Xenoblade coming to PAL

• Please log in to reply
196 replies to this topic

playa271

playa271

• Staff Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,804 posts
lol @ borgster. Ninjadead is actually serious.
NnzUelS.gif
sig.gif

NinjaDead

NinjaDead

Cyberdyne Systems Model 101

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,664 posts
I'm totally serious. I love the Mario Party series. IMO they couldn't do the best they could of with number 8, it was a bit rushed for the Wii. Apparently 9 has better graphics and controls.

Posted Image

Perth's Pokémon Community
ForumsFacebook

Phantom Ganon

Phantom Ganon

Online Event Co-ordinator

• Staff Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,320 posts
Skyward Sword is nice to have on the front page, but this is out tomorrow, so let's give this some time to shine.

Saw another review in the paper today (they're done by IGN AU) gave it 4 stars, the same as they gave Deus Ex. They also said that it's better than anything Final Fantasy have done in the past decade. Can't wait for tomorrow.
SOLID GOLD SON
Posted Image

Phantom Ganon

Phantom Ganon

• Staff Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,320 posts
Bump for it's finally out day.

Got my copy today. Went to Eb first, they only had two copies of the game (one was on pre-order and the other had already sold), so jumped over to JB Hi-Fi who had a shelf full of stock. >.> Grabbed one, guy behind me in the queue also grabbed a copy (which makes me think people who pay attention do actually want this game).

This is going to be great. I am going into this game with no knowledge other than the fact that it's a jRPG, I expect it to be good and whatever I picked up from skimming thorugh the manual. It's been a while since I played a game where I had no idea what it would be like and just jumped into it. So here goes.
SOLID GOLD SON
Posted Image

borgster101

borgster101

Rebel, Emissary, Chosen

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,769 posts
You'll love it.

I bought it today .. haven't started it yet, hopefully will give it a crack this weekend! :)
Posted Image
Posted Image

diaglyph

diaglyph

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 561 posts
This game is great :thumbsup:

It reminds me of Final Fantasy, but already I'm finding it a lot more interesting.
And I already got lost in the world lol (it has a handy quick map travel option if you get lost!!!!).
I love that I can switch voice language at any time, save at any time.
Great so far :)
Will play more over the weekend.

Now does anyone know of some good wallpapers? I just have 2 but can't seem to find any others!
Posted Image

Nintendo 3DS: 0903-2758-0800

Miiverse: diaglyph

Getting an education was a bit like a communicable sexual disease.
It made you unsuitable for a lot of jobs and then you had the urge to pass it on.
-- Hogfather, Terry Pratchett

Medrad

Medrad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,656 posts
I put in the disc... watched that sword glimmer in the field as the time of day changed... the wind blowing effortlessly across the native grasses... the music like an orchestral delivery of pure pleasure with a soul-seeking edge of concern... but oh so pleasurable. I'm so glad I have my games room back.
Posted Image

Currently counting my sets and it's increasing! (Prev 58)

Toddich

Toddich

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,439 posts
Plugged my wii back in for the first time in forever, chucked xenoblade on and 11 hours 56 minutes later I finally stop playing.

This game is exactly what final fantasy 13 should have been. It took everything that was good about it and made it better. The battle mechanics are faster and less button mashy, the huge open world is available 30 hours earlier, the story line isn't as puzzling and you get a sh!t ton of weapons and armour to choose from.

Having not played my wii in ages, I was rather thrown back by the graphics. Took a while to get use to it, can someone tell me if this its good for a wii game? The music is pretty sweet and it's cool having pommy voice overs, just something different. So far my only complaint is that it's on the wii and not the 360 or ps3.
Posted Image

diaglyph

diaglyph

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 561 posts
Am still enjoying the game :)

I think its certainly a very good looking Wii game. It reminds me of FF12 graphics on the PS2.
If Xenoblade came out on xbox/ps3 it would not have received anywhere near the attention its gotten. It would just be classed as yet another RPG for the xbox/ps3.
I'm glad the Wii finally has a great RPG.

