• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

AyJay100

AyJay100

Giant Space Baby

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,901 posts
Just post general discussion of what shows you're currently regularly watching on TV, as you would on the 'What are you listening to' thread, 'What have you seen lately' thread, 'What are you reading thread' etc.

I try to watch M*A*S*H on Channel 7 most days, and my mum has gotten me into the Vicar of Dibley, but maybe it's just my ignorance of the time that I'm watching it, but it seems that the scheduling for the show is a bit irregular.

Posted Image

I had that same problem, I ended up just button mashing till it worked

Medrad

Medrad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,634 posts
When the series is on, Big Love on SBS... strange if you don't follow it for long... a show about a Polygamist Mormon family and the struggles they face from the outside world and from the "compound" that they came from...

Also Big Bang Theory!
Posted Image

Currently counting my sets and it's increasing! (Prev 58)

The Prophet

The Prophet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,052 posts
Was watching State of Origin! QUUENSLAND!! Also, The Game.
Posted Image

Dude, the chick's a MILF.

AyJay100

AyJay100

Giant Space Baby

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,901 posts

Also, The Game.

Grr.

Posted Image

I had that same problem, I ended up just button mashing till it worked

The Prophet

The Prophet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,052 posts
If you subscribe to Ministry of Sound Australia, they've put up a sweet video by Tommy Trash and Tom Piper called The Bum Song:

Edited by The Prophet, 08 July 2010 - 09:04 PM.

Posted Image

PlasmaDavid

PlasmaDavid

Send in more planes!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,464 posts
Been watching Burn Notice, Cowboy Bebop and Band of Brothers.

Burn Notice is great, the fact that it's me, PlasmaDavid, watching and enjoying a US show speaks for itself. Though I'm watching an episode or more per day, which has it satrting to feel a bit meh\samey. Fun show though.

This is the first time I've been able to watch all of Bebop, it's gotten a bit more weeaboo than the first few episodes but is still fun enough.

BoB I've never watched before amazingly enough. I knew of it's calibre etc, but it's still absolutely blown me away. The drama, the action, the historical perspective... just fantastic, I'm watching it slowly so I get the most out of it.

"You're like the James of road construction sites." - NinjaCatfish
"I can't pick which game to like less!" - NinjaCatfish
"It's like the pokemon rap for nerds." - NinjaCatfish

"Cease and remove all published material that you are attributing to my name or further legal action will be taken." - NinjaCatfish

"I never even said that last one!" - Ninja"StupidHead"Catfish

Phantom Ganon

Phantom Ganon

Online Event Co-ordinator

• Staff Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,320 posts
How I Met Your Mother

Spoiler

SOLID GOLD SON
Posted Image

Polde

Polde

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,063 posts
Well I don't know how many fans there are here for Dexter, but I finished the Season 4 finale a couple of days ago.

All I gotta say is I totally did not see that coming.
Spoiler

Also finished 30 Rock Season 1 which was great, now onto Season 2

The Prophet

The Prophet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,052 posts
Watchin an Anime called Judge. Was released on VHS here by Manga Entertainment in the mid 90's.
Posted Image

Ninja Catfish

Ninja Catfish

Lifetime Moderator

• Mod Squad
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,433 posts
  • Nintendo Network ID (NNID):Catfiish
  • PSN Name:NinjaCatfish
  • Xbox Gamertag:NinjaxCatfish
  • Steam ID:ninjacatfish
This thread really died. Lucky I found it!

I just finished watching the first season of Damages. I'd been looking for a new drama to fill the hole The Shield left now that I've finally finished that. Damages and most certainly fit the bill.
It was fantastic.

So many twists and turns that left me guessing until the last minute. Gonna have to drop into Kmart tomorrow morning and get a couple more seasons.
I only bought one to start with as a test, but damn, season one was great.

I actually remember James recommending it to me years ago when I was looking for something new to watch, and I started watching The Shield at that time (which I absolutely recommend, my favourite drama to date).
So thanks James, 3 years later :P
Podcaster & Contributor
icQSE5fgJ0ck8.jpg
2012_Discussion_NinjaCatfish.gif
2012_MostHelpful_NinjaCatfish.gif
2012_MostPolite_NinjaCatfish.gif
[ Twitter | Last.fm ]

Ganmaku

Ganmaku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 686 posts
Season final of The Walking Dead tonight! :)

Game Of Thrones starts up again next month, hooray!
z e l d a f l a v o u r e d z e b r a t o w e l d a n c e

pchan

pchan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,276 posts
Yay to Game of Thrones. Been watching the leaked episodes admittedly. 3 I think now. Maybe 4? Feels to be a natural continuation from the first series/book. I haven't read the books, but people say it's pretty damn accurate; almost better.

Also, there's a "Nerd Camp" coming up in .. June/July? (I think) where we go out into the woods with cabins etc, have LARP battles and other nerdy things. The best part is, the theme is A Game of Thrones! The Hut I'm in has claimed the title House Lannister, mainly because the person who's running the con is in it, and looks strikingly like Jamie Lannister. I've claimed the title of the Hound, enforcing and protecting those.. too drunk to function.

Talking of leaked, coincidentally have been watching the 3 leaked Avatar: Legend of Korra episodes. I'm liking the steam punk feel of it, while still having a distinct eastern influence. It reminds me a lot of the old Once Upon a Time in China, Jet Li kung fu movies I watched as a kid. Tyzen is a freaking badass. Just saying'.

