Ocarina of Time 3DS

• Please log in to reply
114 replies to this topic

Ain Soph Aur

Ain Soph Aur

• Staff Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 417 posts
Just finished this the other night. Enjoyed it much more than I thought. Loved it back in 1998, but playing it again on a portable console with 3D graphics was amazing.

Easily one of the best games ever made.
Posted Image

Medrad

Medrad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,656 posts
Best part, putting the game on "pause" by closing the 3DS, resuming where you left off. No more starting at the entrance to a dungeon, or back in Link's treehouse... so much win with "sleep mode"!
Posted Image

Currently counting my sets and it's increasing! (Prev 58)

Leirith

Leirith

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts

Best part, putting the game on "pause" by closing the 3DS, resuming where you left off. No more starting at the entrance to a dungeon, or back in Link's treehouse... so much win with "sleep mode"!

Yeah that's pretty awesome. Since playing more modern entries in the series I found it a little jarring to have to go way back to those starting points after quitting.

diaglyph

diaglyph

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 561 posts
Sleep mode is big fav feature for me and is what I love about portable gaming. Halfway thru a dungeon and train has arrived at destination? No probs, flip shut and continue later.
With home consoles I do wish they at least had some sort of "quick save" feature that allows you to continue from that spot later.
Posted Image

Nintendo 3DS: 0903-2758-0800

Miiverse: diaglyph

Getting an education was a bit like a communicable sexual disease.
It made you unsuitable for a lot of jobs and then you had the urge to pass it on.
-- Hogfather, Terry Pratchett

LurkerJC

LurkerJC

Plan B, excpect delays

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts
Game is amazing, finnished off the normal quest quickly and then jumped straight into master quest which i hope to 100% complete. when i first played this game i didnt even know about the 'forest stage' deku nuts and sticks upgrade.

master quest is insanely hard, i particularly dislike the stalfos, not only do their jump attacks do insane amounts of damage, but it sometimes goes over your shield, so if your low on hearts its generally a one shot kill.
the challange is great though, and once i 100% it i want to speed run master quest with just 3 hearts.

im glad to see so many glitches in this game (some intentional, other unintentional) which makes the game seem broken... but in the 'ahhh you could do this in the original' kind of way. my favoirites are bomb sliding and bottle adventure )the latter allows you to haveany item as the sword b button, and then allows you to start a new game and instantly have said item, allowing for insane speed runs)

linky (no pun), but as with glitches that uses bottle duplication glitch (its in here too!), i reccomend NOT saving after doing the glitch =]

undefined NaN NaN, NaN:NaN
Posted Image
My deviantArt (rarely Updated)
http://jcarhat.deviantart.com/

diaglyph

diaglyph

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 561 posts
Amusing glitch video. Though I don't remember Link groaning so much in that intro LOL
Posted Image

It made you unsuitable for a lot of jobs and then you had the urge to pass it on.

Medrad

Medrad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,656 posts
I have a question... but will hide it for those who haven't beaten OoT 3D yet.

Spoiler

Posted Image

Currently counting my sets and it's increasing! (Prev 58)

diaglyph

diaglyph

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 561 posts

Spoiler

No I believe that's new for the 3DS version. I doubt back then they would've been able to put that into the N64 cart.
Posted Image

Leirith

Leirith

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts

Sleep mode is big fav feature for me and is what I love about portable gaming. Halfway thru a dungeon and train has arrived at destination? No probs, flip shut and continue later.
With home consoles I do wish they at least had some sort of "quick save" feature that allows you to continue from that spot later.

A shame we won't able to do this with the GBA games.
http://www.vooks.net...-GBA-Games.html

Phantom Ganon

Phantom Ganon

Online Event Co-ordinator

• Staff Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,320 posts

Spoiler

That bit wasn't, but the credits displayed before that (the original credits) were the ones in the N64 version. The credits with the orchestral I imagine were for those who helped with the remake. I hope they do something similar for Star Fox 64 (doubt it though).
SOLID GOLD SON
Posted Image

trin

trin

.trinest™

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,288 posts
It is a shame they didn't to the whole soundtrack OST.

diaglyph

diaglyph

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 561 posts
I got my copy of the OST CD today. Had a quick listen thru the CD. Would've been cool if they did some orchestral versions of the other bits as "bonus tracks", like the Song of Storms :)
Posted Image

Phantom Ganon

Phantom Ganon

• Staff Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,320 posts

It is a shame they didn't to the whole soundtrack OST.

I don't agree. Though I wouldn't have minded if they had an option in the game of orchestral and original soundtrack (not sure how this would go in terms of room on the 3DS cartridge), I'm glad Kondo told them just to redo the N64 MIDI's to make them sound better. The orchestral track was great, but it didn't sound quite right and I don't think OoT would've benefited at all with an entirely orchestrated soundtrack. I say leave it for Skyward Sword, where the orchestral tracks can fit the mood of the game better seeing as SS will have had the sound designed entirely with orchestrated tracks in place.
SOLID GOLD SON
Posted Image

diaglyph

diaglyph

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 561 posts

I don't agree. Though I wouldn't have minded if they had an option in the game of orchestral and original soundtrack (not sure how this would go in terms of room on the 3DS cartridge), I'm glad Kondo told them just to redo the N64 MIDI's to make them sound better. The orchestral track was great, but it didn't sound quite right and I don't think OoT would've benefited at all with an entirely orchestrated soundtrack. I say leave it for Skyward Sword, where the orchestral tracks can fit the mood of the game better seeing as SS will have had the sound designed entirely with orchestrated tracks in place.

Not to disagree with you with regards to how the music was treated in the 3DS version (which I thought was great and suited the remake), being MIDI files the music would not really take up much room (tho am unsure about the actual MIDI instruments), but fully orchestrated tracks would (though don't forget, the 3DS cart can store from 2GB upwards if need be). And yea, I don't think a fully orchestral version of the Ocarina soundtrack would've worked with the remake.
Am looking forward to the Skyward Sword soundtrack tho :)

Just an aside: am curious what the ROM size for Ocarina 3DS is compared to the original? I think the N64 version took up 64MB? At a guess I would say Ocarina 3DS would at least be double that size, but I reckon more like 256MB or even 512MB.

Edited by diaglyph, 16 August 2011 - 10:43 AM.

Posted Image

Phantom Ganon

Phantom Ganon

• Staff Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,320 posts
Got my soundtrack a few days ago, listened to the whole thing. It was like playing through the whole game again but shortened into the length of the soundtrack. I was however surprised to find that there were in fact two orchestrated tracks in the game.

I knew that Kakariko Village sounded different between Child version and Adult version (adult version sounded more like the version in Link to the Past), I did not however realise that it was orchestrated.

Also the piano part of the Boss Battle theme (for the fire bosses) is amazing.
SOLID GOLD SON
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users