I'm also soooo happy I don't have to listen to annoying american accents! Its refreshing hearing UK accents.
The japanese voices are pretty good too.
Posted Image

It made you unsuitable for a lot of jobs and then you had the urge to pass it on.

Phantom Ganon

Phantom Ganon

• Staff Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,320 posts

Plugged my wii back in for the first time in forever, chucked xenoblade on and 11 hours 56 minutes later I finally stop playing.

This game is exactly what final fantasy 13 should have been. It took everything that was good about it and made it better. The battle mechanics are faster and less button mashy, the huge open world is available 30 hours earlier, the story line isn't as puzzling and you get a sh!t ton of weapons and armour to choose from.

Having not played my wii in ages, I was rather thrown back by the graphics. Took a while to get use to it, can someone tell me if this its good for a wii game? The music is pretty sweet and it's cool having pommy voice overs, just something different. So far my only complaint is that it's on the wii and not the 360 or ps3.

Good but not the best graphics for the Wii. After all the only thing that probably can hold a candle tothe HD games from the Wii is Super Mario Galaxy, with its beautiful fur shading and lighting. Also I've heard that complaint before (the it should be on the 360 and not the Wii), with Monster Hunter Tri. Seriously, just appreciate the fact that you're playing a good game. There aren't too many more you'll be playing in Standard Definition anyway. :P

But yeah, you guys are just confirming what I thought. This game is better than good.

Edited by Phantom Ganon, 03 September 2011 - 08:37 AM.

SOLID GOLD SON
Posted Image

NinjaDead

NinjaDead

Cyberdyne Systems Model 101

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,664 posts
Just wanted to say, as an update on my Operation Rainfall hate, I've unliked every Nintendo page on Facebook. I can't stand the spammers anymore ^_^ I just wish NOA would give into the cry babies already, I mean I actually want to be able to comment on statues about Zelda and stuff and not it turned into "give us Xenoblade or we'll riot!" etc.

Posted Image

Perth's Pokémon Community
ForumsFacebook

Phantom Ganon

Phantom Ganon

• Staff Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,320 posts
Back on to the actual game, it's pretty awesome.

Now that I've seen the graphics, I can say Toddich, they're almost the best on the Wii. I'd put them behind the Mario Galaxy games, Brawl and I think Skyward Sword will also be better looking. Definitely the best attempt I've seen at realistic graphics on the system Monster Hunter was a bit more blurry). The character models are a bit jarring but the textures are probably the best I've seen on the system and the draw distances make the landscapes look gorgeous. When they said vast land, I didn't think that they meant it'd be quite so vast.

Gameplay-wise the combat is brilliant. Real-time and it encourages you to use the special moves (they're called Arts) as much as you can, whilst keeping with the system of letting your tank character draw aggro whilst you do damage, but not too much damage so as to draw the aggro yourself. I'm only 2 hours in, so I haven't discovered any monsters which use ether yet, nor have I got any spellcasters yet.

The Monado part of the story seems really interesting and I love the heart to hearts. Really reminds me of Knights of the Old Republic.

A very good opening impression from me.
SOLID GOLD SON
Posted Image

flamecondor

flamecondor

Awesome Member

• Mod Squad
  • PipPipPip
  • 488 posts

Just wanted to say, as an update on my Operation Rainfall hate, I've unliked every Nintendo page on Facebook. I can't stand the spammers anymore ^_^ I just wish NOA would give into the cry babies already, I mean I actually want to be able to comment on statues about Zelda and stuff and not it turned into "give us Xenoblade or we'll riot!" etc.

You unliked them, that'll show them what for.

2 Weeks holidays have begun, gonna play the hell out of Xenoblade for the next few days.
Posted Image

Polde

Polde

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,070 posts
From all the impressions, this game sounds like its amazing game. I read PALGN's review and am listening to some of the soundtrack right now and its pretty darn good.