Finally, the Series Awake is on my watch list. Admittedly one of the main reasons I started watching it was because Jason Isaacs, aka Lucius Malfoy is the main character in it. General gist is a detective gets in a car accident with his wife and son, losing his son in the resultant accident... OR DID HE? He then wakes up in a different reality where instead of his son being the victim, it is his wife.
Existing in both worlds as the dream world of the other, he solves cases with unbelievable intuition, each world subliminally dropping queues to support the other. But is there foul play involved? A higher being.
And that's pretty much the point I'm up to.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Polde

Polde

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,063 posts
I've really gotta get on watching Game Of Thrones, I have it but haven't got around to watching it yet. Probably because I've been watching lots of Modern Family lately.

pchan

pchan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,276 posts
The fact that a) each episode is an hour long and b) that each episode has its fair share of HBO full frontal nudity/sex scenes make it difficult to watch, especially with family/young children around.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

playa271

playa271

• Staff Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,788 posts
I'm up to date with the awesome series that is Downton Abbey and I've finally finished watching Season 7 of Grey's Anatomy. Now starting the second season of Dexter. I find that I'm playing catch up with most shows, hopefully no spoilers come my way. :/
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

Ninja Catfish

Ninja Catfish

Lifetime Moderator

• Mod Squad
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,433 posts
Been watching season 2 of Veronica Mars recently. It's nice to watch a drama not quite as intense as The Shield or Damages occasionally. There's still damn cliffhangers at the end of every episode, and it's been the reason I've stayed up way too late the last few nights <_<
Podcaster & Contributor
icQSE5fgJ0ck8.jpg
[ Twitter | Last.fm ]

playa271

playa271

• Staff Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,788 posts
I never got the chance to get into Veronica mars, though it's on my list to watch.

As for me, I finally finished watching Dexter Season 2, really intense last 3 episodes.
Spoiler

So now having a break from it and starting the first episode of Mad Men Season 1.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

Phantom Ganon

Phantom Ganon

Online Event Co-ordinator

• Staff Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,320 posts
Anyone watch Revenge by any chance? I'm watching on TV so careful with spoilers people. Though Channel 7 do a good enough job of that in their ads.

Also New Girl?
SOLID GOLD SON
Posted Image

popolopolous

popolopolous

Vice Deputy Sub-Assistant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,146 posts
Revenge is pretty good. Me and my friends were trying to watch it but then I got classes when it was on so we're downloading it now. Just finished ep 11? Not sure where 7's up to yet. It's a good show, cleverly done, although every single person is ridiculously attractive. Corporate beach party, all the 'office workers' are muscly 20-somethings.
I'm in space.
Celebrating six years on Vooks!

playa271

playa271

• Staff Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,788 posts

Anyone watch Revenge by any chance? I'm watching on TV so careful with spoilers people. Though Channel 7 do a good enough job of that in their ads.

Not yet, though the missus really wants to watch it. and yes ch7 is/are notorious for spoiling crap or narrowing the assumptions.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

Medrad

Medrad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,634 posts

Also New Girl?

I watch New Girl, she reminds me of someone I work with, sings to herself, bit of a klutz... either way...
Watching Happy Endings. It's alright, a bit stereotypical in parts, and very annoying in others.

Big fan of Heston Blumanthal (?sp) and his crazy way of cooking and presenting foods... amazes me how he changes things seemingly without any issue...
Posted Image

Currently counting my sets and it's increasing! (Prev 58)

Ninja Catfish

Ninja Catfish

Lifetime Moderator

• Mod Squad
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,433 posts
Just watched the last episode of Veronica Mars season 2. My god that was a rollercoaster ride.
Podcaster & Contributor
icQSE5fgJ0ck8.jpg
[ Twitter | Last.fm ]

Ninja Catfish

Ninja Catfish

Lifetime Moderator

• Mod Squad
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,433 posts
Just finished watching the first season of Episodes (starring Matt LeBlanc and Tamsin Greig) and I really liked it. The first episode was a little uneventful, but from there I found it pretty consistently chuckle-inducing.
Podcaster & Contributor
icQSE5fgJ0ck8.jpg
[ Twitter | Last.fm ]

The Prophet

The Prophet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,052 posts
You're gonna shoot me for this but I am a Big Brother fan so yes I just watched the launch of Big Brother 2012. Zoe is definitely one I'll be voting to evict.
Posted Image

Darth Robbo

Darth Robbo

• Staff Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,912 posts
Couldn't care for watching people live in a house. I live in a house with other people myself, so it doesn't really check the 'escapism' box for me. :P

Just started watching Archer. The pilot was fantastic but second episode was lacking in laughs. Also still chipping away at Peep Show season 2 as well as trying to get around to the last two or three episodes of Game of Thrones season 2. Lacking enthusiasm for the latter since I've already read the first 3 books.

I'm also meaning to get back into the habit of watching Batman episodes while I eat lunch/dinner. Near the end of Brave and the Bold season 1, and I have to work at Volume 1 of the Animated Series. Also I have Indigo League sitting around, which I really need to get back to. Keep the nostalgia fire burning and all.
Posted Image

Posted Image
3DS Friend Code: 3609 - 1057 - 9044
PC Specs: Intel Core i5 2500K @ 3.3 GHz, 2 x MSi GTX 560 Ti in SLI, 8GB 1600MHz Vengeance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users