Photo

Street Fighter IV 3D Official Thread

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

Poll: Street Fighter IV 3D Official Thread (13 member(s) have cast votes)

Will you be picking up Street Fighter?

1. Yes (11 votes [84.62%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 84.62%

2. No (2 votes [15.38%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 15.38%

Vote Guests cannot vote

Phantom Ganon

Phantom Ganon

Online Event Co-ordinator

• Staff Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,320 posts
It's to do with certain moves cancelling into each other. You really have to get the timing right. And don't ask me because I know nothing on the subject. Takora and James would probably be able to explain it better.
SOLID GOLD SON
Posted Image

LurkerJC

LurkerJC

Plan B, excpect delays

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts
Those basic combos are usually just insane timing. you really have to get it down. sometimes though, you have to cancle into another attack.
for example you can do a special attack, then quickly excecute an ex version of another atack to cancle the animation of your first one. unless its stated in the trial you dont usually have to do this. one exception i found though was akumas focus attack to ultra trial.
you cant do his ultra right after the focus attack, the animation of the attack takes to long and you miss the enemy. BUT you can cancle the focus attack animation by dashing foward right after the attack connects, giving you enough time to perform an ultra.

http://www.youtube.c...6/5/onvtbvgU_Rk

this guy has a whole range of tutorials on the game mechanics. everything from cancles, ex's, crossovers, focus blocking, teching and pretty much everything. though the tutorial is on the consol version and he uses a stick, the game mechanics are exactly the same so it should be helpfull. the first few tutorials are just on setting up, so skip to chapter 4 part 1.
undefined NaN NaN, NaN:NaN
Posted Image
My deviantArt (rarely Updated)
http://jcarhat.deviantart.com/

AyJay100

AyJay100

Giant Space Baby

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,901 posts

I had that same problem, I ended up just button mashing till it worked

The ultimate solution.

Posted Image

I had that same problem, I ended up just button mashing till it worked

Ninja Catfish

Ninja Catfish

Lifetime Moderator

• Mod Squad
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,433 posts
  • Nintendo Network ID (NNID):Catfiish
  • PSN Name:NinjaCatfish
  • Xbox Gamertag:NinjaxCatfish
  • Steam ID:ninjacatfish
It's all in the timing. You can link the 2 moves in the trials, but you can;t just mash one and then the next after a millisecond. It has to be precise timing. No use trying to 'open up' an enemy to the moves, it'll only link with precise timing regardless of what you'd done to them previously.
Podcaster & Contributor
icQSE5fgJ0ck8.jpg
2012_Discussion_NinjaCatfish.gif
2012_MostHelpful_NinjaCatfish.gif
2012_MostPolite_NinjaCatfish.gif
[ Twitter | Last.fm ]

LurkerJC

LurkerJC

Plan B, excpect delays

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts
the trials drove my brother insane. the timing of links is pretty deadset. i remember reading somwhere that there are two types of attacks that go into the combos. the ones that cancle themselves like 3 quick punches. you can pretty much mash those. but then the links require precise timing. like, right after the punch connects or as the animation ends. or something along those lines.
still. its hard to get the timing right in trial. i spent so long trying to get 2 punches down before i got into the 'flow'

but sometimes its not about timing. there are trials that require you to focus cancle and it does not tell you.
for example. akumas trial #14.
-Focus attack
-Wrath of raging demon (ultra)

being very rusty and pretty much new again to street fighter. i did not know you could cancle the animation of the focus attack after you connect. WITHOUT doing that, the enemy crumples afterwards and you will ALWAYS miss with akumas ultra. after the focus, the only way you can hit the second move is if you dash before doing it.

its little moments like this that peeve me off -_-
undefined NaN NaN, NaN:NaN
Posted Image
My deviantArt (rarely Updated)
http://jcarhat.deviantart.com/

Takora

Takora

• Lifetime Member
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

The Super Bar (the big blue one) charges when you do special moves (pretty much anything that's not a standard punch/kick, anything like a Hadoken or Shoryuken etc).
Certain moves use a portion of the super bar, or if it's fully charged you can do a super move.

Not true. The super bar also fills just with normal attacks/blocking, albeit much slower than by using special attacks.

Ninja Catfish

Ninja Catfish

Lifetime Moderator

• Mod Squad
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,433 posts
  • Nintendo Network ID (NNID):Catfiish
  • PSN Name:NinjaCatfish
  • Xbox Gamertag:NinjaxCatfish
  • Steam ID:ninjacatfish
Ah, didn't know that. I never noticed any discernible increase in the super bar from regular attacks, but I guess enough of them must make a difference.

If you have trouble with Trials, check Youtube. It's good to see exactly how it's pulled off, and trying to replicate it yourself.
Podcaster & Contributor
icQSE5fgJ0ck8.jpg
2012_Discussion_NinjaCatfish.gif
2012_MostHelpful_NinjaCatfish.gif
2012_MostPolite_NinjaCatfish.gif
[ Twitter | Last.fm ]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users