be played with third person camera in shooting mode if you want.

Posted Image

indevelopment

indevelopment

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,341 posts
We have Cooking Mama 4 here, it did not hold niterest with the 7.5 YO that's played the wii and ds versions. Got more value from Freaky Forms, that has been the $7.50 hit of the summer holidays.
Member of the de Blob cult of win - vale thq

pokémons!

still playing animal crossing lets go to the city 5328 1955 3248 Town: Sputnik User: G

Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

DrW@dsy

DrW@dsy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 171 posts
I always use the 3-rd person shoot mode, and I also change the 3d effect to strong (can't quite handle very strong). Still haven't managed to finish hell mode, I get ganked in the smoky ballroom :( Loving the game though, and will definitely be a day 1 purchase for me
3DS Friend Code

Name - DrWadsy
FC - 2707-1622-5489

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users