Nintendo's pass through anything

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,558 posts
  • Nintendo Network ID (NNID):VOOK64
  • PSN Name:VOOK
  • Xbox Gamertag:VOOK
Posted ImageBecomes the Wiis 45th game to sell more than a million copies

Like Skyward Sword? Apparently, you’re not the only one, as Nintendo announced yesterday that Link’s latest tour de force has sold more than a Million copies in the US alone. This makes it the 45th game to do so for the system, which sounds like a pretty impressive milestone.

Posted Image

I wonder how many of those are first party? Alas, if only Skyward Sword had come out a few years ago, I bet that list would be longer than 45.

Source: NintendoLife

View Article on Homepage

Posted Image

Toadsiliwraith

Toadsiliwraith

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 398 posts
The "45th Wii game to reach a million sales" is likely to be referring to the USA region only; Nintendo Japan have had the following image in their Investor Q&A section for some time now, demonstrating just how many titles have broken the million mark worldwide (and dispelling the myth that third party games don't sell on Wii).

Posted Image

None the less, Skyward Sword breaking a million in the US isn't too surprising, although it has suffered quite poor sales in both Japan and the UK (not sure about the rest of Europe, but it's apparently OK). One would think Nintendo has broken even on the costs despite the 3-5 year development time, so I guess they must be happy with how its projecting thus far.

EDIT: Quick sentence fix. Don't know how I slipped up on that. X_X

Edited by Toadsiliwraith, 06 January 2012 - 04:22 PM.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Original Xenoblade fanart used in signature by 0こめ0

cmpa1970

cmpa1970

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
it worries me that nintendo reported skyward sword their most expensive game developed to date & yet being "zelda". it sits so low on the charts in all regions. it's barely in the top 20 anywhere. christmas didn't affect sales at all. for a game of zelda's calibre, these sales figures don't really impress. i'm sad coz the game is so amazing...... :(
3DS STREETPASS ROCKS! 5327-0991-4929
Wii U ID! cmpa1970

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users