Xenoblade coming to PAL

• Please log in to reply
196 replies to this topic

anti-villian

anti-villian

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 179 posts
after waiting for how long? a year! or maybe even more I don't even know it's finally been announced that xenoblade is coming to europe. that means Australia too right? I just heard this now haven't even read past the head line. anyway here's my source's

http://www.nintendo....cles_32583.html
http://www.siliconer...ade-chronicles/

we so excited! fun fun fun fun
sorry for the noob post :P

Posted Image

Leon77

Leon77

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 237 posts
It doesn't necessarily mean Australia, but here's hoping. Otherwise you can import Xenoblade Chronicles to play on your Australian Wii without issues. Certain Australian retailers may even import their own stock and sell it here in limited supply like in the case of previous games.

Posted Image

Ganmaku

Ganmaku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts
I've heard very little about this - it looks good! Single player rpg, right?

Edited by Ganmaku, 01 April 2011 - 04:33 PM.

z e l d a f l a v o u r e d z e b r a t o w e l d a n c e

anti-villian

anti-villian

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 179 posts
woop! vook covered it.

I think the chances for it coming to australia are pretty high, liken this to the disaster: DOC case and that was a much smaller less known game that was given the same treatment (EU release but no NA release) and it was still brought to aus.

As for the game, I actually haven't played any game in the xenogears saga, but from what I know it is a single player third person action RPG with top notch gameplay and story telling of the highest standard. Reviews have given this game just short or 100%. my japanese and japanese speaking friends have told me that it's has one of the best plots they have ever seen and others have said it's one of the few games to actually make them cry. The game world is HUGE and aside from the main story there is still loads to do. As you can see graphics look nice and I love the art style.

so yeh, you can say I am VERY excited for this.

P.S. can I change the title? lol comeing

Edited by anti-villian, 01 April 2011 - 07:56 PM.

Posted Image

Leon77

Leon77

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 237 posts

As for the game, I actually haven't played any game in the xenogears saga, but from what I know it is a single player third person action RPG with top notch gameplay and story telling of the highest standard. Reviews have given this game just short or 100%. my japanese and japanese speaking friends have told me that it's has one of the best plots they have ever seen and others have said it's one of the few games to actually make them cry. The game world is HUGE and aside from the main story there is still loads to do. As you can see graphics look nice and I love the art style.

so yeh, you can say I am VERY excited for this.

P.S. can I change the title? lol comeing

Xenoblade carries few references and themes from the Xenosaga series, so it can be perceived independent from the series. I share the same opinion about the game's quality, so much so that I'd rate it the best single-player RPG I've played on Wii. I've had the opportunity to play the likes of say The Last Story, Tales of Graces, Radiant Dawn, Arc Rise Fantasia etc.

The environments are huge and play seamless in the Japanese version. While the trailer stresses a fair bit of running, there are landmarks (think Skies of Arcadia's "Discoveries' feature), which you can warp between once discovered. This helps minimize any excessive back-tracking along the way.

Other than the compelling story, the game features open ended time-based events and side-quests across numerous populated towns. Think the notebook element of Majora's Mask but on a much grander scale. The flexibility of the game is great and really does give the player a sense of freedom. You can choose to focus on the game's story or opt to spend time completing side-quests, it's entirely up to you.

The soundtrack is excellent too and is the result of a collaboration between many of Square's former employees at Monolith and some outsourcing to include legendary videogame composers Yasunori Mitsuda and Yoko Shimomura.

I really can't praise the game highly enough.

Edited by Leon77, 02 April 2011 - 10:29 AM.

Posted Image

Toadsiliwraith

Toadsiliwraith

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 398 posts
I have to admit, there was look of complete shock and surprise on my face after hearing Nintendo of Europe would be delivering a localised version of Xenoblade. Given the long time lapse between the original Japanese release and now, with no info on an English release since, I had given up all hope of seeing the title. None the less, this game is definitely on my radar for the year, as I could use a(nother) quality RPG to sink of teeth into, and would make a welcome addition in the diversity of the Wii's software library. :)

Irrespective of whether local retails will stock the game, I will be making my purchase from Europe to secure my copy, if only due to the inevitably cheaper pricing. The price for "local" copies of Sin & Punishment 2 have left a rather bad taste in my mouth, and thus I don't hold any hope for a good deal. :(

Posted Image

Posted Image

Original Xenoblade fanart used in signature by 0こめ0

AyJay100

AyJay100

Giant Space Baby

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,901 posts
Can't wait, although I wasn't surprised when I heard this news. I mean, it was announced at E3...