Hopefully I can track this game soon in the coming weeks :D

Medrad

Medrad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,656 posts
I'm merely a few hours in and I'm already worried about not completing a quest in time. I wanna complete as much as I can.. already got a few bonuses from completing a few collections... so far very amusing and also pleased that you run at a decent rate...
Posted Image

Phantom Ganon

Phantom Ganon

• Staff Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,320 posts
My experience is that I'm not too fussed about advancing the story at all. Not that the story is bad by any means, but I'm having so much fun just killing monsters on the beach. Never thought I'd see the day where I thought fighting monsters in a jRPG would be fun. Last time I enjoyed a RPG battle system was Mario and Luigi and this is a much better system IMO. So yeah, just killing stuff and doing random quests to increase affinity.
SOLID GOLD SON
Posted Image

diaglyph

diaglyph

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 561 posts
I've just reached the Gaur Plains (with my favourite music yay!) and I loved the epic curscene showing the 2 giant mechas! I loved the impressive scale of it! Those 2 look massive. I already have some suspicions about the story, but I don't know yet.
*SPOILER*
Spoiler

Have to do some assignments *boo hiss* :realmad: but once I'm done I'll probably get back into it.
Posted Image

Medrad

Medrad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,656 posts
So much Xenoblade! So little time!!! One of life's great dilemmas!

I saw a MASSIVE level 18 bird thing on Air Battery 3, decided to check it out... slipped with the wrong button and entered battle mode... was pretty much insta-fragged...
Posted Image

Phantom Ganon

Phantom Ganon

• Staff Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,320 posts
Almost same deal as you Medrad, I'm currently Lvl 9 and I must've been going off in the wrong direction because I saw some Lvl 36's off in the distance. Did a u-turn and went back to Colony 9.
SOLID GOLD SON
Posted Image

Medrad

Medrad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,656 posts
Where abouts in Melb do you live PG? Maybe we can get together sometime and share Xenoblade experiences? I'm pretty sure I'm either missing things or am doing things wrong at some point.
Posted Image

diaglyph

diaglyph

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 561 posts
There are some high level creatures around the place.
In the colony 9 area, there is a little island on the east side where you have to be careful, as you can encounter lvl 30 piranhas!!

Then in the Gaur Plains there's this giant lvl 70 or something gibbon looking creature that stomps around (kinda reminds me of the fel reaver in Outlands and the frost giant in Northrend in WoW hehe). Luckily I've been able to avoid those. Tho there was one area in the Gaur Plains where I found some little ruins off this little path, there was a red orb item, I picked it up then suddenly a giant spider came out of nowhere! LOL It was double my level at the time hehe I ran away quickly.
I'm now level 20.
Posted Image

Medrad

Medrad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,656 posts

There are some high level creatures around the place.
In the colony 9 area, there is a little island on the east side where you have to be careful, as you can encounter lvl 30 piranhas!!

There is a collective group of level 70ish pirhana fish around Colony 9... don't wanna go into the water near them... wondered why I was insta-fragged.
Posted Image

DrW@dsy

DrW@dsy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 171 posts
Yeh, that spider thing scared the crap out of me too :)

Run away, run away!!

Sunk around 15 hours into this so far, still fairly early on (I think). I seem to spend all my time side-questing :)
3DS Friend Code

Name - DrWadsy
FC - 2707-1622-5489

Medrad

Medrad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,656 posts
Ok, here at work, thinking about Xenoblade, wanting to play it... smash some bunnits... fear/slash the mechon... explore that far off cove... argh!!! I hate it when I get all itchy for some gameplay.
Posted Image

Phantom Ganon

Phantom Ganon

• Staff Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,320 posts

Ok, here at work, thinking about Xenoblade, wanting to play it... smash some bunnits... fear/slash the mechon... explore that far off cove... argh!!! I hate it when I get all itchy for some gameplay.

I feel the exact same. :) But we're stuck until later.

I've just getten through the first major story event of the game too.

(Just after Shulk first gains the Monado)
Spoiler

SOLID GOLD SON
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users