Thanks to the holidays and a lack of Nintendo news over the last month or two I’ve been able to make great progress on Project Arcturus. So much so that I feel that within a month to two months that the site could be live, it’s basically all finished the actual core of the site it’s just missing some content, bug testing in all browsers and the custom pages like the Vookcast download page etc to be completed.
Now this is where you guys come in!
I am looking for about 5-10 people who are can help us Beta test the site, you’ll have to take a pinky promise and keep the site secret for the entire time but we’ll have a beta testers forum for you to post in.
So what does a beta tester do?
- Check over and look at the new website in a couple of browsers, we’re hoping for compatibly in Internet Explorer 6, 7 and 8, Mozilla Firefox, Chrome, Safari and Opera.
- I will be giving each use some “tasks” to do to try and get them to break the site and see if there is any broken pages, links, programs etc.
- Testers should go over the site in a couple of in different browser just browsing to see for errors.
- Errors to be report in a notepad file or if graphical a screenshot taken
- Test security functions of new site
So yeah it’s a pretty important part to play, I obviously can’t test it all myself (well I could but we’d be here another year) I can’t pay any one $$$ for helping but everyone who participates and gives some feedback will get a surprise and early access to other Vooks early features.
So we want you if you
- Know your way around the web and can spot errors on websites
- Can report back to us on errors.
- Don't have to be a "Web Designer or Developer" we want normal web users to point out errors
So if you want in please tell me what browsers and operating systems you have, if you just have Firefox and Windows XP we’ll take you but we can’t take all of you. We’re looking for people with Chrome, people on Macs, Firefox on Mac, Safari on Mac, Internet Explorer 6 users (this is a big one) and people who have Opera. All combinations.
At this stage we are not looking for mobile testers, but that could be coming later.
Thanks in Advance!