Xenoblade coming to PAL

• Please log in to reply
196 replies to this topic

diaglyph

diaglyph

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 561 posts
I traded in 2 more games, and now my preorder is paid off in full :) yay for trade ins! hehe
Posted Image

Nintendo 3DS: 0903-2758-0800

Miiverse: diaglyph

Getting an education was a bit like a communicable sexual disease.
It made you unsuitable for a lot of jobs and then you had the urge to pass it on.
-- Hogfather, Terry Pratchett

DrW@dsy

DrW@dsy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 171 posts
I went with an import on this one, but used all my trade-ins towards skyward sword. I think I have to pay about $4.20 on that one :)
3DS Friend Code

Name - DrWadsy
FC - 2707-1622-5489

diaglyph

diaglyph

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 561 posts

I went with an import on this one, but used all my trade-ins towards skyward sword. I think I have to pay about $4.20 on that one :)

I'm not sure if I'll get Skyward Sword yet. I'll wait for a bunch of reviews etc And I can see myself being busy with Xenoblade :P
Posted Image

It made you unsuitable for a lot of jobs and then you had the urge to pass it on.

flamecondor

flamecondor

Awesome Member

• Mod Squad
  • PipPipPip
  • 496 posts
Look what arrived in the mail this morning

Posted Image
Posted Image

DrW@dsy

DrW@dsy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 171 posts
damn you... mine's still not here :( I was really hoping it'd get here today, ready for the weekend...

Where'd you get it from?
3DS Friend Code

Name - DrWadsy
FC - 2707-1622-5489

flamecondor

flamecondor

Awesome Member

• Mod Squad
  • PipPipPip
  • 496 posts

damn you... mine's still not here :( I was really hoping it'd get here today, ready for the weekend...

Where'd you get it from?

Game.co.uk, was going to go Zavvi, but their shipping takes a few days long then Game, so I went with Game and decided to get the controller bundle for the hell of it.

Today is going to be a long day till I get home to play it :(
Posted Image

DrW@dsy

DrW@dsy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 171 posts
Ah well. I went with ozgameshop. Last time I went with game.co.uk (solatorobo) it took over 3 weeks :( Guess I must have had bad luck then...
3DS Friend Code

Name - DrWadsy
FC - 2707-1622-5489

flamecondor

flamecondor

Awesome Member

• Mod Squad
  • PipPipPip
  • 496 posts

Ah well. I went with ozgameshop. Last time I went with game.co.uk (solatorobo) it took over 3 weeks :( Guess I must have had bad luck then...

Yeah I had an issue with Solatorobo as well, don't know what happened there, but Xenoblade arrived without any issues.
Posted Image

DrW@dsy

DrW@dsy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 171 posts
Ah well, guess I've learned my lesson then :) I just assumed they were pulling a dodgy when they said 4-6 days for intl. delivery. Hope it's good, you'll be getting a fair bit of envy from me at least :)
3DS Friend Code

Name - DrWadsy
FC - 2707-1622-5489

Phantom Ganon

Phantom Ganon

Online Event Co-ordinator

• Staff Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,320 posts
Impressions plox when you start playing then flamey.
SOLID GOLD SON
Posted Image

NinjaDead

NinjaDead

Cyberdyne Systems Model 101

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,664 posts
Might be slightly off topic, but I really hate Operation Rainfall. I "like" Nintendo related pages on Facebook such as Nintendo and Nintendo 3DS, I like to read what they post and I enjoy reading comments from other Nintendo fans, but I cannot enjoy that anymore. Three out of four posts is spam about Operation Rainfall, a lot of it is hate towards Nintendo and threats about leaving Nintendo's side if they aren't released.

Now, I think Xenoblade will be a decent game, maybe a 8/10 game. But no way, is it the greatest game on a Nintendo system ever. This may sound hypocritical, but how can people judge the game if they haven't played it? How do they know it's the greatest game ever? I myself, I'm not a big fan of JRPG's so that's my excuse.

Reggie himself said, that it depends on the Xenoblade sales in Europe, if the US will get it released or not, so why must they constantly spam Nintendo sites and groups? I dunno, it just annoys and frustrates me for some reason and I had to post my thoughts about it with you guys. You can hate me or like me or just think "wtf this guy's weird", I just want some input on this ...am I over reacting?