Posted Image

I had that same problem, I ended up just button mashing till it worked

James

James

Pop Ate My Heart

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,889 posts
Yay! Nintendo remembered the Wii existed!
Community Manager & Review Contributor
Posted Image
Posted Image
[ Twitter | Minus | last.fm ]

diaglyph

diaglyph

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 561 posts
http://gonintendo.co...y.php?id=155951

So seems like Xenoblade may come out in September :)
And remember, if it doesn't physically come out here, we can still import from the UK/Europe.
Posted Image

Nintendo 3DS: 0903-2758-0800

Miiverse: diaglyph

Getting an education was a bit like a communicable sexual disease.
It made you unsuitable for a lot of jobs and then you had the urge to pass it on.
-- Hogfather, Terry Pratchett

Ganmaku

Ganmaku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts
I just read that it most likely will not get a North American release, I assume as it is PAL we are still safe though, I rather not have to import.

Edited by Ganmaku, 24 June 2011 - 10:03 AM.

Phantom Ganon

Phantom Ganon

Online Event Co-ordinator

• Staff Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,320 posts
No NA release doesn't affect us (though they are really mad right now). Even if NAl doesn't localise it, you can play it via import. I'm also sure that if you absolutely cannot import, Gametraders will have copies. They're already advertising Last Story.
SOLID GOLD SON
Posted Image

DrW@dsy

DrW@dsy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 171 posts
This is another must-have for me. And @PG - was Last Story confirmed for an English release? How did I miss that?!?!?
3DS Friend Code

Name - DrWadsy
FC - 2707-1622-5489

Phantom Ganon

Phantom Ganon

Online Event Co-ordinator

• Staff Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,320 posts
I think Last Story is getting a PAL release as well. Gsmetraders had the pre-order boxes out so I'll assume it's an English version they're advertising.
SOLID GOLD SON
Posted Image

benanen

benanen

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,672 posts
I'm not a huge RPGer, but I'll be stocking up on these (Last Story, Xenoblade and maybe that Pandora's Tower thing if it ever comes to fruition) titles as they look excellent, and will give my Wii some extra legs.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Member of the de Blob cult of win | tumblr | Last.fm | Steam

diaglyph

diaglyph

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 561 posts
Nice little direct feed video from Xenoblade
http://nintendoeverything.com/68381/

I have to say, I'm actually happy to hear a game in english, that is NOT using american accents. Too many of these games use mostly american accents. Saw a comment on gonintendo for this video, along the lines of "I wish they spoke american. Americans don't want to hear europeans" LOL
Well I'd have to say I'm sick of hearing american accents all the time ;)
(tho it may be that poster was making a joke at NOA's expense for not bringing it to NA)

Anyways, I wasn't sure about this game before, but I think I'll definitely be picking this up.

Edited by diaglyph, 28 June 2011 - 07:07 AM.

Posted Image

It made you unsuitable for a lot of jobs and then you had the urge to pass it on.

Neon

Neon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 460 posts
ugh, typical Americans. I bet they're not getting the game because they won't release it locally without american voice actors lol.

The accents are brilliant, I need this now.

trin

trin

.trinest™

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,288 posts
Pretty much all the Operation titles are coming over. But to Europe not America.

Any word on if NAL will publish them here? Or will we be importing the games? Personally I'm more interested in Pandoras Tower out of the three, followed by Last Story. But Xenoblade looks gorgeous.

diaglyph

diaglyph

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 561 posts
I haven't seen anything about aus date (though seems likely that Xenoblade will come here).
In any case, I don't care ;) I will order from UK as it will be cheaper than local (my guess, the games will probably be around $50 AUD, and I'm sure they'll be $99 locally).
Posted Image

diaglyph

diaglyph

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 561 posts
Woot for August release date :)

Quite a beautiful title screen for a game :) (actually goes a full day cycle)

Posted Image

VOOK

VOOK

Nintendo's pass through anything

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,558 posts
  • Nintendo Network ID (NNID):VOOK64
  • PSN Name:VOOK
  • Xbox Gamertag:VOOK
I emailed Nintendo Australia about a local release, no word back yet.

Posted Image

DrW@dsy

DrW@dsy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 171 posts
Sadly for Nintendo Aus I've already pre-ordered mine from elsewhere. The 3DS release dates haven't been awful (only a few weeks behind, so far) but I'm not optimistic about this, so I'll just import. Also, I'm happier paying $45 rather than $99.
3DS Friend Code

Name - DrWadsy
FC - 2707-1622-5489

Neon

Neon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 460 posts
Why do I think they will add an oceanic region to the next 3DS model just to combat that...

diaglyph

diaglyph

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 561 posts
Unless Nintendo makes the game cheaper or has some special deal/pack in Australia, I'll be importing.
I refuse to pay $100 for a game anymore.
Posted Image

Ganmaku

Ganmaku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts

Sadly for Nintendo Aus I've already pre-ordered mine from elsewhere. The 3DS release dates haven't been awful (only a few weeks behind, so far) but I'm not optimistic about this, so I'll just import. Also, I'm happier paying $45 rather than $99.

May I ask where you've ordered from? $45 sounds to good to pass up.

benanen

benanen

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,672 posts

May I ask where you've ordered from? $45 sounds to good to pass up.

Maybe here. I'll probably go for that deal too, unless something else pops up.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Member of the de Blob cult of win | tumblr | Last.fm | Steam

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users