Posted Image

Perth's Pokémon Community
ForumsFacebook

Medrad

Medrad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,669 posts
Haters gonna hate?

Think about how many games you dislike... think about how mature you are not to rave on about it like a loony and decide to make better use of your time. You said comments come from the US mostly??? Enough said.

Keep calm and carry on.
Posted Image

Currently counting my sets and it's increasing! (Prev 58)

Phantom Ganon

Phantom Ganon

• Staff Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,320 posts
For sure it won't be the best game on a Nintendo system ever. But from what I hear, it's one of the best JRPG's in a long time. Now I'm not too fond of the genre myself, I won't begrudge the people from the States for wanting to see the game come out. Also is Rainfall just for Xenoblade, or also for Last Story and Pandora's Tower too? They've sorta become accustomed to not missing any games so it was probably a bit shocking to them that they wouldn't be able to find any of those games in stores.

Anyway, to me it gives me a whole bunch of laughs. Thinking back to how Super Paper Mario and Brawl were uber delayed and how Punchout got a limited release and Sin and Punishment got no release at all. We may not even be out of the woods yet, I'll be ropable if Skyward Sword isn't release within a week of America and Europe.

I'm much mroe fond of Operation Moonfall myself. :P
SOLID GOLD SON
Posted Image

diaglyph

diaglyph

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 561 posts
Rainfall does cover all 3 games: Xenoblade, Last Story and Pandora's Tower. It seems all 3 will see a Euro release, but no planned US release.

I kinda feel for the gamers in the US (in that I undertand how they feel), as we've missed out on a lot of games that only get US releases, like Phantom Brave Wii or even (for the moment) Devil Survivor Overclocked 3DS. But I think it's great that for once, we get some "big" games to try out first.

Another but: this would all be moot if there was no region locking. If Nintendo removes region locking out of their firmware updates this would not be an issue (and I entertained the thought the other day regarding the 3DS, that Nintendo could've removed region locking from the 3DS when the price drop was announced, instead of offering 20 games). Then people would be able to import the games they want.

Edited by diaglyph, 28 August 2011 - 11:12 AM.

Posted Image

NinjaDead

NinjaDead

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,664 posts

Haters gonna hate?

Think about how many games you dislike... think about how mature you are not to rave on about it like a loony and decide to make better use of your time. You said comments come from the US mostly??? Enough said.

Keep calm and carry on.

I didn't say I hated the games, heck I haven't even played them so how can I judge? I plan on buying Xenoblade on launch day, so you can't really call me a hater. And actually, I've acted much more mature than the spammers, at least I've come on a forums and told people how I feel instead of spamming multiple groups and websites with my emotions.

Posted Image

ForumsFacebook

Phantom Ganon

Phantom Ganon

• Staff Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,320 posts

I didn't say I hated the games, heck I haven't even played them so how can I judge? I plan on buying Xenoblade on launch day, so you can't really call me a hater. And actually, I've acted much more mature than the spammers, at least I've come on a forums and told people how I feel instead of spamming multiple groups and websites with my emotions.

I think he was siding with you dude.
SOLID GOLD SON
Posted Image

NinjaDead

NinjaDead

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,664 posts

Oh well. Just putting it out there that I don't hate the game, so I'm not being biased.

Posted Image

ForumsFacebook

James

James

Pop Ate My Heart

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,889 posts
It frustrates me that Americans have such a bloated sense of entitlement.

I've been playing this for about two or three hours so far. It's a bit of a shame this hadn't actually hit earlier in the Wii's life span as it's so damn amazing. If you like your RPGs, you'll really like this. The Battle System is real-time, but not terrible (IE. FFXII) and I really like the characters so far. Everyone is British, though, kind of weird to hear that in an RPG. So used to terrible melodramatic Americans (IE. FFXIII).

I suppose if you've got questions I can answer them, as like Flamey I've also imported. >_>

It's essentially a jRPG but the world that it takes place in is really intriguing and unique, I'm very impressed with how unique it is. It really does remind me of those old RPGs you used to get in the mid-late PS2 days, not like today where HD RPGs are somewhat anaemic (or at least Square Enix ones are).
Community Manager & Review Contributor
Posted Image
Posted Image
[ Twitter | Minus | last.fm ]

Medrad

Medrad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,669 posts

Indeed I was...

I meant that the US complaints base are haters... insert shocking gangsta rapper reference...
Posted Image

Phantom Ganon

Phantom Ganon

• Staff Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,320 posts
Guys, a 92.75% on Gamerankings from 8 reviews and a 92 on Metacritic from 20 reviews. I'm seirously getting pumped.

With this, Skyward Sword and Kirby: Return to Dreamland (and perhaps the Last Story/Pandora's Tower/Dragon Quest) the Wii might be ending its lifespan in a pretty awesome way.
SOLID GOLD SON
Posted Image

Medrad

Medrad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,669 posts
Out with a bang PG... out with an almighty BANG! I think games like Monster Hunter and some of the FPS ports can show that graphics and graphic artistry can really shine on the Wii. Sure, it might be stuck with stereo sound and not have HD graphics, but what it has is plenty enough! I don't sit there and rely on sound from behind me to complete a game, nor do I really rely on left or right sounds... usually there's an on-screen indicator for that... but I find myself immersed in many games, whether they be simple or extremely stunning.

I am so hanging for Xenoblade... it looks amazing, it's an adventure with plenty of action in there not to mention stunning scenery.
Posted Image

flamecondor

flamecondor

Awesome Member

• Mod Squad
  • PipPipPip
  • 496 posts

Everyone is British, though, kind of weird to hear that in an RPG. So used to terrible melodramatic Americans (IE. FFXIII).

Oh thank god its not just me who got freaked out by this. It just feels soo odd. I gotta say I'm not a huge fan of the voice acting in the game, the dialogue just feels off and disjointed at times. I kinda wish this had of gone through Nintendo US as their translation department is amazing.

Other then that I'm really enjoying the game, I'd say I'm about 13 hours in and having a blast with it. The game world looks amazing, its just soo vast and large and some areas just seem to go on forever. I'm still trying to wrap my head around combat as I think I'm missing something, sometimes I do really well and other times I get owned and I'm not sure why. I'm not a huge fan of how you auto attack in combat either, it just makes me feel a little disconnected from the battle at times. You have control over when you do your special attacks (called Arts) but you standard attack auto hits and I honest would of rather to have had control over that as well.

As James said this really should of come out earlier in the Wiis life, it could of done great things for the system and really started a big JRPG movement on the system. This would of been a great title to fit into the big droughts we were having in 2008 (Animal Crossing year). I'd def say pick it up as its amazing, however if your not a fan of JRPGs I don't think this will change your mind.

Oh and the soundtrack is amazing.
Posted Image

diaglyph

diaglyph

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 561 posts
I've heard some of the voices on youtube videos, and I have to say I find it refreshing not hearing the typical american accents! Though I will judge it more once I have it going in my Wii. If I find I don't like it, I'll switch to the japanese voices (that's a question though: it does have english/japanese voice option right?).

I was thinking about the Wii U the other day, and I wonder if it will scale Wii games to 1080p (kinda like what the PS3 can do if you have the PS2 emulation)? I was just thinking how Xenoblade will look in HD.
Posted Image

NinjaDead

NinjaDead

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,664 posts

Guys, a 92.75% on Gamerankings from 8 reviews and a 92 on Metacritic from 20 reviews. I'm seirously getting pumped.

With this, Skyward Sword and Kirby: Return to Dreamland (and perhaps the Last Story/Pandora's Tower/Dragon Quest) the Wii might be ending its lifespan in a pretty awesome way.

I'm also looking forward to Mario Party 9 ^_^ it's going to be tons loads better than 8, mark my words.

Posted Image

ForumsFacebook

borgster101

borgster101

Rebel, Emissary, Chosen

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,769 posts

I'm also looking forward to Mario Party 9 ^_^ it's going to be tons loads better than 8, mark my words.

Posted Image

Edited by borgster101, 29 August 2011 - 08:49 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users